Fall TV Preview

Fall TV Death-Watch: 18 Characters We Fear Won't Survive Past 2015

The fall TV season is practically upon us — hey, at least we’re not pushing holiday-season sales yet — and while that’s good news for your workaholic DVR, it’ll probably spell the demise of at least a few beloved TV characters.

After all, even if your favorite series hasn’t booked The Grim Reaper for a season-premiere guest spot, November sweeps (and its high body count) is right on the horizon, followed closely by the winter-finale killing fields.

With that in mind, Team TVLine cooked up a list of characters from series including The Walking Dead (R.I.P. Glenn?!), Empire, Nashville, The Blacklist and more who could use a Whoopi-in-Ghost-esque, “You in danger, girl!” warning.

Check out our gallery below for the full lineup — or click here for direct access — then hit the comments and tell us if any of our picks will be causing you insomnia over the next few months!

1. xomareen says:

It’s the year 2018, Glenn form The Walking Dead is still on ever death prediction list. Since 2013. Will it ever stop?

• Watson says:

If you read the comics it’s very possible he will indeed die this season.

• Dylan says:

Glenn is one of the best characters cause you don’t know what is going to happen with him. Since season 1 he saved ricks life and he is my favorite character, but Maggie could die and you could just say that she saved Glenn’s life.

2. Spence says:

I’ve never been too worried about Glenn, for a two reasons:
    -Writers, fans, actors have been teasing it/expecting it for a while now, and the writer’s tend to pull a surprise twist rather than stick with what everyone is expecting
    -He already died in the comics, and the writers like to occassionally swap storylines and deaths from the comics
    I think, because of the second reason, that Maggie is more in danger. She’s just as naive and forgiving as Glenn, and she’s still not pregnant like she was in the comics, which would be the one thing making her invincible in the TV world. I think they’ll continue to build up the idea of Glenn dying and then do a surprise twist and kill Maggie instead. This would also allow Glenn to finally go on a depraved killing spree similar to Rick’s, and could give Gabriel, Deana, and Sasha some interesting character growth.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’ve been thinking about this for awhile myself. Since Glenn is what everybody is expecting something completely different will happen.

• mars says:

I also think maggie may get it to…and i like her charoctor…i hope we are wrong

• joel f says:

NO!!!!! Not Maggie!!!!!

• Sam says:

The character of Glenn has had me hooked since the famous line “Hey, Dumbass. Yeah you in the tank! Cozy in there?”

I was devastated when the moral bada** known as Tyreese died and yeah I know he lasted longer than his comic counterpart but it still hurt. I know Glenn also has been marked for death because of the comic but I’m hoping there will be some swerve because honestly he’s the last original character I care for that’s left.

If Glenn dies, I’ll probably stop watching. I guess I also like Morgan but I have no hope the character stays beyond this season. The rest either annoy me or I just haven’t warmed up to their characters.

• Sydney says:

You copied that from the internet. I saw that one. And plus I my sister said she would never watch the walking dead again if he died. Glenn is my sisters bae. Daryl is my bae!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Klaus says:

Just watched S06E03, and I’m so happy to say you’re wrong. Well, not that happy. I hated Glenn but Maggie is annoying as hell too. Hopefully, she’ll die soon. Fingers crossed!

3. Matt C. says:

I have a bad feeling one of the longtime cast members of TWD is going to get killed off this season. They haven’t killed a member of the original group since season 3. I think killing off Rick, Carl, Daryl, Carol or Glenn would make a huge emotional impact on the characters and the show itself.

• mars says:

Your a lil to far off base bud,, ricks gonna be around for years..he is the story and what its all about…

4. RedReddington says:

I’m sorry, but besides Reddington, Liz is the safest character on The Blacklist. Ressler or Tom are much more likely to die. Killing Liz is like killing off Beckett from Castle or Booth from Bones.. Not gonna happen.

• Lisa says:

I would not put it past Castle to kill off Beckett this season. Just a hunch.

• davido says:

I hope Tom dies, what a useless character now, and the writers are just stringing him along with no storyline of his own. Never mind that he’s the creepiest troll who should’ve died in season 1.

• sanchopanza says:

My sentiments exactly. It’s such a letdown when they pull him out of the hat to come to Liz’s rescue and stir up the ol’ is-he-a-bad-guy-or-not? dilemma. Every time she caves to him I want to smack her with a tire iron.

5. AddieM says:

The Blacklist – The show has focused so much on Red, Elizabeth and Tom Keen..killing off one of them would be seriously crippling the show.
    Scandal – I fear more for Fitz’s demise…after McDreamy’s death on GA I have a bad feeling about Fitz. Shonda is not afraid to rustle feathers that’s for sure.
    HTGAWM – No not Frank..he’s one of the more interesting & tolerable characters on the show. I’m praying he doesn’t become like Huck though….killing people just because.
    Reign – I’m hoping they don’t drag out Francis’ death, they should do it, first half of the season.
    Empire – There’s no Empire without Lucious for me…I love him and all his devilish ways.

6. mooshki says:

And that’s why I stopped watching Walking Dead. Knowing that literally anyone could die at any time makes me not want to care about any of them.

• Spence says:

That’s why the Walking Dead is such great TV, though- you watch it with the mindset of “I’m not going to care about any of the characters” and then blam, you end up rooting for them and loving them! In the span of two episodes, I became a huge supporter of Rosita, Abraham, and even Noah- even though I knew nobody was safe!

• mooshki, that is the wrong attitude/perspective to have. You watch “The Walking Dead,” because you know that life is fleeting. Characters can be very well liked, or not, and you miss them, or, not when they die. This series is deliberate in this way.

7. mooshki says:

Lucious Lyon is probably safe. After all, he has all those baby wipes to protect him from germs.

8. Danielle says:

Well TvLine, I do have to give you guys kudos for not falling back on the old “and she’s so annoying!!!!” for April. That type of hate for her is so 2010. That being said, I’m not too worried about her- I could see her having a good old near death experience though!

9. Mr. Tran K says:

I’ll be disappointed if Peter Quinn from Homeland won’t survive but I really hope that Dar Adal should be the one to bite the dust.

10. Ron says:

I’m not sure I see The Blacklist or Empire working without Liz and Lucious, respectively. I feel like it would just seem like completely different shows without them. Frank is one of the characters I actually like in HTGAWM, so I really hope they don’t kill him off. As much as I like Glenn, I’ve been prepping for his death for at least two seasons now. So if they kill Glenn, I think I’m gonna be okay. They just can’t kill Rick, Michonne, Daryl, and Carol. Oh, and my tolerance of Adam Levine died about five seasons ago.

11. The Beach says:

Leave Glenn alone but please be my guest and kill off Papa Pope.

12. Carol says:

Hopefully the new woman on castle whatever her name is will be the one to get killed off if not her maybe they will knock off castle and rename the show Beckett seeing Beckett is the reason I watch not Castle , that would really change things up.

13. Angela says:

Oooh, I really hope they won’t kill Irving off on “Sleepy Hollow”. I’d like him to be alive in case he decides to ever come back as a guest or something.
    Course, considering it IS a supernatural show, even his death wouldn’t necessarily preclude him from returning someday, so… Still, though, I don’t want his departure to be via death. I’d like to think he just goes off with his family to a happier, calmer life.
    As for Frank on “How to Get Away with Murder”…could see that. I like him as a villainous sort, so I wouldn’t mind them keeping him around for that purpose, but if he were killed off, it wouldn’t bother me, either.
    As for the other shows I watch, so long as everyone else stays alive next season, I’ll be happy :).

14. mars says:

First off, some of you say ricks gonna die..the whole show is based on rick grimes and his leadership…now some of you want and hope glenn and daryl stay…we got no ideal..but let me tell you i feel maggie gets it and tjrows us way off gaurd..i really believe thats her in the photo of walkers eating her..the v neck cut shirt and all, and other picks i seen of her running and what she was wearing.i dont want it to be maggie, she is only attractive girl to keep some guys watching..lets face it, hot girls draws ratings, sex sales..adding a few hotties from time to time and allowing daryl and rick to score would destress these guys some..the girls like daryl, rick, glenn..we get maggie, thats it…after that we get stuck with carol and freaking michonne….come on.give us some eye candy please..some hooter waitress hot type girls…smoking hot bodys…now back to show..haha…i hear abrahams on the die list soon..he gets biten by walker who use to be a soldier and is hanging off side of a bridge, and has a weapon on his back abraham reaches for and that goes bad..i was up on negan showing up, but now i feel they hold that off another season or two at least.i do feel it will start with a confrontation with the wolves..the wolves get into alexandria and do some brutal fast attacks but group takes them out in a few episodes..

15. Stephen S. says:

If Quinn dies, I’d be seriously pissed. Also, no way in hell would The Blacklist ever kill off it’s leading lady. Just not going to happen. I mean, I suppose James Spader is THE star of the show, But Elizabeth is in many ways the real lead.

• davido says:

Agreed that Liz is a lead, but what a poorly developed character…unlikeable, emotional, bi-polar, weak, and just flat out uninteresting. It may also be the actress, she’s so dull and bland, there is not an ounce of mystery or charisma about her. Undoubtedly, THE weakest link in otherwise a passably entertaining show.

16. Amerdale says:

Hunter on AoS? Wouldn’t Ward be a much more obvious choice?

• Anne says:

If they follow a “typical” Whedon story arc, Ward will probably be redeemed first before he’s killed off, if ever.

17. kirads09 says:

After last week’s Defiance, I am very worried for one Datak Tarr. But I shouldn’t be – um – right? RIGHT?! I mean I can’t imagine but…

18. God says:

They are not going to kill off Glenn from The Walking dead, instead they will kill off the baby and sell the body parts.

19. mars says:

Glenn, maggie, abraham, father gabriel, sasha all are on the cutting block…watchout

20. Anne says:

I’m probably in the minority of SHIELD fans who never warmed up to Hunter, so his death won’t really bother me. I’m still bitter about Agent Triplett. He had good chemistry with the core team, and it would’ve been awesome to see more development and backstory, especially since he was a descendant of a Howling Commando.

21. Cheyenne says:

Oh dear God, get Rowan off Scandal. I’m sick and tired of his interminable rants. He adds nothing to the show. I want him gone. He should have been gone at the end of the third season. Get him OUT.

22. Cas says:

Love Glenn. Would make me so sad! Also love Maggie. And love Frank on Murder!

23. Doug Trayner says:

There are certain characters, if killed, that would be a game changer in the popularity of the The Walking Dead. Rick, Darell, Maggie, Michonne, Carroll, Glenn, and Carl, these are the core cast. They should have a job for as long as they want it.

24. Sydney says:

I wouldn’t care if Maggie dies to be honest. I would care if Glenn, Daryl, Michonne, Rick, or Carl died. My sister LOVES Glenn and says if he dies she won’t watch The Walking Dead anymore. I wouldn’t watch it if Daryl dies! He is my bae 4 life!!! ❤️ Please don’t kill them! I beg of you!

25. Sydney says:

Ok, let’s get honest here, I won’t care if Maggie dies. I don’t like her that much and don’t care much. Sorry Maggie fans! I won’t be happy if Glenn, Daryl, Rick, Carl, or Michonne died. In fact I would be SO UPSET, I won’t watch The Walking Dead! My sister said she won’t watch it if Glenn died. I won’t watch it if DARYL died! He’s my Bae 4 life! Please don’t kill either one of them! ❤️❤️❤️ I beg you!!

26. Watson says:

I am predicting who will die: first off Abraham.. I can see it happening mid season finale maybe.. I also see Glenn dieing maybe at the end of the season when negan comes around.. I don’t know if they would kill off Morgan because he just got back on the show.. I would really like it if they started making it more like the comics now because they are amazing. Maggie definitely won’t die.. she is so important.. and an amazing character. Michonne won’t Rick won’t Carl won’t Eugene won’t.
    . But you never know what they will do.. heck Andrea is still alive in the comics and dead in the show.. I would like to see negan and Jesus this season definitely.