The Brink Cancelled

HBO's The Brink Renewed for Season 2

The Brink is no longer on the… well, you know.

HBO has renewed its dark freshman comedy for a second season, according to our sister site Deadline.

TVLine’s hand-crafted Cable/Streaming Renewal Scorecard has thusly been updated.

The Brink — which premiered June 21 — focuses on a geopolitical crisis and its effect on three disparate and desperate men: Secretary of State Walter Hollander (played by Tim Robbins),  State Department bureaucrat Alex Talbot (Jack Black) and pilot Zeke Tilson (Pablo Schreiber).

The series airs Sundays at 10:30 pm, following fellow freshman Ballers, which was also recently renewed for a second go-round.

Are you celebrating The Brink‘s renewal? Hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. The Beach says:

Great news. This is a really funny show and gives me some much-appreciated political comedy after Veep’s season ended. Tim Robbins is great and Schreiber and co-pilot Eric Ladin crack me up every episode.

2. Fernanda says:

HBO really pissed me off when Looking was cancelled.. congrats to Ballers, The Brink, etc but I am really miss Patrick and his friends and lovers

3. Chester says:

This show is hilarious. Don’t forget the ambassador waiting for Armageddon, the real one, no metaphors here.

4. Jared says:

I forgot Pablo Schreiber was in The Brink. I need to start watching this immediately!

5. Farhan iqbal says:

Finally some good news. As a Pakistani I don’t know what to feel about this but I know one feeling I laugh every time I watch this show. HBO renewed a good show. Shakira Shakira Shakira

6. Heathers says:

Love this show! Ballers not so much. I thought it would be better, but it’s just Entourage on Steroids II.

7. Melissa says:

Love The Brink, so glad its coming back. Funny show, great acting, and gives us all a glimpse of what the White House will be like if Trump gets elected.

8. Dan Anders says:

Best new comedy!!!! We just couldn’t wait to see it each week. Hopefully they will expand it to 13 or more episodes. Brilliant writing and acting, we’re telling everyone. Thanks for intelligent comedy 😊

9. Roberta says:

Absolutely fantastic. Both my husband and I never laughed so much. The writing and acting are amazing. Can’t wait for season two.

10. Joseph Cirella says:

Loved the show glad to hear it’s coming back. Great cast excellent story lines.

11. Alana says:

The Brink is the smartest comidrama in years since Mash! It is an important digestible view of the reality of our geopolitical manoeverings set in a backdrop of comedy, sometimes dark, sometimes simply laugh out loud, and yet it leaves room for the tears and anger. It is perfectly scripted and acted. And since the departure of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, it is nice to have something meaningfully meaty to watch at night. Wish it were an hour, wish it were every night and hope it becomes part of our landscape for years to come. I’ve never written an online comment but The BRINK is PERFECT! Thank you HBO