Descendants: Watch First 6 Minutes of Disney Channel's Kid-Villain Musical

Disney Channel is giving eager fans early access to the “wicked world” of its newest original movie Descendants (July 31, 8/7c).

The network on Thursday released the first six minutes of the movie (above), which follows the offspring of four iconic Disney villains — Maleficent, Jafar, Cruella de Vil and the Evil Queen — as they attempt to forge a new life among heroes, all the while contemplating their own place in the world.

Along with an introduction to the story’s heroes and villains — though it’s up to you to decide which is which — this sneak peek clip also features the movie’s first song, “Rotten to the Core.”

Dove Cameron (Liv & Maddie) plays Mal, the daughter of Maleficent (GBC‘s Kristin Chenoweth); Cameron Boyce (Jessie) plays Carlos, the son of Cruella; Booboo Stewart (The Twilight Saga) plays Jay, the son of Jafar; and Sofia Carson (Faking It) plays Evie, the daughter of the Evil Queen (Twisted‘s Kathy Najimy).

Hit PLAY on the video above, then drop a comment below: Will you be watching Descendants next week?

1. TAB says:

I know I’m not in the demographic they are seeking for this…but this looks terrible. I was interested in it, but definitely won’t be watching now.

• DarkDefender says:

I was thinking the same thing. If it was more like a riff on a teen version of OUAT, I probably would have watched it. But I suspect the High School Musical crowd will probably like it.

• MelindaB says:

As someone who watched way too much Disney channel stuff while my daughter was growing up, I might have been vaguely interested enough to catch it here or there, but watching a bunch of misbehaving teens who lip-sync badly doesn’t interest me. Maybe I’ll have my daughter watch and give me the rundown.

2. Aisha says:

…so i somehow managed to gloss over the musical part of the description and now im not as excited. ill probably still watch it eventually though

3. The lip-sync on that song is truly terrible.

4. Sam Shaw says:

Barf. This makes Glee look like Les Miserables.

5. Tiffany says:

I love how The Blue Fairy from Once Upon a Time is playing Bella in this movie.

6. Temperance says:

Wow… didn’t know they were going all HSM with this. It wasn’t promising. The choreography and dancing was great, though. The songs, lip sync, and acting? Eeech.

• Wow ur mean a jerk if I say so myself the choreography was great and the singing it wasn’t lip sync you can tell if you can’t then wow your pretty stupid.
      Oh I’m so verry sorry did I offend you take a look around no-one likes people who are rude I don’t like to be butt I will if I have to.

7. the second should be about their senior year and now the game struggles with being good instead of evil and then and now the relationship is put to the test.Maleficent is back and her fury is worse than ever.
    In the third she captures Ben and takes him back to her evil layer. Will the gang make it in time to save him or will completely destroy Ben and everything within range. Would she destroy her own daughter, the only person she ever came to love.