Tom Cruise Takes on Jimmy Fallon in Latest Tonight Show Lip Sync Battle

Tom Cruise will do pretty much anything to promote a movie, and, yes, that includes getting into the Lip Sync ring with Jimmy Fallon.

On Monday’s Tonight Show, the Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation star put his Rock of Ages training to good use, performing both a contemporary smash (The Weekend’s “Can’t Feel My Face”) and an old classic (Meatloaf’s “Paradise By the Dashboard Light”).

Press PLAY above to see how Cruise fared against Fallon’s one-two nostalgia punch of “Undercover of the Night” and “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling.”

1. BetsyBoo says:

While I am no longer a fan of Tom Cruise, this was hysterical. He *will do anything to promote a movie. But he didn’t half-ass it. He went all in and i laughed out loud. The camera back and forth during Dashboards was really funny.

Also, if I was the girl they sang to at the end, I would have wet my pants.

• Kelly says:

All actors will do anything to promote a movie. It’s just part of their job. Tom maybe batsh!t crazy in his personal life, but I kinda love him as an actor!

• Lyn says:

Yep. Say what you like about his personal life, Tom is one of the last true “Movie Stars” on the planet.

• Kim R says:

That is exactly what I thought! I know he’s a special kind of crazy but if I was that girl at the end I would have made a fool of myself. :D And I liked how he was all in for the lip sync.

2. SnazzyO says:

That was kinda epic!

3. David4 says:

Tom Cruise lip syncing part of Paradise by the Dashboard Light is one of the best things I have ever seen.

4. Belle says:

Kudos Mr. Cruise, this was the most fun I’ve had watching you in years :) You’re never afraid to give it your all!! Thanks for this hilarious battle with Jimmy, it was perfection at it’s best…this is the Tom we all love <3

5. Sarah T says:

I’ll probably always be a Tom Cruise fan and Paradise by the Dashboard Light was kind of epic. Loved “You’ve lost that lovin’ Feelin'” at the end too.

6. Mallory says:

too funny! Cruise is pretty much shameless but that’s what makes him…him! lol

7. kirads09 says:

I don’t care what anyone else thinks. Tom Cruise still has that undeniable “it” factor going for him. Did Fallon forget his famous “Risky Business” lip sync scene (although it was likely other things that made that famous if you know what I mean.)

8. Julia says:

Can we keep this Tom Cruise around for awhile? So fun and cool.

9. CK says:

This is why no matter how cuckoo Tom Cruise gets, I still love him. He commits to his projects and promotions completely, is blessed with that insanely adorable grin and ridiculous amount of charm. He is a born entertainer.

10. LT says:

I’m loving these comments cause I agree! I do not care about some of Tom’s personal aspects, but there is no denying he is magnetic on screen and a true true movie star! I can’t wait for the new Mission Impossible. If it’s as good as Ghost Protocol, he will be in good shape!

11. shar says:

This is why I love Tom Cruise.

12. Georgia Madman says:

He was great in Rock of Ages.

13. Kuyjac says:

Just what I needed after the day I had. Tom was fantastic but gotta give it to Jimmy for his Rolling. Stones effort. Just outstanding. Also is it just me or did Tome have a Michael J Fox look about him? Must be the hair. Definitely the hair.

14. MAS says:

His personal life has marred my ability to watch him to do anything. This made me forget that. maybe I can enjoy the new MI.

15. Jenks says:

I agree — this was an epic lip synch battle. I especially loved how at the end of “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling”, Tom was the first to turn back to the lucky girl they serenaded and shake her hand. Very classy.

16. Delirious says:

No matter what… The best Tonight Show Lip Sync Battle ever was vs Emma Stone. And y’all know it. #dropmic

• BetsyBoo says:

I am the lone holdout for Stephen Merchant, Joseph Gordon Levitt and Jimmy. When SM does the Single Ladies I cry laughing every time. and Superbass??? epic.

17. keenen says:

I love Tom Cruise, supposed crazy and all. At least he tried to lip sync the actual words to the song….that’s why Lip Sync Battle is hit or miss …the show. Supposedly they have all this time to prepare, and half of them come out and don’t even try to follow the words, etc.

Tom was AWESOME and I love “I can’t face” Tom stays current!

18. Kimberly says:

Loved the segment, but when did Tom Cruise get Dinald Trump hair?