Xena Reunion Photo

Lucy Lawless Stages Xena Reunion With Renee O'Connor — See the Photo

Lucy Lawless may have shot down that “rumor” of a Xena: Warrior Princess reboot, but she’d never turn down the opportunity to reunite with one of her former co-stars.

The former Warrior Princess broke bread with Renee O’Connor — aka Xena’s sidepiece sidekick Gabrielle — on Wednesday, posting a snapshot of the reunion on Instagram:

Still hanging with my gal #Reneeoconnor @reallucylawless #xena #gabrielle

A post shared by Lucy lawless (@reallucylawless) on

If only Lawless and O’Connor had invited the horse who played Argo, we’d have the whole trifecta (though sources confirm to TVLine that the horse had a falling out with its former co-stars circa 2009, so don’t hold your breath).

Xena fans, did this photo make your day a little less awful? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Anna Cherry says:

Totally made my day! It’s been awhile since I’ve seen a recent photo

2. LOVE IT! totally makes me want to stop life for awhile and re-watch series in a binge (Hercules too for @groovybruce inclusion)

3. Heidi says:

It absolutely made my day! I’m still bouncing.

4. Fernanda says:

Xena and Gabrielle Forever

5. Kim (@AD76) says:

They both look fantastic!

6. XENA SEQUEL NOW WITH LUCY AND RENEE!!!! WE NEEEED IT!

7. Kimberly says:

Made me a little sad-soooo miss that show!!

8. Wesley Rodgers says:

Watching xena on horror channel, saturday morning. And on dvd the rest of the week. @universal xena movie now!

9. Are you kidding me?? “make my day a little less awful?” LOL It made my day completely and it still is making my day hehehehe WE WANT A XENA REVIVAL MOVIE :)

10. Agent 86 says:

A world in turmoil is crying out for heroes! We need a Xena movie or miniseries now!

11. Scott Gordon says:

How about a MOVIE?

12. Totally made my day, what would really put it over the top is that Xena signature battle cry.

13. Jeremy says:

Lucy looks awesome…which I could say the same of Renee!

14. Kimberly says:

This totally made my day! Can’t stop smiling! We will battle until we get a movie trilogy our mini series revival with Lucy and Renee!

15. suggestion: Since Lucy and Renee are the iconic Xena and Gabrielle and the series ended so badly, bring them back, unite them and let them find and mentor a new Warrior Princess. Lucy so OWNS the role as does Renee, fans will be infuriated if they don’t play an integral part in the new WP. You will need Lucy’s charisma, command and incredible acting and Renee’s light for a new production to pick up after 15 years.

16. Lucy and Renee are just STUNNING!!! We need a Xena movie/revival with Lucy and Renee in their original roles, and to provide closure that Xena and Gabrielle deserve before handing it off to the next generation.

17. Agent 86 says:

So … how much longer do we have to wait to hear that NBC has cast LL and ROC to reprise their original roles as Xena and Gabrielle in a TV movie or miniseries which will help to launch a spin-off, ongoing TV series with a new lead as a protégé “Warrior Princess”?

18. Jim says:

Xena, along with hercules, were the programs that i watched faithfully. The stars were amazing on screen. The gals were super-attractive, physically fit, heros for we mortals. Thanks for showing them today. They are still my fantasy women. Wish them well.

19. liz mack says:

Face it people. We need Xena And Gabrielle much more than many of the current choices. Bring her back to ride off into the sunset to continue doing good, but to Kill her the way it happened was a slap in the face to loyal followers like me.

20. Barbara says:

It’s so great seeing the two of them together. I wish they would do a project together.

21. Di Chong Wee says:

it is so lovely to see lucy and renee are still good mates, would they be doing another show together in the near future, not as xena and gabrialle don’t get me wrong I have watched xena so many times I know it word for word.I hope the dvd’s would come out as I would love to own them. If they do get back together it would have to be something totally different as xena was so long ago. It would be lovely if they could come to the Northern Territory to meet their fans

22. kay Patton says:

I love the show and still watch it today I want to see some new movie with them in it love them both .

23. Ursula Reed says:

I love xena i just finish watching all the seasons it truly ended to soon was a awesome show no other could ever replace them should make a comeback with the great actors