Adam Lambert Crushes 'We Are the Champions' Parody on Late Late Show

There’s apparently a thin line between a hokey, tongue-in-cheek gag and an unforgettable, face-melting rock performance — and that line is Adam Lambert.

The former Glee actor made a special Late Late Show appearance Thursday as part of James Corden‘s 50th episode extravaganza, where he belted out a Cordon-centric rendition of Queen’s “We Are the Champions” that no one was ready for. Not even Cordon, himself.

“Ok, so @adamlambert managed to make a jokey parody AWESOME!!!!” he tweeted after the episode aired on the west coast.

Lambert’s impressive pipes are hardly breaking news — in addition to touring with Queen, the one-time American Idol finalist just dropped his third studio album — but it’s nice for the rest of the world to be reminded of his talent every once in a while.

Hit PLAY on the video above, then drop a comment below: How melted is your face right now?

1. Kelly says:

Melted my face for sure. What a showman! In the words of Paula Abdul “you will be iconic” and guess what Adam Lambert You are!!!

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Here’s to another 50 (getting towards 100) for The Late Late Show with James Corden. Carpool Karaoke is one of my absolute favorites. Really hope the Nuzzling game comes back.

3. Face? Do I have a face? OMG how is he real? How is the world not flat out at his feet?

4. c-mo says:

Not a fan of Lambert and couldn’t ever imagine how he could replace Freddie Mercury but if the parody was any indicator, he is a worthy sub. I LOVED last night’s tribute to Corden; it was a fitting over-the-top song for an oftentimes over-the-top host/show (that I enjoy in a different way than I did Ferguson).

• Kelly says:

Cummon do yourself a favour and u tube one of their concerts from last years tour especially the European leg you won’t be disappointed.

• c-mo says:

I was boycotting before so now I probably will. I was fortunate enough to get to see Queen on their very last U.S. tour. Freddy didn’t seem sick at all and even 30+ years later, it is still the best concert I’ve ever seen…and I don’t think it will ever lose that spot.

• Steve France says:

You can still love Freddie and that concert 30 years ago can still be your favorite!! Adam doesn’t replace Freddie, he celebrates Freddie and the music of Queen. Adam touring with Queen exposes the amazing music of Queen to new generations . The music lives on. I truly believe Freddie Mercury is certainly no Adam Lambert. Both men bring the music of Queen to life. I trust Brian May and Roger Taylor’s choice of frontman. They would never jeopardize the legacy of Queen. I saw Queen and Adam Lambert last July in concert and was totally blown away !!! I am a Queen fan and a much bigger Adam Lambert fan so I am ecstatic about their pairing .

• Mariana Anca says:

I 100 % agree with Steve France. Adam is a celebration of Queen. As a true fan, you shoud celebrate Adam too. Since, nobody can bring Freddie back to life, the only way to have Queen alive again is through Adam. LET’S CELEBRATE THIS COLLABORATION MADE IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!

Dear c-mo, I am sure you can understand the beauty of this collaboration and the joy it brings to our lifes.

5. Dax says:

Amazing performance by the talented, hilarious Adam Lambert. Y’all missed an unbelievable event if you didn’t catch one of the Queen with Adam shows last summer. Talk about melting your face, wow!!

6. A true icon. @adamlambert will be as big as Elvis.

7. JAO says:

Wow this is great!! Always loved Lambert – he keeps getting better!

8. And this is why Queen chose Adam to front their band for a world-wide sold out arena tour. ‘Cause NOBODY can deliver a song like Adam Lambert!

9. Karen says:

‘I can’t feel my face’ melted!

10. Sylvia Kenley says:

Adam Lambert is brilliant . Seems he’s wasted on America . Wish he was English.

11. CMM says:

Adam is the best vocalist and performer I have ever seen and I’ve seen a lot!!!! He’s just amazing! Saw him on his Glam Nation tour and saw him with Queen in Chicago! Beyond Fabulous!!!!!!

12. IMHO says:

Brilliant !

13. Claycee Oderkirk says:

I don’t think Adam has ever had a “bad” singing performance.

14. TinLV says:

Best voice in pop and rock music today.. he has no equal. I can’t even remember the name of the guy who won Idol that year, but Adam proves every time he sings that he was the real winner. .

15. Bobby says:

James Corden is really incredible at hosting and being funny and to have the amazing Adam Lambert to give support and play with, WOW, that was awesome. Carpool karaoke rocks.

16. Joely says:

Adam melted my face off years ago. Now he just sears the charred remains every time he sings. Having seen him live including twice with Queen-I can say this wonderful performance was casual singing for Adam. Love him forever!

17. MyExBFF says:

truly spectacular voice. wish he could find “that” song to give him the fame his talent deserves.

18. Elayne says:

It was bloody AWESOME!

19. Ethel says:

And he lost American Idol…….why?? I have refused to watch AI since he lost

20. fiberlicious says:

I would watch that boy sing a phone book.