Messengers Cancelled CW

Ratings: The CW's Messengers Flat With Series Finale

The CW’s The Messengers wrapped its one-and-done run on Friday night with 950,000 total viewers and a 0.2 demo rating, adding a few eyeballs while flat in the demo.

Of note, the supernatural drama only rose above a 0.2 rating twice during its 13 episodes, hitting a 0.3.

Opening The CW’s night, Masters of Illusion (1.5 mil/0.3) was flat in the demo.

NBC’s Dateline (4.8 mil/0.9) edged out CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 rerun (4.7 mil/0.5) to deliver Friday’s largest audience, while ABC’s What Would You Do? (4 mil/1.0) led the night in the demo, as the only show to hit 1.0.

1. spindae2 says:

CW wasted a lot of potential with The Messengers. It had its storytelling errors but it didn’t deserve the Friday burn off.
    I wish the cast all the best and new interesting roles in the future. Can’t wait to see Shantel in The Flash for that matter.

2. BG says:

I liked The Messengers. Have to admit the show was like one episode of Supernatural, but the characters became interesting.

3. Leah says:

I really enjoyed the the show, wouldn’t it be great to know there are people out there working for god protecting mankind. I’m just glad you did kind of wrap it up for us and didn’t leave us hanging, even though I think it could of went on. Good luck to all the actors. Truely Enjoyed!

4. Christine says:

We will really miss this show!

• melissa says:

I agree why do they always have to take the good shows off and leave those dumb reality shows on. CW should rethink cancelling the show

5. Armando says:

I give this show a 5 star rate it so cool.

6. Kerri Pearce says:

Of course the final episode was flat!
    A bunch of people stopped watching after it was announced it was going to be cancelled.

7. Beeby says:

I really enjoyed The Messengers!! I hope they reconsider these type of shows!

8. Angeloujohnson says:

That was my husband and I’s favorite show I’m so heartbroken it’s cancelled! We first watched it on Hulu but loved it so much we got cable just to see it.😔😔

9. Nanette says:

Well of course ratings were flat when we knew right away this series was one and done. Why put your time in watching it if there will be no more story?

10. Yo says:

The series the messagers was a great show. I was looking forward to season 2. What a bummer to leave the viewers hanging in the wind with no closure on how it would have ended . Im pretty disapointed.