Descendants Ratings

Ratings: Descendants Makes a Bigger Splash Than Teen Beach 2

Disney Channel’s Descendants on Friday night conjured 6.6 million total viewers, a 14 percent larger audience than Teen Beach 2 premiered to earlier in the month.

The kids-of-villains telepic thus stands as the most-watched cable movie of the year to date, and is the highest-rated among the Kids 2-11 and Tweens 9-14 demos.

Descendants also has TVLine commenters near-unanimously clamoring for a sequel, giving it an average grade of “A-” — stay tuned!

Leading out of the TV-movie, the Jessie spinoff BUNK’D — which was not an exercise in subtle acting — debuted to 4.2 million viewers, up 20 percent from what Best Friends Whenever did in post-Teen Beach 2 bow.

1. Jorge says:

It was Ok. Disney should put more money in special effects, come on, they’re swimming in money.

2. Belle says:

It was really fun to watch, it doesn’t have to be movie theater quality to be a good movie! I love the plot!! My only beef is that one Disney show alum (Cameron Boyce, as Carlos) was completely miscast…sorry it’s only mu opinion, other than that is was a really good movie.

3. ScottJ says:

The movie was kind of cool, but some of the work in it was really dire. The opening song and dance on the island were so badly done that I almost didn’t watch the rest of it after seeing the 6 minute preview. It did get better though.

• Jocelyn says:

I thought it was better then good, I like how they started it the first song was very good, they made a good choice to make the movie and teen beach movie 2 I thought it was ok some if the parts I did not like but that is my opinion. So I like disney Descendants.

4. Betty says:

I thought it was above average after following Disney movies such as bad hair day and teen beach but asking my daughter and niece they thought it was awesome and it is a movie for kids after all. I can say my child and niece very much enjoyed it and thought it was awesome! Me personally I would of loved if the songs were better but the movie itself was good and all that counts is that the kids loved it.

5. Katherine says:

I though Teen Beach 2 was better music wise. This movie seemed surprisingly cheesy and it probably got more viewers because it was being teased and promoted a lot more then Teen Beach 2.

• ndixit says:

It was the disney event movie of the summer with disney story characters and promotional book material released. So its definitely not surprising. It had less viewers than TBM though.

• Jordyn says:

I thought descendants was good because of the plot and thought it was better than teen beach 2 because teen beach 2 was boring sloppy and didn’t have a good promblem to the situation. I personally also don’t think descendants was promoted more because they do them
      the same.

6. Smile says:

I really loved it

7. dan says:

The actress who played Mal was great, she sort of carried the whole thing. Well, all the “wicked kids” were fun to watch. Some of the songs were terrible, but it was fun, overall.

8. Evan says:

Kristin Chenoweth slayed that “Wanna be Evil” song!!!!

9. Jadey says:

BEST DCOM SINCE LEMONADE MOUTH!!!
    6.6 + 1.4 = AMAZING RATINGS

10. Davis says:

I thought disney Descendants was better then both of the teen beach movie.In my opinion I thought TBM 2 and1 was a little sloppy.

11. Mya evans says:

I think they should make a 2 and 3 like high school Musical or even a 4th one can’t wait to watch the next one.

12. Annomous says:

I just gotta say that mal’s character, dove Cameron did an okay job playing the part I feel it could of been better . I feel like the character was underplayed it was too girly and giggly mal’s character portrays as somebody strong determined confident I didn’t see that in the movie .