Emmys

Emmy Nominations 2015: The TVLine Staff Picks Our Favorite Nods

Emmy nominations morning conjures up emotions reminiscent of that old Wide World of Sports tagline: the thrill of watching your favorite shows and actors get recognized for their work, the agony of knowing that some real contenders have been left out of this year’s mix.

RELATED Emmy Nominations 2015: Game of ThronesFreak Show Lead Pack

At the moment, we’re choosing to focus on the positive by celebrating the nominations that truly captured the best the small screen had to offer in the last year. (Don’t worry, Eeyores: We’ll complain about tragically omitted TV in another post.)

So all of us on TVLine’s editorial staff have weighed in with our favorite 2015 Emmy nominations. A certain Netflix series about a bubbly redhead gets some special love, as does the source of House of Cards’ soul and Inside Amy Schumer‘s snark.

RELATED Emmy Nominations 2015: Michael Ausiello’s Snappy Judgments

Flip through the photos below (or click here for direct access), and then — most importantly — hit the comments with the Emmy nominations that filled you with joy.

1. nate says:

Yay Titus

2. Bryce says:

Always felt that Paulson’s characters were a subtle try to out-buzz Maslany so it always felt very cheap to me. Paulson did fine, but I don’t think she topped her Lana Winters Asylum character by any means.

3. David says:

Titus plays a stereotype which is an insult to the gay community. And for that he gets an Emmy nomination?

• Joey says:

That’s a pretty big insult you’re lobbing at any gay individual who is similar to Titus Andromedon. And don’t sit there and tell me there aren’t, because you’d be wrong.

• Bryce says:

Part of the BEAUTY of the gay community is that it has taken stereotypes and embraced them! Some of the most profound gay characters and real-life individuals alike fit stereotypes! Stereotypes are often bad, but the LGBTQ movement has taught us that they can be tools for both unifying and strengthening its individuals. Titus represents a strong personality who not only fits stereotypes but also breaks them in interesting and complex ways. He’s a character to look up to!

4. abz says:

My random thoughts: No Eva Green :(. No Vera Farmiga :(. Nothing for Outlander :( I don’t understand the love for House of Cards with all these nomination. This past season was let’s face it, not very good. It sucked in my opinion. Yeah the actors did okay, but there are so many better performances. And if the Emmy’s were insisting on nominating a Good Wife actor for the Supporting Actor in Drama, they pick Alan Cumming (who I do love) over Matt Czuchry? I can’t remember anything major he contributed this season and Czuchry should have got it. Khandi Alexander? Really? Scandal was so bad this last season. Joanne Froggatt? I like Anna Bates, but what has she done that’s stood out this past season. Thrilled once again to see Allison Janney for Mom (Although I don’t get why she isn’t considered a lead). Yay Tatiana. Boo Claire Danes being nominated again. Yeah Homeland got better this past season, but I recall nothing outstanding or different in her performance this season that stood out to me. Also happy for Finn Wittrock. Why does the Supporting Comedy Actress cateogry have 8 people but dramas only get six?

5. Very disappointed that Charlie Humman was not nominated.

6. Very disappointed Charlie Humman was not nominated

7. Grey's Fan says:

Yeah for Allison Janney. I would not be disappointed if she is a repeat winner in BOTH of her categories. Have loved her since West Wing.
    Is OITNB nominated for season two or season three? Ditto for House of Cards: 2 or 3?
    Homeland’s Saul was robbed in not being nominated. The show deserved the Best Drama nom as season four was excellent and much better then the latter half of 2 and most of 3. Brody should’ve died at the end of season 2 or at least early in season 3.
    Disappointed, but not surprised Grey’s received no nominations. Ellen Pompeo should’ve received a best actress nom for her work in season 11. Also Geena Davis should’ve had a guest actor nom.
    L&O: SVU – The actress who plays Det. Amanda should’ve had a supporting nom for her work in season 16 with the return of her former boss.
    Why don’t the Emmys create new categories for shows (comedies and dramas) that have been on for more than eight seasons — this way deserving actors/shows get recognized for their hard work. The shows usually aren’t buzzy any more but there’s a reason why they’re still on the air. Though I would argue that Grey’s Anatomy is still a buzzy show that can generate more interest/buzz then shows in their prime (seasons 1 through 4).

• Lexy says:

I am almost certain that the nods are for OITNB season 2 and House of Cards season 3.
      Eligibility period is 31st of May 2014 to 1st of June 2015.

8. Amy J says:

TAAAAAATTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAANNNNNNNAAAAAAA

9. msb says:

So glad Tatiana Maslaney got a nom. I can not even believe how talented she is. I have to constantly remind myself that it is one actor playing all those characters, and it is still hard to get into my head because she does such an incredible job of separating the characters. Plus the nuances of then playing one character pretending to be another. Amazing. So glad she got some recognition.

10. Ally_D says:

The nominations for Parks & Recreation & Amy Poehler make me the happiest. For me it’s the funniest comedy that’s been on TV in the last few years and I cried when the finale aired. We had to wait until last year for Amy to be recognised by the Emmys so for both her and the show to be nominated this year restores a little of my faith in the awards.

11. Stephen S. says:

The Nominations I love:

Kyle Chandler and Ben Mendelsohn acting nominations for Bloodline. I wish Sam Shepard would have joined them, but I’m happy these guys were at least nominated. Especially Mendelsohn who was absolutely phenomenal.

Homeland for best drama series and Claire Danes and F. Murray Abraham getting acting nods. Again, I wish they would have nominated Mandy Patinkin but I am happy for these two. Their best directing nod made me happy as well.

Alan Cumming and Christine Baranski in the supporting actor/actress in a drama categories. I’m also happy for Michael J. Fox even though they should have nominated David Hyde Pierce instead.

Liev Schreiber for best drama actor.

Parks and Rec and Amy Peohler nominations made me thrilled. Especially the series nomination for Parks and Rec since that was totally unexpected.

As far as snubs goes, there are two shows that failed to get anything that made me: Justified and 24: Live Another Day. :(