Obama Daily Show Video

President Obama Calls Jon Stewart a 'Gift to the Country' on Daily Show

I don’t mean to alarm anyone, but Jon Stewart‘s final night as host of The Daily Show is less than three weeks away. The crisis is so real, in fact, that President Obama paid the Comedy Central vet a visit Tuesday to express his condolences.

“I can’t believe that you’re leaving before me!” Obama told Stewart, eventually concluding by saying, “You’ve been a great gift to the country.”

Sure, Obama had a few other talking points during his final visit to the show — gun violence, foreign relations, young Americans, the media, Donald Trump, etc. — but I think we can all agree it’s comforting to know that Stewart’s Daily Show will be missed as much by the leader of the free world as it will be by the rest of us.

(Now, if you’ll excuse me, these “Stewart/Colbert 2016” signs aren’t going to hang themselves.)

Hit PLAY on all three parts of Obama’s Daily Show interview below, then drop a comment with your thoughts: How are you coping with Stewart’s exit?

The Daily Show
Get More: Daily Show Full Episodes,The Daily Show on Facebook,Daily Show Video Archive

The Daily Show

The Daily Show

1. Bob Backus says:

Gift to the country? I can’t wait to take it back to the store, but then again I don’t think I’d be able to buy anything else with the exchange, not much you can get for a penny.

• LT says:

Oh Bob…I’ll try and keep up with your “wit”. How is this one? Don’t look a “gift” horse in the mouth! or how about? A penny saved, is a penny earned! Need more?

2. Whatevah says:

I love Jon Stewart and am going to really miss him.

3. Liz says:

Jon Stewart is a brilliant man, you’re darn right he will be missed!! With his humour & his intelligence, he could show all the nonsense happening in some media or in politics.
    We’ll miss you Jon!

4. JB says:

A “gift” if you like partisan attacks. Has he ever said anything critical of this administration?

• Becky says:

Yes, many times. You obviously don’t watch or you would know that.

• Angela says:

This.
        And even if he didn’t criticize this administration as much, if not at all…oh, no, he might be partisan?! Great, he’d fit right in with virtually every other media outlet out there nowadays on either side of the aisle, then. Not like that’s anything new, people.
        Plus, he’s a comedian. If comedians are partisan, no biggie. Professional media outlets filled with people who are supposed to be legit news reporters, on the other hand, really can’t afford to be picking sides.
        Anywho, I loved Obama’s “order” that Jon Stewart stay on the air last night :D. Ah, if only. I can’t believe we only have three weeks left with him! The 2016 elections just won’t be the same, or as bearable, without him (or Colbert) there to comment and mock.