Post Mortems
Stitchers Cameron Dead

Stitchers Finale: Emma Ishta Talks [Spoiler]'s Uncertain Fate in Season 2

Yes, Stitchers fans, that did just happen.

In the final moments of Tuesday’s season finale, Cameron flatlined on a laboratory table after allowing Kirsten to stitch herself into his memories. But don’t expect star Emma Ishta to offer any words of encouragement about Cameron’s fate next season.

“I got nothing for ya,” Ishta tells TVLine, adding that she hopes Cameron pulls through because of how much his relationship with Kirsten developed over the past few episodes. “I honestly don’t know. Anything could happen.”

If Cameron does survive, Ishta says she’d like to find out more about his shared past with Kirsten, since we now know they had previously met as children.

“I’m not entirely sure why it was important for us to see that scene, but it’s nice to see they’ve always had a connection, even before Kirsten lost her memory,” she says. “That was a big shock to me. I didn’t know it was coming, but it was a really sweet scene between them as kids.”

Stitchers fans, do you think Cameron is really dead? Grade the finale below, then drop a comment with your hopes for Season 2.

1. Tiffany Matthews says:

Cameron needs to survive. Him and Kirsten belong together. Plus he is an important character. I hope he lives. And they get a chance together.

2. Sandra khalel says:

The episode was amazing and truly lived up to being an amazing season finale. I can’t wait for season 2! I really hope to see Cameron back in the next season.

3. Stitchers4life says:

Cameron can’t be dead, can he? I mean he is one of he main roles and he had so much with Kirsten.

4. Haley Minnear says:

My new favorite show. Didn’t think I’d get so addicted but after the first episode I was hooked. Really hope Cameron survives. He’s one of my favorite characters and I want to find more about Cameron and Kirsten’s past. Can’t wait for Season 2! Hopefully it’s soon!!!

5. Anonymous says:

I think this episode was great but not for a finale, and I really hope they aren’t trying to kill cameron because they will lose so many viewers. This show is great. When the show comes back, Cameron better be alive

• Jill says:

I totally agree Cameron is an important part of the show, he can’t die now. I also think was a nail bitting cliffhanger, but in the best way possible! I for one can’t wait for season 2!

• kayla says:

All of you guys are right Cameron dying will end the show for me so I am dying to see the next episode. But I know for sure that he can’t die

• Amanda says:

This isn’t the “real” finale, just the summer finale….you know how ABC Family does, they split up the seasons, so around January we will see the conclusion of season 1….but I don’t think that Cameron is done…..

• anonymous says:

THANK YOU!!!!!! for pointing that out because everyone keeps calling it a season finale and IT’S NOT! That just really annoyed me 😡 I also agree that Cameron’s not done too

• ScottJ says:

The first season order was only 10 episodes. So it was the season finale, and that’s why its already been renewed for season 2. If half of season 1 was still to come the renewal wouldn’t have happened yet. It doesn’t help that ABC Family refers to the last episode as the “summer finale” in its publicity, but that is actually incorrect. When the show returns in January that’s season 2.

• Anonymous says:

It’s true, this is not the end of the season this early in the show. It is exactly like Pretty Little Liars, which makes sense because they are in back to back slots on Tuesday nights. And just like Pretty Little Liars they cut off the season at the end of summer (around early-mid August) and they will pick up/finish the season in the winter (around January). So this is not the end of season 1, its more like the seasons summer hiatus. Also, totally agree; if Cameron dies the entire show is shot. They will loose a ton of viewers and the plot won’t hold up without him. In order for the show to continue where it left off Cameron needs to live come January. Plus, he’s one of my favorite characters so if he, in some illogical way does die I’m never going to watch Stitchers again; which is sad because it’s a new favorite, and it’s been a while since I’ve loved a new show.

• Kodabear says:

Actually, it is the season finale. They already stated that the return would be season 2 and that episode 1 would be titled “2.0” because they’ve allegedly taken everything from season 1 and “upgraded” it.

6. Kita Garcia says:

Why Cameron, his relationship with Kirsten is getting so strong it would be interesting to see there relationship grow more in romance then friendship

7. Emma B. says:

Honestly I want to hate this finale but I just can’t!! As much as I wish it was anyone but Cameron to “die” I feel like it added the tension needed. I really hope he is actually dead though!!!

8. Alli says:

Cameron can’t die. That would be devastating.

9. Kacey says:

God I was shocked at how Kristen and Cameron actually knew each other before hand!! But What shocked me even more was the moment Cameron stopped his own heart and said he had to protect Kristen!!! I was on the edge of my couch when the Stitchers group tried restarting Cameron’s heart and it just wouldn’t start!!! The one time Kristen actually shows she cares for Cameron and he’s not even able to witness it!!! You Can NOT let Cameron die!!! Kristen needs Cameron, he makes her better and they need to get together way farther down the story line!! I’m pulling for Cameron and Kristen!!!!!

• Ash lee says:

I desperately need Cameron and Kirsten to have a strong romantic relationship!!! I was jumping up and down with glee and he told her that!!! I also feel that when she said “I didn’t know” in the stitch, she was referring to the possiblility that he “loves” her. I really want them to be a thing. They’re my number one ship!!!

• Mindy says:

My thoughts exactly. I can’t wait for season two.. and what about Fisher, that’s their connect with the police department..

10. Hopefully Cameron survives him and Kirsten had such a good connection. Can’t wait for season 2! Love this show!

11. Arianna Garza says:

If Cameron doesn’t wake up, I might turn out like Kirsten. No emotions. I’ll stay like that until season two if I have to . Please let Cameron wake up, please.

12. Elizabeth says:

Kirsten’s mom is still alive???? Am I the only one seeing this?

• Kari says:

I missed the last few minutes of this show! !!!Ugh! What happened after she bounced back? That was the last thing I saw. Please can someone help me out with the ending? !!!!!

• Nancy says:

I thought the same thing! !!

• Whitney says:

That was only in the stich. It was when Kirsten was a little girl. And in the last stich of the show that was before Ed had Kirsten stich into her mother.

• Tami says:

No, that wasn’t Ed having Kirsten stitch into her mother. That was Kirsten’s real father who did that. Because he did that, Kirsten lost her memory and became…well, Kirsten. Her father left her with Ed after that.

13. Kayla M says:

By far my favorite tv show ever! Since the first episode aired I have been hooked! This episode crushed it all. I have so many questions. The second season can’t come fast enough. Fingers crossed that Cameron lives!

14. Ariella Jones says:

I love this show!!!! I really hope Cameron is not dead!! He and kirsten are supposed to be toghther!!! Kirsten finally realized his feelings in the stitch! She needs to realize her feelings too! He better be back or I will be really upset

15. Jessica says:

I really hope hes not dead. I would hope they wouldn’t kill a main character

16. Meghan says:

This episode was stunning…. I mean yeah everybody caught the drift that Cameron had feelings for Kirsten, but I think it was realized by Kirsten (and all of us viewers) that his affection was deep and genuine. It appeared by his memories (since a person’s strongest memories pull Kirsten in their direction) that Kirsten was at the center of his strongest memories. Well done, producers. You hit this one out of the park.

Now let’s just hope that the producers have the good sense to revive Cameron for season 2 and hopefully several more.

17. Victoria says:

Cameron will survive, but they’ll probably give him amnesia or he’ll be in a coma or he’ll get temporal displaysia or something.

• Snoelle says:

I really hope that doesn’t happen I want regular Cameron to come back not Cameron who doesn’t know how to feel or doesn’t remember anything

18. kayla says:

This show was breathe taking, it left us on a cliffhanger, and I couldn’t keep my eyes off the T.V. I am pretty sure I didn’t blink if this show continues I will be more than happy I would be ecstatic, no I would be more can’t wait till the next episode.

19. mvcrockett says:

Cameron will survive, but they’ll probably put him in a coma, give him amnesia and make him forget Kirsten, give him temporal dysplasia, etc.

20. mvcrockett says:

Also, I love how she said “We’ll get the bastards that did this to us.” Because when they messed with Cameron, they messed with her too.

21. mvcrockett says:

The thing I love the most about this show is that it celebrates people that actually have a brain. You almost never have heroes who are celebrated for their brain or the work it took to acquire the skills it took them to get where they are in their profession. This is the kind of show people should be aiming towards young viewers. A television program where everyone is smart for a change? Count. Me. In.

22. Promy-chy says:

Please do not let Cameron die me, my friends and my family loves him.
    Kristen and Cameron belong together don’t separate them please.
    He plays a very important role in the show

23. Amy rodger says:

omg. love love love this show. absolutely amazing. I live tiesday night just because of it. I really hope Cameron pulls through. he’s very gorgeous and I love the relationship between him and Kirsten. I’ve been pulling that they’d end up together. honestly. if he doesn’t survive, I’ll probably stop watching. so please keep Cameron alive.
    thank you.
    Amy melissa.
    xoxo

24. Alyssa Escobar says:

Please don’t cut off Cameron!I love him being on the show and he is super cute!!

25. Alyssa Escobar says:

Please let Cameron survive!As a huge Stitchers fan I need him to be alive to be with Kirsten!They were meant to be!Without him on the show,I would be really disappointed.Please let Cameron live!!!

26. Sonia says:

Season two has to come soon this is tge best show ever. We need to see kirsten fate with Cameron and Cameron cant be died.

27. JoJo says:

My birthday is in October and I hope that it comes back on on my my birthday! I love this show! I hope my birthday present is Cameron alive and breathing along with Fisher!😲😱😭😤😭😿 my emotions when it ended……

28. Hannah says:

please let Cameron be alive i want kirstan and Cameron to be together i already shipped it.

29. Linh says:

Okay so season 2 is coming this winter right? I can’t possibly wait a whole year!

30. Shari says:

Glad stitchers is coming back and no Cam is not dead. They need to be together.

31. Mady says:

Cameron is my favorite character and I hope he isn’t dead.

32. Hodan says:

LMAO at some people thinking Cameron is going to die! He is like the only other person besides the lead girl that is forsure save.

Anyways, I was hoping Oded Fehr’s character might do something awesome this finale but we got nothing. I am more interested in the older sets story & hope to see more it.

33. Rachel says:

Honestly, if there is a season two or there is a season 1 part 2 (1B) they can’t kill a main character off. And honestly if they actually kill Cameron off the show basically no one would watch it (from comments on YouTube) so they’d have to cancel, so I doubt he’s gonna stay dead

34. jm says:

That is how you set up a for a cliffhanger. Grade A for this episode.
    First you let Cameron teachs Camille how to use the machine, therfore if he is dead, the program can still go… Second u remember us that he has a heart desease, if you remember for the chapter before, the medium warm him to keep the crystal she gave to him. U show us how he gave it to Kirsten instead. And then you show us how he cares so much for Kirsten since they were kids and maybe you hint us why he decide to be an specialist on that topic.
    so now with all of these, people want to know, is he really dead? Are we here with another Game of the thrones wannabe or will they play safe and let him come back? Any options are fine and interesting, but for me it will be more interesting creativily speaking if he stays dead. We know that the team can go on without him. We have Liam coming back. And we will know that noone is safe. However, i am certainly sure he will be Ok. If something is working, you dont change it. And the dinamic between characters is what makes it work. AS we read on the former post, many viewers will be really upset if he is dead, many of them are supporting that relationship. So what option can they have? There should be consequencies… specially regarding his heart condition, he may remain like a vegetal for a while like Marta was… or suffer some brain damage or staying in a wheel-chair… there should be consequences for his dumb (but lovely)act. The only thing i dont want is him alive and with amnesia, that is so cliché.

35. D.Money says:

If he doesn’t make it, I will start a petition to bring him back to the show. I’m fine him being in a coma in the hospital, as long as he will eventually wake up and come back to the team.

36. Diane says:

The show will not be the same if they kill Cameron off. The connection between him and Kirsten is a big part of what makes the show so good. I was really glad to hear there is going to be a season 2, I am afraid it will end up like Twisted did because that was a crime. It was a suspenseful like Stitchers is.

37. Petra Jacobsen says:

Cameron won’t die, they just needed a cliff hanger. I bet for the first 2 or 3 episodes of season 2 he will be in a coma, then wake up and have amnesia. He will remember everyone else but Kirsten.

38. GD says:

I have fell in love with Stitchers ! awesome show! & i hope that Cameron is not dead he needs to survive!!! i would like to see him and Kirsten together as well they would be so cute. and i would like to learn more about the stitchers program and its hidden secrects and how Kirsten is connected to it so much more than she thinks.

39. Jennifer K says:

I choose to believe Cameron WILL survive. Then Kirsten will realize how much he actually means to her and they will began to grow their relationship. They deserve to be together. I love this show and hope it lasts many more seasons.

40. Nada says:

cameron should stay alive. kristen should have feelings for him cuz they do belong together and its obvious that he has loves her. I really want them to be together and for him to stay alive. PLEASE LIVE!!!!!!!

41. Precious says:

Cameron needs to live because him and Kirsten belong together. He is a really important
    guy in this show. Please don’t let him diee.

42. Jane says:

I really enjoyed this new show but I can’t believe they ended it on a cheesy cliffhanger like that one. We all know that Cameron isn’t dead. Please just don’t let him wake up with the other horrible cliché of having amnesia.

43. Gugeeta Cheetram says:

I just hope that they won’t kill him out, so fast. But honestly think that Cameron will survive. I have faith in them hopefully. Can’t wait for season 2 now.

44. VICTORIA says:

please cameron STAY ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45. Angela says:

Cameron needs to Survive.. Kirsten Him do belong together.. When does this Show Come back on? I need to know what happens to Cameron can’t wait for season 2.

46. Yvonne Saunders says:

Cameron has to make it. He is a main character and now that Kirsten knows how much she means to him we have to see more of that relationship. Great show! Can hardly wait for Tuesday to get here every week!

47. Starr says:

Please let Cameron live! He is very important to the show as a whole and without him there’s basically nothing to go on. Also, the whole point of killing himself was to get Kirsten to finally trust him and understand everything he has done so far is to keep her safe. Like Cameron says when he calls his mom in “Fire In The Hole” Kirsten needs to know, for Cameron, “Was it worth it?” “Yes.” Lastly, I want to say this show has been an amazing ride and I have become emotionally and physically attached to all the characters, and I want to see their bonds grow. So for gods sake, please, please, please let me watch the first episode of season 2 and see Cameron open his door in his glasses and gray sweatshirt and hug Kirsten (alive I might add!!) Also (a hospital scene would be nice) (especially one where Kirsten finally tells Cameron how she feels? And she’s holding his hand as he flutters open his eyes?) (just and idea.) I know you’ve got this show perfectly down to a science (haha get it?) so do your thing and I’ll be around for season 2!!!!!!!!

48. Lindsay C says:

The show is amazing, it has quickly rocketed to my favorite show of the year. I was on the edge of my couch the entire episode, every scene was a revelation and a shock. The fact that her dad caused her disease like some sort of mad scientist. Who is the person on the phone and how could they be so cold hearted as to pass a message through a person they killed? It’s pretty random, if not borderline suspicious that Kirsten and Cam met as children….we know why she didn’t remember him, but why didn’t he remember her? Also, how is it that he is just OK with the fact that the lab is fine tuned to her without question? ABC family can weave the heck out of a mystery (Pretty Little Liars – 5 years down the road and we are just now seeing A?) and this show doesn’t disappoint. Great job by the adorable cast and the amazing writers and I can’t wait until they confirm the next set of dates. I read somewhere that they were booked for a Halloween episode and then a January run for February sweeps (same schedule as PLL), but I haven’t seen confirmation of that anywhere else.

Some of the theories and points I have read include:
    – The wheel chair man has actually been following Kirsten for some time and has been in several episodes, so someone had been paying him to follow her for a while.
    – Cameron is going to wake up, the fact that it is a concern is a bit silly, but they could make it super interesting if something turns out to be not quite right with him (what if he does end up with temporal dysplasia and all that sensitivity we love about him is gone?).
    – Who is the lady on the phone, could it be her mother? It did sound a little like Maggie…or someone completely different?

So many mysteries!

Add to that the unwavering commitment to holding intelligence and talent over more superficial attributes is really commendable AND the fact that women are running this show and the men are dealing with what that means for their careers (get with the program Linus) is something really special.

All around it is a great show and I hope we have many happy seasons ahead of us!

#Camsten

49. Emily says:

I really hope Cameron survives!!!! If he doesn’t, imagine all the hate on the show, and a lot wouldn’t even really come back to watch it, unless the 2nd episode back in season 2, he comes back to life, or at the very end of the first episode. Cameron has to survive. So many fans of the show are just screaming at their T.V. because of the ending. I know I certainly was.

50. Cindy says:

My DVR cut off just as they were meeting as kids and she was saying that she was painting her mother’s nails so she’d be happy when she woke up. What did I miss after that?