Fall TV Preview
Darren Criss American Horror Story

American Horror Story: Darren Criss Eyeing Spooky Hotel Residency

Glee grad Darren Criss is the latest of Ryan Murphy’s band of actors to ring for a bellhop at American Horror Story: Hotel.

Criss is in talks to recur on the FX drama’s upcoming season as a hipster who checks into the eerie accommodations with his girlfriend on Halloween and — thanks to ticking off hotel head Kathy Bates with too many room-service requests — may not check out.

VIDEO American Horror Story: Lady Gaga’s Claws Come Out in New Hotel Teaser

Per E! Online, which first reported the potential casting, Criss’ character would premiere in the Halloween episode and recur after that.

The litany of famous names (in addition to Bates) who’ve already signed up to be part of Murphy’s latest AHS chapter is fun to repeat, so here goes: Naomi Campbell, Lady Gaga, Max Greenfield, Angela Bassett, Matt Bomer, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Denis O’Hare, Lily Rabe, Wes Bentley and Finn Wittrock.

Do you want Criss to go in a new direction with Hotel? Sound off in the comments!

1. John Davis says:

Nice. He’s a great actor.

2. Joey says:

AHS is doing the one thing possible that will convince me not to watch.

3. David4 says:

And everyone thought Lady Gaga would be the one that had to prove she can act. Turns out no matter what she won’t be the worst actor on the show.

4. Just deleted this off my DVR says:

My god, has there ever been a more obnoxious character description? Is “hipster” really something we’re supposed to be intrigued by? Also does Ryan Murphy know that Darren Criss has been whining and complaining about his character and the final season of Glee at multiple fan conventions since it ended? I guess it’s karma that Criss has to go crawling back to a show creator he hates because he can’t get another job. Oh, except for that movie he booked that he also has been complaining about and has told fans that it sucks – with it not even being filmed yet! Is he the most ungrateful brat ever or…? Also way to immediately bring down the average when it comes to acting ability on AHS.

5. Lana says:

Excited! Might actually convince me to tune in.

6. ttttt says:

Please, no.

7. amy says:

Happy to get to watch Darren on TV

8. DCL30 says:

I see that sugar daddy needs to get another one of his stars a job.

9. scb says:

Ryan is casting just about all of his favorites this season, isn’t he.

10. OTP says:

It makes my heart sing that these two love birds will be reunited again.

http*//i7*photobucket.com/albums/y268/hmwoes/5a9d3dd4*gif

11. Felix says:

Here’s hoping for some lower back shots of Mr. Criss. Maybe he can be our new Evan Peters?

12. K says:

This has made me lose interest. He was the worst part of Glee and Murphys fascination with him really harmed the quality of that show. Criss is a good performer but his acting is terrible, so much poor overacting.

13. Fernanda says:

Darren in AHS? finally we could see him naked.. thanks Mr Murphy

14. Spence says:

Boo this season is looking worse and worse. First it was getting overcrowded with stars and now bringing him in…. Not looking good.

15. Ashley R. says:

Yes please! He’s so talented and I would love to see him on another one of my favorite shows!

16. kumbaya says:

Darren Criss has spent the past few months saying Glee made no sense, that no one watched it, he hated Blaine, and he didn’t bother trying to make sense of the scripts at the end with his acting. And Ryan Murphy hires him again? Love yourself, Ryan. You don’t need this troll. Speaking of which, please put a trigger warning on that hideous photo. He is so repulsively ugly. I feel my d*ck shriveling up just looking at him.

17. twerkdat says:

This season seems interesting. I have to say I tuned out sometime in Freakshow. People were making comparisons with Dandy. I’ll give it a go. For gaga, Darren and the core cast.

• JKL says:

Thye were making fun of Blaine comparing him to Dandy in being crazy and a whiny baby who wear bow ties.

• Shadowsnitch says:

Kurt and Santana were the biggest cry babies and Rahel. Blaine didn’t shed the bucket loads of tears and whines they did.

18. Sam says:

Oh my god YES! Put Darren on the show

19. Sam says:

Why is everyone hating on DARREN! You are entitled to your opinions but, do you have to be so HARSH!

20. Porolita says:

I will never understand some people’s fascination with this guy. He can’t act to save his life. Makes horrible faces while trying to give *dramatic* and emotional scenes. The only thing that will appeal to me about watching him in AHS is the possibility of watching him be brutally murdered. He can make horrible faces then and maybe it would work… maybe. I won’t have my hopes up.

21. emily says:

Oh God. Please don’t ruin this show.

22. Jessica says:

Darren Criss cannot act for the life of him. If Ryan’s going to cast a former glee star then go with the better actors like Kevin or Chris. Oh wait, they have bigger projects up their sleeves and not desperate to go back to this asshole.

23. ausiellomustbeproud says:

So let me get this right: even though Glee ended a long time ago, the completely irrational hatred of Darren Criss by most of the tvline commenters didn’t.
    Good to know.

• lol says:

Sorry, is there a rule that people have to like Darren Criss? If anything, his rampant transphobia and sexism this past summer have created more reasons.

24. mama mags says:

yes, def bring Darren Criss on AHS (MY FAV SHOW)……can’t wait…………Ryan Murphy is a great director

25. JordynWeasley says:

Guys don’t hate on my baby. Darren Criss is amazing and there is no reason for you to post your negative comments. He is literally going to be the only reason I’m going to watch AHS. I’ve never really watched it but I’m going to just to support him and see him doing more great things 😍