The View Sherri Shepherd Returns

Sherri Shepherd Books View Return

The Views game of musical chairs continues, with a familiar face rejoining the chatfest.

Former co-host Sherri Shepherd will return to the struggling daytime talker — but as a contributor, our sister site Deadline reports.

Shepherd — who was part of the show for seven seasons — will appear in about 50 episodes.

Season 19 of The View will feature series staple Whoopi Goldberg, newly promoted permanent co-hosts actress Raven-Symoné and comedienne Michelle Collins, as well as new recruits Candace Cameron Bure (aka Full House’s DJ Tanner) and GMA Weekend co-anchor Paula Faris.

• Lyn says:

Having seen her as a contestant on celebrity editions of game shows, I can see that she’s perfect for The View. Both are stupid.

1. Guy says:

I would like to formally announce that I, too, will be joining The View as co-host, and then promptly leave two months later. Thank you.

• David4 says:

I’ll one up you. I will be formally announced as host tomorrow, but I will quit in a month when I decide to run for president under the republican label.

2. SUSO says:

Producers, the band aid you are using is infected with AIDS and ebola!

• Hipper says:

WT actual F?

• SUSO says:

It wasn’t the best metaphor. I was trying to illustrate the the band aids the producers keep using to fix the show are going to make things worse — not better. But it’s late and I’m tired and it came out weird.

• SUSO says:

But seriously, nothing they are doing is making sense. Whoopi is becoming insufferable and obviously doesn’t want to be there (I loathe how she continues to defend both Cosby and Roman Polanski). Raven is funny but fails to add much aside from a well-timed punchline or two. The biggest loss was Nicole Wallace, who was well spoken, delightful and refused to become part of the celebrity machine, which was so refreshing (the best moment of the past three months was when Raven was saying she hates to sign autographs because they make her hands hurt and Nicole called her out with “Wait, you’re THAT famous!?”). Replacing her with Cameron Whateverherlastnameis, who barely speaks at the table unless she is prompted, is ludicrous to me.

And now bringing back Sherri Shepherd, who has to be consistently coddled by the other co-hosts and, to put it bluntly, isn’t the brightest bulb in the building. Bring back almost ANYone but her. Seriously. Even Hassleback could hold her own in conversation better.

• big cheddar says:

Agreed. Getting rid of Nicole is the 2nd dumbest move they’ve ever made (the first being selecting Jenny McCarthy over Ally Wentworth)

• :) says:

Raven was the face of the Disney Channel for a few years and is a very recognizable child star. Yes she’s that famous.

• cccloc says:

They’re looking over their shoulders at the Talk and Wendy Williams gaining ground and passing them.
        I turned on the View the other day and had to (suffer) sit through 20 commercials. There is very little “content” left to the show. The commercials have taken over.

3. George says:

How much longer before we get all the way back to Debi Metanopolis?

4. et al. says:

People do like the way she says ‘ham’.

5. AngelWasHere says:

Gotta pay that child support I guess.

6. As someone that’s agnostic, I find her constant praise towards “god” very hypocritical. Her abandoning her baby via surrogacy because her marriage sucked, isn’t a very Christian thing to do. Tsk,tsk. But I’m sure if she prays hard enough, she’ll be forgiven.

7. LizBeth says:

With the dumbing down of “The View,” it totally makes sense to bring back Sherri Shepherd.

8. vicki says:

She is the reason I stopped watching The View in the first place. She makes me gag.

9. rudyreg123 says:

Why is it they will not let the View go? It has been going down hill since Joy B. left. It’s like telling the people on the Titanic not to abandon ship because it’s not sinking. If Sherri S. is coming back I hope she leave her self centered attitude home. If she mention Jeffery one more time I’m going to send her a bill to replace my television. Raven S. has been self centered and conceited since 3 years old when she was on Hanging with Mr. Cooper. It wasn’t cute then and differently isn’t attractive now.

10. jjk says:

Right now I DVR it and look to see who the guests are and then usually delete it since no one interesting is usually on. Now I think I will save the time and DVR space and quit recording it. Bye Bye…. you are done as a show

11. That seals it. I won’t be back.

12. Julia says:

Ughh I’d rather have Nicole Wallace host the show solo than have Sherri come back. (And I’m a democrat.)

13. Dmac says:

Umm why?

14. Michelle C says:

You’re taking off Nicolle Wallace because she’s too conservative and replacing her with Candace Cameron Bure? I like them both but WOW, I think you’re going the opposite way!

15. Why would The View fire Nicole Wallace??? She is delightful, intelligent, funny, well versed, well spoken, attractive!! If the View is looking to dumb down the show by firing Nicole and Rosie Perez, then way to go!! Seriously, I’ve been watching every show since day one and this is the top of the pile in bone-head decisions!!!!

16. baro says:

I have been tolerating the show. Now with the changes, I can honestly say that I will never watch it again!

17. Annette says:

Sherrie’s coming back, Michelle is joining, Nicole W., leaving & some other people joining? Can’t remember their names, so that’s how important it is to me! Time to wrap it up, “View”. I think I’ll try out “The Talk” or even watch “Arthur” on PBS. Catch up on news with Wendy Williams Show. Goodbye “The View”. Had a decent run, now “go home”!

18. Peggy says:

Lost interest in watching the View when Elizabeth and Joy left, they both had sparkle and that’s gone now. Check to see who is on occasionally, not missing much.

19. Gail says:

Another GREAT reason not to watch the VIEW. I have zero respect for her ever since her custody battle. My heart breaks for this poor boy who will grow up knowing he was rejected by his Infamous mom. Also, Jenny McCarthy left the VIEW and refused to return because of Sherry. WTF?