Fall TV Preview
Da Vinci's Demons Cancelled

Da Vinci's Demons Done After Season 3 — Get the Final Premiere Date

The upcoming season of Da Vinci’s Demons will be its last, Starz has announced.

Season 3 of the utterly fantastical Leonardo da Vinci bio-series — which was ordered way back in May 2014 — will premiere Saturday, Oct. 24, more than 17 months after the sophomore finale aired.

“While ending Leonardo’s journey is bittersweet for me, I’m happy we’re ending the story on a high note,” series creator David S. Goyer said in a statement to EW.com, which was first to report on the show’s end date. “I hope everyone enjoys these final episodes as much as we enjoyed making them.”

1. David says:

Any reason on the long delay between seasons? Sad to see it end but at least we know now.

2. steven says:

Will ANYTHING on Starz last beyond 3 seasons?

• Luc says:

Well, could be worst… could be on FOX. :D
      (Bye bye Wayward Pines!)

• Dude says:

Wasn’t that show always envisioned as a one season series?

• Luc says:

Was envisioned as a “as many seasons the network want” series. :D
          The idea for a new season would involve an almost (if not completely) new cast.

Nothing new anyway.

• James says:

Wayward Pines is a show with a beginning, middle and end, hence being a limited series.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Yes — which the showrunner reiterated to me once again not five minutes ago.

• SpootyHead says:

C’mon, Matt, we all know “limited series” or “mini-series” stand for nothing anymore. If Wayward Pines had big ratings and wasn’t shelved for more than a year, it’d be coming back. Shyamalan even said there was a possibility a while back.

3. StephenCWLL says:

At least it gets a final season. lots of shows don’t even get this.

4. The sea says:

Goyer had in his head a lot of seasons in a beginning …which will be the true reason? is a pity…

5. Dr. M says:

This sounds vaguely like the third season was finished shooting and then Starz told them it was the last one.
    I’m now terrified this is going to end with a pointless cliffhanger.

• The sea says:

Well maybe that was the true reason of its delay in the Release´s date, maybe they had done a cliffhangers as finale, but when Starz said to them that was the last season, they just ended the finale puting a close ending for conclude in a better way the life of Leonardo Da Vinci.
      Is awesome, i had such illusions in see how Leonardo would travel to a lot of places…like he made in season 2…

6. Farhana Rawji says:

Im disappointed that the series is ending after Season 3 but also hopeful that Leonardo Da Vinci will get the send off he deserves.

7. Angel says:

Are you kidding me? Y’all are really going to end DaVinci’s demons after season 3! I am so pissed right now! I have gotten 9 people to subscribe to Starz after turning them on to this series. First you make us wait 17 months for the new season and then tell me it’s cancelled? Well, I will be cancelling Starz!!! Why would you cancel this series? This show is phenomenal. It is one of the most intelligent, well written, well acted, shows on television! I noticed that there is no explanation as to why it is being canceled, only that it is being cancelled. I really would like an explanation. It is the only reason I PAY for Starz In the first place! I think I will start a boycott on Facebook once season 3 has aired! Signing off now, one very pissed former Starz fan!

• He Scitt says:

I agree completely. It is forme the best show ive ever seen what ashame that the fools that make up Hollywood business screw up what could have been a long lasting phenomenal run of a show. I hope somebody picks up on the story as a movie or maybe another studio recreates it but it would be hard to best the starts on there now the show probably would t have worked so well without exactly the cast they have. So sad. I’ve waited so long for the season though I can’t wait to see it.

8. Nii Armah Phil says:

What??? After Subscribing And Paying For Starz! You Made Us Wait For 17months And Now You Are Cancelling It? What The F**k!!! No Da Vinci’s Demons… No Starz!!

9. Rosie says:

Wow I can’t believe they canceled this show its like Spartacus good Its ratings isn’t it,You know starz needs to make the network available to be included in consumers cable or satellites packages i bet the ratings will go through the roof. just a suggestion

10. MrExcellent says:

The good ones never last but maybe that’s for the best, keeps em good. Welcome to the club! Firefly awaits your arrival.

11. Nando says:

This is by far the best show on tv. It grasp the mind of any intellectual person looking for something worth to watch especially with what’s on tv now and days. I thought I got lucky and got all the episodes at once and after waiting what seemed to be forever I kept my U-verse 450 just to ensure I could catch this show. It had so much more to go ad that they could do with it! Sad to see it go but can say it is the best show starz has and had. Amazing work

12. Evy Franklin says:

How could they end such a show?? The actors…the storyline ..everything done with perfection. Could have went on for 3 or more seasons! So disappointed!!

13. uijo says:

Why????? A wonderful serie going down the drain.

14. Carole says:

I don’t understand why they are ending the series. Yes, characters have died, but there are many more directions that could allow for the series to continue. It’s definitely been one of my favorites.

15. Rhond says:

I agree about being very disappointed, but thanks for the entertainment keep it coming. :-) there must be something to its equal coming around the corner. It is hard watching something end that was so well done to take us out of our everyday lives and also being inspirational.

16. Nulldood says:

In their announcement, Starz failed to mention one of the most looming reasons Da Vinci’s Demons was cancelled. They dropped the ball HARD on waiting so long to announce season 3, which happened 7-8 months later than it should have. Fans got more and more angry, many openly said “Screw you Starz, we’re moving on”, and Starz execs finally realized that they lost a large portion of the show’s viewer base because of their ineptitude.

17. Eric says:

Really a shame, I do not watch much TV at all but absolutely loved this series. Couldn’t wait for each week to arrive.

18. doc butch says:

big mistake starz…big mistake.

19. of course they canceled it! it was to good, everyone loved it so cant have that … cancel it !!! that’ll fix us for liking it ..

20. Leo Be says:

We were looking forward 2 C season 4 . What a show you cannot get enough of it would you please reconsider doing 4 5 6 and 7 and more. Then star channel would be channel all talk about.

21. Jason G says:

Well I guessed this was going to happen before I read this sense they put the hole 3rd season out after 2 episodes. It was great and I hope he dose another show. This was well written and keep you thinking. Thank you for doing something that was thought out and preformed well.

22. Phillip says:

Too bad. Loved the show. Any chance of another show, with some of the same characters…. A spin off of sorts?

23. JIMI L says:

It’s doesn’t seem right to end such an entertaining drama like Da’Vinci’s Demons. Just like Deadwood came and went, we want more. Who ever makes the decisions to pull plugs on well orchestrated TV programs can go unplug themselves.

24. Npkden says:

Oh wow!An incredible show with mixed fantasy/action/adventure,where can this possibly go wrong?Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd its gone,just like all the other good series.

25. Stu Adams says:

Sorry to hear this show is going away. …

26. Ace Madera says:

I understand you have to stop before you have to start going along with history. Not like there isn’t still decades. Well considering there is nothing to replace it, as if black sails can compete, I’ve read the outlander series, looks like I reduce my cable bill. Canceling Starz in the morning.

27. Ace Madera says:

I am sure this will me into draw crossfire but we keep something like Ash and lose Leo? Someone’s parents must be siblings.

28. Mr. Fisher says:

Do not cancel this show. It is well written and acted there are way too many shows that should be canceled instead of this one.