Welcome to Sweden Ratings

Ratings: NBC's Sweden Is Welcomed Back With Series Lows, Feud Tops Night

NBC’s Welcome to Sweden opened Season 2 on Sunday night with 1.4 million total viewers and a 0.3 rating, matching its freshman finale demo number and hitting and tying series lows. A second episode did 1.2 mil and a 0.3.

Come 9 pm, an American Ninja Warrior rerun (2.8 mil/0.8) more than doubled the quirky comedy’s numbers.

Elsewhere….

ABC | Family Feud (8.7 mil/2.0) ticked down a tenth but easily led the night in both audience and in the demo. BattleBots (4.5 mil/1.3) rose 10 percent and a tenth, while Boston Trauma debuted to 3.5 mil/0.8.

CBS | Big Brother (5.9 mil/1.8) slipped two tenths week-to-week.

FOX | Golan the Insatiable (1.2 mil/0.5) was steady in its finale.

1. GuessWhat says:

Not sure how SWEDEN even got a renewal. I guess because of Amy Poehler’s pedigree (her brother). It barely made a blip the first go-round.

Summer has some weird renewals. Like EXTANT. Why?!

• Patrick says:

WTS is huge in Sweden. It does well in a few other European markets. It is, essentially, a zero cost asset for NBC. Like, they make money if any measurable number of people watch the show. But the central core of the show’s jokes are about how Americans are idiots, so I’m not sure how popular it will ever be here.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Welcome to Sweden on Sunday nights is a bad idea even though the night is still ruled by cable. It should be placed on Thursday nights now that Hannibal and Aquarius are on the Saturday night dead zone as they like to called it.

3. Erika says:

WTF NBC and WTS will get canceled and new dying-comedies at NBC:The Carmichael Show and Mr. Robinson are next because well,typical NBC:new comedy shows + low ratings = canceled.

4. Jared says:

NBC isnt gonna leave WTS on the air with those ratings right?!?..they could easily put any Dick Wolf series repeats on and get better numbers.

5. Carla Krae says:

NBC didn’t promote WTS’s return much. The rest of their summer schedule got a LOT more coverage. A lot of people probably didn’t know WTS premiered last night.

• keylimepie78 says:

I agree with Carla. I enjoyed the show last summer a lot. Much funnier than I was expecting. I forgot it was on last night but will make a point to watch it and set the DVR.

• Julia says:

I totally agree!! Didn’t see one promo for this show and I’ve been watching more NBC than usual this summer.

• misery chick says:

Also agree-with no promotion, what’s the point of airing it? I really like it; like Parks & Rec it’s an acquired taste, but well worth the time 😁

6. Carl says:

WTS is the best comedy left on NBC…not saying much, admittedly. I didn’t know it was back until my DVR recorded it. Good thing I had a season pass for it.

• Jayemay says:

I believe that at this point it is, literally, the only incumbent comedy on NBC. So, yep, that really isn’t saying much.