The Leftovers Season 2 Trailer Hints at More Departures and... a Wedding?

If you’re happy and ya know it… The Leftovers is probably not the show for you.

In fact, in the first trailer for the HBO drama’s second season (which starts October 4 at 9/8c), we’re told that, although Kevin, Nora and Co. move from Mapleton to a Texas town that brags of having suffered zero departures, “There are no miracles in Miracle.”

There are, however, seemingly nice new neighbors, the prospect of a wedding (is Nora the bride watering the lawn at 1:05?) and — oh dear — not only signs of more departures to come but a comeback for…

Press PLAY above on the video and see for yourself, then hit the comments with your fears and predictions.

1. Scythe says:

Wow, I’m so pumped by this trailer! I was worried that since they used all the material from the book, they would get stuck in a meaningless story but apparently, they have figured out some twists for the season and I am really looking forward to seeing what they have in store!

• Poster4392 says:

I was exhausted by the first half of the first season, so I dumped it. If it gets better, I will definitely have to check it out. I’ll wait it out though.

2. Senff says:

Anyone who’s read the book: are the departures explained in there? Or is that left open just like in the show? Wondering if reading the book will add to the show or if it would be just the same.

• CountryQueen says:

No, they are never explained in the book. The reason isn’t important, it’s the people left behind. We are dropped into the story just like they are, with no explanation. It really gets the mind going. It’s a very good book. You should check it out.

• ScottJ says:

What possible (realistic) explanations are there? Exactly none.

3. I’m scared that Season 2 won’t be as good as Season 1. I read that this season won’t be as dark. But that was what made it so amazing and different.

4. militantgod says:

Hopefully Scott Glenn makes the trip to Texas too, or in Kevin’s mind. Looks like he may just be in the first episode, though. Interesting character.

5. James says:

I hope The Leftovers hasn’t been watching Wayward Pines and found the beginnings of The Devil reincarnate within the town without sin. The show was definitely pointing to purgatory last season so God isn’t likely to make a guest appearance.