SYTYCD Turns 10: Check Out Our Photo Album of All Its Past Champs!

If you’ve ever found yourself uttering some variation on the phrase, “Kids grow up too quickly nowadays!” we apologize for the following newsflash: So You Think You Can Dance premiered 10 years ago today, back on July 20, 2005.

Over that decade, executive producer Nigel Lythgoe has made tons of tweaks to the formula — remember when Lauren Sánchez hosted for a season before Cat Deeley took over? — but the one constant has been the joy of watching incredibly talented kids bloom into stars as they tackle a wide range of dance styles.

To get you stoked for tonight’s 10-year anniversary special (8/7c on Fox) — which will feature live performances by some of the series’ favorite former contestants and choreographers, as well stage and street routines and musical productions from the show’s prior editions — we’ve put together a photo album of SYTYCD‘s champs from the past 11 seasons. There are 13 hoofers in all (accounting for the show naming male and female co-champs in Seasons 9 and 10), from Nick to Jeanine to Russell, plus Chehon, Melanie and more!

Check out the gallery below — or click here for direct access — then share your favorite SYTYCD memories down in the comments!

1. Jason Paul says:

Such a great show! It’s fun recognizing the dancers in various productions.

2. Nunaya_Bidness says:

Let’s be real, these clip shows and special appearances are never anything more than Uncle Nigel’s handpicked favorite performers and performances. Personally, I would love to see some really old performances and choreographers, mostly of seasons one and two. It does not matter to to me if they are Emmy winning/nominated performances or not.

• Carla Krae says:

Actually, FOX has had people voting on their fave street and stage performances from over the years.

• Wish I had known that – I would have voted for tWitch & Alex F. Wong’s hip hop number, “Get outta your mind” and Elenore & Jakob’s “Tore my heart” – they’re probably my top two, although I can think of a lot more.

• Maddy says:

Get Outta Your Mind won the online voting competition for best routine. I would expect to see it in tonight’s special.

3. bern says:

Wonder what happened to Sabra Johnson – she was my favorite female winner – She must’ve not wanted the spotlight after that. Joshua Allen was my favorite male winner – because he nailed almost every style of dance he was given – he was only used one year as an all-star, right?

4. Jan says:

One of my favorite SYTYCD memories is the first time they did Bollywood … with Joshua & Kadee.

5. mikkie says:

This is such a great show-even with all the changes. And it really is the kids who make this show. So much fun to meet them each year and watch them on their amazing journeys. Hope this show stays on for years to come.

6. Tenney says:

My all time favorite SYTYCD performance was Mark and Chelsie’s routine to Beautiful. I remember it was a Mia Michael’s piece and she wanted to do it Tim Burtonesque. It was stunning.

7. Nancy Carver says:

It would be fun to know what each of the winners are doing now.

8. kevstar says:

This has always been my favorite dance competition shows. You get people out of their genres and watch them grow, and the respect for street styles, even by the “grumpy old man” makes he like it better than that other show. PLUS, NO Ringers!

9. kevstar says:

I wanted to see some Mary Murphy and less blatant attempts to get us to watch another lame Seacrest produced reality show, one that will fail miserably!

10. Yarazin says:

Very disappointed that the Twich and Katee door/Mercy routine was not done tonight. But it was still a great show.

11. Rafael says:

1.) The reason why Kathryn replaced Heidi to perform the Bench with Travis is because Heidi is over 31.

2.) This should be Mark’s final day to be an all-star, so he can either officially depart from this show or switch being a guest judge.

3.) Current Team Stage dancer Kate almost looks like Cat in turquoise.

4.) Happy 10th Anniversary, SYTYCD!

12. Marian says:

Too much Ryan Seacrest. Not enough dancing. Would have liked to see all the winners on stage. Talk to choreographers. Where was Mary? Such a big part of the show. Last night was a bust.

13. MAS says:

The 200th anniversary show had a lot more dancing. I was thinking there was so much time spent pimping another show which I presume was to finance the production that it was a waste, but then tWitch and Alex ‘Freaking’ Wong performed and I was happy. It was worth it. Mark and Jenna were also fantastic.