Turn Renewed for Season 3 at AMC

This is certainly an unexpected Turn of events.

AMC has renewed the ratings- and buzz-challenged Turn: Washington’s Spies for a 10-episode third season to air next year, the cabler announced Wednesday.

Per AMC, the Revolutionary War drama ranks as basic cable’s “third most affluent scripted drama” among adults 18-49 and 25-54, behind AMC’s late Mad Men and FX’s The Americans.

“We loved what we saw creatively from the Turn: Washington’s Spies team in Season 2, and the show achieved something that is increasingly rare in television today – a growing audience during the season,” said Charlie Collier, president of AMC. “Turn continues to attract a dedicated and distinctively upscale audience across multiple platforms.”

1. Dani says:

OMG. I like the show but have yet to watch season 2 (DVR’d it). I can’t believe it got renewed. I’m so happy. >.<

2. Wordsmith says:

A surprise, to be sure, but a very welcome one. This show is criminally underappreciated.

3. Chloe says:

Very happy to hear this!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!!!

4. Murica! says:

Great news! That ending was fantastic!! Can’t wait to see what happens next.

5. Tim says:

I had a feeling it would be renewed, otherwise I think they would have cancelled very quickly

6. CJ says:

Such great news! I love Turn, and can’t wait for the third season. It is such an unbelievably underrated show and I hope more people discover it between now and then.

7. Phillip says:

If they renew this, they HAVE to renew Halt and Catch Fire, right?!

8. Nic says:

I’m thrilled to hear that AMC did the right thing and renewed this well written show. The end of season two was a great cliffhanger and, though we already know what happened historically, it still would’ve been a cruel thing to do if they left us hanging without a third season. Yay!

9. bj says:

This is good news. I’m looking forward to season 3.

10. Good to see that TURN’s improved season 2 led to a season 3. Now AMC, please renew HALT AND CATCH FIRE asap!

11. LynnH says:

This is fantastic news! It’s such a quality show, I’m so happy we get another season. :)

12. Lisa says:

Thanks reporting on this! I’ve been waiting to hear about it’s fate. I LOVE the show and really feel like it doesn’t get the buzz it deserves. Good acting and writing!

13. asm says:

This show is fantastic by the way, I don’t know why TVLine doesn’t cover this regularly. This is about spies, if anyone is wondering. I didn’t realize this awesome series because the title is not clear about what it is. Everyone should know that this is about spies, and spies are awesome.

14. Liz says:

This is one of the most boring shows I have ever tried to watch.

• Jason says:

Then don’t watch it!!!! There’s a novel idea…

• Harry Hui says:

He’ll watch it or not, what’s it to you?

• Jason says:

Who’s he’ll??? Last time I checked Liz is a woman’s name…and it’s nothing to me….simply stating a response to a negative response about this show….if u don’t like, don’t watch!!!! And it’s nothing to me guy…I’m simply posting my opinion just as the person before me

• Patricia Smith says:

Liz, then just leave the country. This story is based on real people who were willing to sacrifice their live for freedom. What would you know about struggle and sacrifice for the future of your family? You are just a petty simple fool who benefitted from the sacrifices made by brave patriots. Read your country’s history and gain an appreciation of courageous people. Or crawl back into your cave like any louse ridden, scaberous low life.

15. HanLin says:

I am so excited! The second season was a vast improvement over the first, so I am glad to see that rewarded (despite it being somewhat ratings challenged!) It’s also great that they get this season to wrap things up after that season finale! THANKS AMC!

16. yael says:

So happy I got all choked up! Thanks AMC. Huzzah for TURN!

17. Isobel says:

Excellent, I was hoping the show stuck around. Hopefully JJ Field does a good job with John Andre’s storyline coming up

18. Jason says:

Super ecstatic that AMC has renewed “TURN” for a 3rd season…what a well acted and put together piece of American history…..AMC just keeps hitting home runs with shows in my book….as a life long Setauket native it makes me even more proud to know how much the Culper ring actually contributed to intelligence gathering during the revolution…I hope to god this show keeps going!!!! Well done AMC!!!

19. cc says:

Hopefully that’s not bad news for Halt and Catch Fire

20. Danielle says:

I thought this past season was great! Can’t wait to see the next one..It truly is an amazing show.

21. Harry Hui says:

It seemed a dead giveaway they would cancel it, then they “premiered” ep. 1 of season 3 then dropped off cable completely. This show stinks, and the only thing worse is the way it’s being managed. Now THIS article tells us the thing is returning NEXT YEAR for a third season. That channel is a mess, the show is a mess. I’d rather be made to watch Ghost Hunters. At least their history is accurate.

22. yael says:

Why is this “unexpected” as you say?
    It’s a brilliant show. It deserves renewal.To be cackled would be “unexpected”.

23. as a brit i kinda like this show yall!

24. Nick Bruno says:

Thank You for renewing Turn. It’s the best show on TV

25. Sue says:

I really like this show. I don’t watch much TV but definitely tune into this show. Glad it’s being renewed in 2016! Anyone know when? I don’t want to miss the first episode!

26. Omg so glad it is going to be on but when i miss it so much

27. hannah briggs says:

the show is so awesome, all of the actors are superb….we just found out, that a neighbor down the road played the african american woman who was a spy! i thought she looked familiar…..keep going AMC!! IT’S TIME WE HAD SOME HISTORY ON HERE….

28. Lisa says:

I love this show. It’s very different from everything else on TV. Truly unique and interesting

29. Patricia P Smith says:

How can anyone not be fascinated by the very fact based story of the people who drove our country’s search for freedom? So much of the Turn story is grounded in our history and gives a birds eye view of the dedicated patriots with their strengths and weaknesses. We can never repay the average, common folk and our founding fathers for the sacrifices they made for the future of the country they envisioned. We have much to live up to and much to appreciate. I hope we have earned their hard fought victory and appreciate the sacrifices they were willing to make.

30. brian says:

yessss I love this show. Can you do one on the civil war, world war I & II.

31. Maurice Nadeau says: