Miley Cyrus 2015 MTV VMAs Host

Miley Cyrus to Host 2015 MTV VMAs

This should get tongues wagging: Miley Cyrus has been tapped to host the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards.

Cyrus, who stirred controversy two years ago with her foam-finger-waving, Robin Thicke-grinding VMA performanceannounced the news to her 24 million Instagram followers late Monday (the post was accompanied by the above photo).

The telecast is set to air live on Sunday, August 30 at 9/8c ET/PT.

1. Wow. No way in H E double hockey sticks will I watch this now.

2. Mary says:

Well crikey this makes me feel old. But I am pretty sure I will not watch this trainwreck….but thankfully TVLINE will give me the most delightfully disgusting tidbits by morning….:)

3. Mr. Tran K says:

Miley hosting this year’s MTV VMAs = EPIC FAIL :-(

4. AngelWasHere says:

Eww no. Just no. Why MTV? Haven’t we been tortured enough?

5. Larc says:

Thanks for the warning. Looks like another entry for my Avoid at All Costs list.

6. kirads09 says:

Sadly, it likely will be the highest rated ever just from people tuning in to see this trainwreck.

7. Win says:

I wouldn’t consider myself a Miley Cyrus fan, and haven’t been blown away by the recent VMA broadcasts even when I’ve been a fan of the host. I could certainly stop watching the VMAs, but I haven’t. However, since some of the VMAs with hosts I enjoy fizzled, maybe I can just embrace the broadcast with someone from whom I don’t know what to expect. The girl is a performer, first and foremost, and I’ve been surprised recently by the ways several individuals have unexpectedly shown special, endearing, and [seemingly] genuine sides (those I know in real life as well as those in the public eye). I’ve been watching out of tradition (not as guilty pleasure/trainwreck tv) for years, and if I don’t like this one, maybe I’ll finally drop this tradition.

8. Dennis says:

Am I the only one who thinks things is a great idea? She will rock it!!

9. melody says:

She looked a hot mess as usual the show was not good as usual didn’t wwatch