Jordana Brewster Secrets and Lies

Secrets and Lies: Jordana Brewster, Charlie Barnett Join Season 2

Jordana Brewster (Dallas) and Charlie Barnett (Chicago Fire) will be wrapped up in Secrets and Lies‘ new mystery when the ABC drama returns, our sister site Deadline reports.

Season 2 of the anthology series will focus on Eric Warner (Almost Human‘s Michael Ealy), a well-educated newlywed and heir apparent to his family’s private equity firm in Charlotte, N.C. While Eric is attending a party to honor his dad’s (Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn) retirement, Eric’s wife, Kate (Brewster), is murdered — and he must turn to the unflappable Det. Cornell (Juliette Lewis) to investigate Kate’s death.

Brewster’s Kate is an accomplished attorney who runs the compliance department for the private equity firm. Barnett, meanwhile, will portray Patrick Warner, the youngest child of O’Quinn’s John and an analyst at the firm.

As previously reported, Lewis’ formidable sleuth will be the only Season 1 character returning for the show’s sophomore run. Secrets and Lies returns at midseason.

1. Das Snow says:

Good for you Charlie you have another job and on the show I don’t watch. I know that’s mean but I totally hated his character on Chicago fire. But good for you actor.

• Cassie says:

Actually, I wasn’t a fan of Mills either but Charlie seems like a great guy and is a good actor so I’m happy for him.

2. Andre says:

Love Jordana Brewster. This sounds good.

3. GiGi says:

So S&L isn’t going to continue to be about Ben Crawford’s family? I thought that’s what the show was all about?

• Lauren says:

Last season ended with a conclusion. It ended w a result from the crime. They had clips after each episode that showed a little more. After the finale there was a clip that showed what happened many months after. So it was complete.
      This show tho in a summary says that every yr it’s gonna be a new story and new cast w a whole new plot. So the suspense starts all over again and we have to start guessing who didn’t all over again lol.

• Tea says:

Each season is a new mystery and set of characters, except for Lewis’ character.

4. Martoukian says:

Juliette Lewis was the main reason I never bothered to watch the show. So I guess I won’t start now.

5. Bryce says:

The anthology format is new and all, but I think it’s being stretched a little bit here. Leaving Lewis means that this anthology series is only a degree or so away from the likes of Damages, where each season focuses on a new antagonist and associates of said antagonist.

6. Jeri says:

I wish some of the characters from season 1 were still involved. Really liked them & they are part of the community.

7. Lorraine says:

But u didn’t really say what happen to the dad who went to jail for his son death since we know his daughter did it but y should an innocent man go to jail his daughter should got the help for her crime I think they need to wrap up his story b4 another comes on