Exclusive
Haven Season 5B Spoilers

Haven First Look: Audrey, Nathan and Duke Face a 'Tsunami of Troubles'

No, we don’t yet have an exact premiere date for the second half of Haven Season 5 — but in the meantime, TVLine offers this exclusive first look at the new batch of episodes, plus a provocative teaser.

When last we tuned into the Syfy drama, smart-mouthed, malevolent Mara (played by Emily Rose) had been dispatched with, but not before an encounter with Duke (Eric Balfour) inside a thinny resulted in Mr. Crocker “exploding.” That in turn released into Haven a whole lotta new Troubles.

When Season 5 resumes this fall, with the episode “New World Order,” “The tsunami of Troubles brought by Duke has Haven-ites locked down for their own safety,” showrunner Matt McGuinness tells TVLine. “Fortunately, Audrey and Nathan (Lucas Bryant) are locked down together, which is nice for them.”

Want more scoop on Haven, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Rosie says:

Wish I could be excited but I’m not. This show should have ended a couple of seasons ago with a bang instead of this whimper.

• Bite your tongue. I saw this last batch of episodes across two or three days and the narrative was fantastically strong. Sure, it’s not the same show it was before, but it’s not supposed to be. Now we’re dealing with more mythology rather than cases of the week.

• Tracy says:

I think OP is right. Show changed and not for the better. The writers have made a mess of the mythology, not even sure there was ever a plan but I think we have witnessed a fair ammount of ridiculous MacGuffins since the third season.

• Andrew says:

I disagree. I hope it goes on for at least another three seasons.

2. I’m incredibly excited! Mostly that Mara is gone, but about the rest as well.

3. omnikey1 says:

OMG ! Audrey and Nathan are locked down together.. I’m going to die .. So happy i will get some Naudrey alone time .. Much needed for these to

4. Brooke says:

Thank you Matt for the new article. Haven fans needed new material for the next season.

5. Mark says:

where’s the video?

6. Mark D. says:

so glad I quit watching haven after that disastrous season4. Looks like another season all about eric balfour’s character. Count me out.

• omnikey1 says:

Stay calm .. LOL ! That was just the spoilers for the first episode ,the rest before that was just a recap of 5 A season final . Most likely more spoilers will come closer to the 5B premiere .

• Troublemaker says:

Glad to hear someone else saying something similar to what I feel. Some complained that there was too much Nathan and Audrey at times, but they took a back seat long ago to the adventures of Duke, with his brother, dad, grandad, multiple girlfriends, mama issues, Mara creepiness, unpunished multiple murders, yada yada yada…ENOUGH! He’s not the only person in town with a life!

• Tracy says:

Duke is the reason I’m not interested in watching this mess. One day they all decided the actor who plays him was a ratings magnet (since when???????)))))) and rewrote the whole thing to make him the center of everything. And then the show was doomed. Nathan and Audrey were the casualty of all the ridiculous MacGuffins.Bye bye Haven.

• AverageJoe says:

Dan Fienberg approves this message!

7. Rachel says:

Yes, some haven news! Although it’s changed thru the years, I love it all the more.

8. Joey Padron says:

glad to finally have some scoop about Haven’s new episodes! thank you for article and photo Matt!

9. Evan says:

The show got weak because it seems today’s TV writers can’t make a show where the main characters don’t become involved!! Everything went down hill when all of a sudden Audrey was Nathan’s one true love, not because they had great chemistry or anything like that but simply because Audrey is the only person Nathan can feel… so he decided she was meant for him!

• omnikey1 says:

No the show got weak because the writers went all Duke crazy .Now the show is most likely going to be canceled do to every bad ratings of season 4 and 5 A.When the show stated Audrey and Nathan are what kept the show going strong with high ratings . Also the show was much better when it was just Audrey and Nathan and Duke was not seen much .. LMAO!

• David says:

I think the actors Lucas Bryant and Emily Rose have great chemistry.

• He can feel her because he went back in time and they had a son together and they are linked – is the way I see it. But what ever – feel what you feel – I totally love this show and is in fact one of the few shows left I watch now a days and never miss an episode. I also love the new show Proof and a long time faVORITE sUPERNATURAL. tHAT’S IT. I don’t watch any other tv now a days because all the shows have became like soap operas. At least I can get into Haven and the other two. Hope it gets a big newal after these last 13 episodes of season 5.

10. eviloverlore says:

I apologize for my singing. My original comment didn’t post. In summary, I love Haven, one mention of Duke doesn’t mean All Duke, shows evolve yay, etc.

11. Lilly77 says:

I loved this show seasons 1-3, but really the last few seasons were so bad they were some of the worst television I’ve seen – and I watch a lot of television. There was just a moment here or there of the old magic that kept me watching and hoping the whole dismal mess would make sense again one day.

I’m hoping for a good season that goes back to the basic relationships and friendships between characters – I mean, how many times can Duke and Nathan argue/distrust each other, Duke and Nathan and Audrey all keep stupid secrets from each other for no reason but ‘plot’, the actual mythology be changed and contradicted (have the writers forgotten the rules of their own world?) and similar things – we’ve had five seasons of that and it’s gotten tedious and old, they should form a solid unit now and fight the outside threats. And someone needs to write a rulebook for the troubles that stops things being contradictory from week to week. And tie up some of the lose ends they’ve left strewn around the place.

Yes, I know it’s just a tv show, but it was once so good and I want the good stuff back!

12. Suzanne says:

I am looking forward to the new episodes. Sure the show has changed but all shows have to evolve. As others have said it has become more mythology driven instead of case of the week.
    I don’t get all the Duke hate. I love Duke. He brings a lot of levity to the show.

• David says:

I think they make some valid points. The character was suddenly everywhere. It was really weird. But if you think the Duke plotlines last season brought levity to the show I’m obviously watching a different one. In any case you will enjoy the last season because it does seem like they will stick to making Duke Haven’s mvp, maybe the actor has a longer contract with syfy I dunno, they certainly love him, wish the rest of us could also enjoy these last episodes but alas, outlook not good.

• I couldn’t agree with you more. They turned Haven into the Duke show and killed off what was working for it.

• BMS says:

Exactly. I liked Vince and Dave swapping bodies much more than all of Duke’s stories. I don’t care to know about Duke’s icky mom. I already learned enough on the Crockers already such as Roy, Fitzwilliam Crocker, his brother, wife, and Simon. Just bring in the Colorado Kid, Lucy Ripley, Mrs. Wuornos, Agent Howard, more on Nathan’s earlier days instead of Duke’s mom’s story. 5B better be a huge improvement.

13. David says:

So they got rid of Mara? good I am a fan of Emily Rose but I did not enjoy Mara. And it’s weird because I do love characters like Mara. I expect this to be the last season, numbers have not been great for a couple of years and it seems like some of the actors have already moved on to other shows. Edge will be on The Flash.

14. want the show to come back soon but @F@U syfy they take way to long to put new seasons out people stop caring and they wonder why rating go down .

15. Ruth says:

Can hardly wait…it’s been too long

16. Heidi says:

Was there an actual “teaser” attached to the article? I’m not seeing a video…were “first look” and “teaser” just referencing the copy in the article w/the showrunner quote?

17. WayneAdneyC says:

Yah!!!! I can’t wait ’til the DVD release. Whoohoo! I Love this show!

18. Jane smith says:

Audrey an Nathan are the only thing that suck about Haven Audrey should have ended up with Duke no comparison.

• Elsa says:

I take it that English is not your first language? It shows. One of the biggest problems of Haven has been the vocal minority of fans on social media that kept pushing for the show to be rewritten into the Duke show. syfy did as you guys asked ignoring everybody else and the result was this show no one wants to watch. As somebody already stated, the ratings sucked last season and if the lack of enthusiasm for the Duke is a trouble bomb storyline is any evidence, the ratings will continue to suck until they are only a pathetic fraction of what they once were. This is very likely Haven’s last season and good riddance, they should have wrapped things up back in season 3 when people still loved Haven, the Nathan and Audrey show with Duke as the funny sidekick.

• Troublemaker says:

There are a few diehards out there who desperately want Duke to become the most pathetic character of all time, constantly pining for a girl who is in love with his friend. (Remember her “ALWAYS” having loved Nathan, Duke? You were there! Kind of hard to miss!) Maybe that’s why Duke hits Nathan as often as he does? Jealousy doesn’t look good on him. He’s slept with a number of women he’s quickly forgotten, so maybe some fans think Duke would be fine with Nathan’s leftovers? Duke is sad, but hopefully not THAT sad!

The triangle has dragged on for long enough and the VAST majority of fans are sick to death of it. Leave Audrey and Nathan to their relationship and stop interjecting Duke into everything and every scene! What we need are answers and sci fi and not a corny teenage triangle anymore! Also, if one more Crocker rears his/her ugly head, I may start throwing things!!!

By the way, the writers, Emily Rose and even Lucas Bryant have basically said that Nathan and Audrey are together from here on out, so those few disgruntled fans will just have to accept that. Duke was never a good match for a cop, as most everyone knew from the very beginning.

19. jeanie says:

I have absolutely fallen in love with this show and i am begging for more, i am so happy audry is still here, but where has duke gone, I’ve so fallen in love with his character, keep up the great work guys!!!