Fall TV Preview

Gotham Season 2 Promo Teases a 'New Era' With Riddler, Tigress, Joker

A new promo for Gotham Season 2 ominously promises a “new era” for the titular metropolis — one rife with villains both familiar and new.

In the 30-second teaser, which is set to a haunting cover of “Hungry Like the Wolf,” you glimpse new faces such as Tabitha Galavan aka Tigress (played by Gracepoint‘s Jessica Lucas) and her big brother Theo (True Blood‘s James Frain), as well as familiar fiends Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor), Edward “On the Road to Riddler” Nygma (Cory Michael Smith), Victor Zsasz (Anthony Carrigan) and Jerome aka a would-be Joker (Shameless‘ Cameron Monaghan).

Add in Emmy winner Michael Chiklis (The Shield) as the new GCPD captain, and you have the makings of a richly cast, promising sophomore run.

Will you be tuning in for Gotham Season 2 (premiering Sept. 21)?

VIDEO: Gotham Cast, EP: Season 2 Is
‘What the Show Should Have Been All Along’

1. Allen says:

Hoping this means they acknowledge the mistakes of season one and really are changing them.

2. Alex BaldTwins says:

Hey Matt, seeing as the series has added a bunch of regulars for the new season (Chalk, D’Agosto, Baccarin, Frain, and Chiklis) will any characters not be coming back in a regular capacity or at all? I’m look at you Sarah Essen, Renee Montoya, and Crispus Allen….

• Jimmy says:

Seeing as Chiklis is the new GCPD captain, I wouldn’t be surprised if Essen is out. And I believe that Montoya and Allen are returning on recurring status, or will be dropped altogether.

3. Maryann says:

I am looking forward to Gotham’s return, but I expect I am alone in preferring mobsters to super villains.

• Jimmy says:

I enjoyed the Falcone/Maroni rivalry of season 1, and I loved Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish, but the Batman origin story isn’t about mobsters, it’s about what makes Gotham the city it is when Bruce Wayne becomes Batman. And villains are an integral part of that, one that the show can’t overlook. I’m really looking forward to seeing what they have planned for all the villains, especially Joker.

4. Nerogrid says:

Remind me… How old will be Bruce by the time he becomes the Dark Knight? And villains like Zsasz, Riddler or Penguin will be… what? 60? Batman’s Retirement Home for Rogue Villains sounds good, everyone?

• James says:

Bruce is around 27-33 when he eventually becomes Batman, I believe he is 10-13 in Gotham.

They explain it away by stating that The Penguin, The Riddler etc are probably around 20-24 (while I imagine Zsasz is probably older – 27-30 maybe)
      Even going on that logic and Bruce has 23 years until he becomes ‘Batman’, The Riddler & The Penguin will be in their 40’s (which is probably quite accurate)

People also seem to forget that as with everything DC and Marvel, each adaptation is just another Alternate Universe where anything can happen.

5. Joey Padron says:

preview for new season looks good. excited to see season 2 in September!

6. Gerald says:

I would like to have seen some Bruce Alfred and Cat in this preview. But it looks good.

7. lame says:

Gotham was interesting in the characters it’s introduced and disappointing that it failed to stick with the coming of age of Bruce Wayne .