Fall TV Preview

New Haven Promo Narrows Down the Season 5 Return Date

Haven fans, we now have a month for when Season 5 will resume.

Thus far, TVLine has been able to confirm a “fall” premiere date for Season 5B of the Syfy series. (We also shared this first photo/scooplet for the new run of episodes.) Now a new teaser narrows things down for you, as seen above.

In addition to premiering Stateside on Syfy, Haven will also premiere new episodes on Syfy channels in 87 countries around the world — with the UK, Germany, Spain, Asia and Benelux among the countries fast-tracking the roll-out of new episodes in primetime, immediately after the U.S. does so.

1. It’s exactly as I thought it would be when the expanded episode order was initially announced. This one season ended up becoming two seasons, which makes me think it’ll make it the final season.

• thisismenow says:

What’s odd is they are pushing it out to October. The last 3 seasons have started in mid September. Hopefully, they are taking advantage of Halloween to push people to watch it. But there’s no chance for a Season 6.

• Don J says:

It’s a contract loophole SyFy used to keep the cast under contract for 2 seasons when on paper it was only 1 season. Very likely these last 13 episodes will be it for the show.

• ZhaneEndrick says:

Yeah, they did this same thing with a couple seasons of Eureka. They basically stretch one season over two full years. It’s a rotten trick if you ask me. And yeah, I’m assuming this is going to be the last of Haven. They’re probably ready to dump it for something cheaper.

• James says:

Add to Eureka’s renewal saga was that it was supposed to be picked up for another season but its renewal coincided with some behind-the-scenes drama on Syfy’s mother company that put its fate into question. Eventually it settled with an additional 2 episodes to close itself out, which is better than nothing.

2. Omnikey1 says:

Sad to see a great show go , but I will enjoy the remaining 13 episodes .

3. Olivia says:

I will miss this show once it’s gone. Hope to see Emily Rose in something I watch/will watch after Haven.

4. Gerry says:

One of the best shows out, watched it from the very beginning, no one even knew what I was talking about then,

5. WayneAdneyC says:

Must be going to wait towards the last few to announce it will be the last to insure people will tune in regularly. Great market strategy…which in turn could mean the creators and producers could push, painstakingly for a six and the, final season. Hopefully, that would take place giving more episodes for a better and proper ending, albeit a la the usual show-ending twists and cliffhangers we are constantly privileged to and over saturated with. Show creators do this RIGHT! …And Syfy don’t muck it up for the show and its fans. We appreciate that much from a station who’s been doing mostly good on their entertainment promises.

6. Don J says:

Also, apparently back in April Nova Scotia, where Haven is filmed, made severe cuts to their tax credit program for film/TV productions. Lots of jobs were lost. The new agreement went into affect in July. They wrapped filming the season in December, so they finished just in time. Those cuts pretty much killed any future filming there.

7. Kat says:

It does seem likely to be the end of the show. Honestly, it’s had a good run. There have been a number of shows lately that have been dragged on long past their prime (*cough*Supernatural*cough*) and I’d much rather see them go out before the show gets too convoluted. They’re finally revealing a lot about the mythology behind the troubles, that spells end game to me, and I think it’s a good time for it.

8. Luis says:

If that promo had been any New Age-ier, it would have brought to us by Enya

9. BMS says:

Glad we have a promo, but shaking my head at Syfy who started with July airdates to October for Haven. Sad to see Haven not treated as well for promotion and time slots as their new shows and Sharknado. And writing quality decreased. Goodbye Haven if 5B is the end. I am sure once Haven is gone, I won’t be watching Syfy again due to how they treat well-loved shows. Hoping Nathan is alive by the final scenes.

• omnikey1 says:

Why would you think Nathan is going to die ? don’t get how you get that from a 1 second promo that is just giving us an air date nothing seen from the episodes .

10. Joey Padron says:

new promo looks good. excited for return of Haven this fall!

11. Ryan says:

Strange promo. Looking forward to it though. I’d like to see it at a better time slot than 7pm Friday.

12. Karen MT says:

Haven’s FB page now says October 8th

13. rubytu says:

Does anyone else feel like Nathan is just a cardboard cutout figure? Duke is the man. Well, Duke’s an honest-to-goodness “bad boy”, using sarcasm as truth to power, etc. He’s got all the real “bad boy” characteristics. Very sexy.

14. Raymund Dixon says:

Does anyone know the title/singer of the Haven finale promo —— its fantastic.

• Kay Cole says:

I was just wondering the same thing, Raymond. It is beautiful and haunting, I am surely going to miss Haven. I’ve watched it from the beginning, and have truly enjoyed it. I will miss it. I hope someone will know what the song is and post it.

• Steavy says:

It’s called The Last Boats Leaving by Bachelorettehttp://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Boats-Leaving/dp/B0054OBL0U

15. Please, what is the song on the series finale promo and who is singing it? I never watched the series, but I will now and it’s because of that promo.