Michelle Collins Joins The View (Officially) as Season 19 Co-Host

Michelle Collins The View

It’s official… and not at all surprising: Comedian Michelle Collins is joining The View as a permanent co-host for its upcoming 19th season.

The big announcement, which technically leaked last week, was made official during Monday’s live episode, with the latest addition to the ABC talk show making her grand entrance to the tune of Jay-Z and Alicia Keys’ “Empire State of Mind.”

Said Collins:

These past few months have been the most fun and exciting of my career, and I couldn’t be happier to join such an awesome, smart, accomplished and funny group of women. Ever since the age of 4 — and the height of 5′ 6″ — it’s been my dream to host a talk show, and the fact that I now get to do just that every day with an amazing, hard-working team of producers, writers, cast and crew is beyond my wildest expectations. Many thanks to the people at ABC for inviting me to be a part of this team, and specifically to the great Barbara Walters and Whoopi Goldberg, whose support has meant the world to me.

Though she’ll regularly appear on The View until it goes on hiatus next month, Collins won’t be an “official” co-host until the show returns for its 19th season in September.

Are you glad to hear this addition confirmed? Are you disappointed? Are you feverishly Googling both “Michelle Collins” and “The View” to find out what we’re even talking about? Drop a comment with all of your thoughts — if any — below.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

I am very disappointed. Things continue to go from bad to worse for The View and the execs at ABC Daytime are still making the wrong decisions. Millions of people are very upset and they want The View to end in a very bad way if the network doesn’t have the guts to do so.

• Mr. Tran K says:

BTW, there’s a reason why daytime programming like talk shows, game shows and soaps have been on the air for years and years and years and still the network execs doesn’t know how long their daytime shows are going to end. I know a couple of shows that still needs to end in a bad way: The View and The Price is Right.

• Kimberly S. says:

Wrong. Great addition to the hosts. Whoopi unfortunately continues to drag it down.

• Mr. Tran K says:

What are you complaining about Kimberly? With a new co-host in Michelle Collins, looks like The View is still the show people should put on their “hate watch list”. Go whine and complain to your mama.

• Laurie Emerson says:

I agree with you completely.

2. stormsurger says:

Who cares. This show is so over.

3. B.T. says:

The View is trying to stay relevant by hiring a transgender co-host. Transgender is so spring of 2015.

4. big cheddar says:

I think she’s pretty funny, so why not. I really hope they keep Nicole Wallace.

5. Sharon says:

The View used to be a good show but this year it has gone done hill so far it is now in the gutter.

The only reason I will watch it is for Whoopi, the rest of the co-hosts are terrible. Rosie with that laugh sends chills down my back.

Bring back Sherri and Jenny they were way more enjoyable to watch than this bunch.

I am surprised that it is coming back for another season I thought for sure it would get axed.

Barbara, sorry to say your show has gone to the dogs.

6. Marie says:

I like her! I like the new group of people and think they work well together. I don’t think others like change much, but its the way things go.

7. NEK38583 says:

I wish they had hired Joy Behar back instead. Their has been something missing ever since she left. I think they need her back STAT.

• MissGray says:

I couldn’t agree more. I did not realize how much I loved Joy until she left. This show was once making the evening news for presidential election commentary. Wtheck happened?

8. Brandy says:

And now I will start watching regularly. LOVE Michelle.

9. :) says:

I’m a fan of the show. Shows change. Some of the views problems are behind the scenes and until they fix those you can higher whoever you want there will still be problems. Michelle is not my first choice but i wish her well. I’m still routing for cristela Alonzo. They needto add a journalist.

10. Anna Barker says:

I am so excited for Michelle to join the host position. She is wicked smart and SO funny. Next I think once a week, to have a host from the public. We can send in names and be chosen by picking names all at random. I of course should be the first one.

11. Topsy Turvy says:

ABC Announces Who Will Be Leaving The View Next Year

12. The Rookie says:

Why can’t they hire an experienced teacher, doctor, engineer, PhD in any professional area to make opinions balanced and more related to 99% of american women? Why should I want the opinion of the social elite that live in NY or LA with only limited education or professional experience? They need non-celebrities with interesting stories and polarizing but respectful and articulate opinions.

13. ginny runner says:

Michelle collins awful, awful. Yuk. Love rosie perez and nicole.

14. blue says:

Can no longer watch this show! Raven is horrible and was extremely rude to Candace last week. Just horrible. Her behavior was vile. And Whoopi can get downright hostile especially when it is about Bill Cosby. Please put this show out of its misery!

15. Peter Allan Ker says:

The View should be Cancelled!

16. I am very disappointed in this choice. Particularly because we are entering an election year, I was hoping we might get a journalist or someone with a background other than comedy and entertainment. When the show began, they had two journalists and a lawyer. Nicolle Wallace is now the only host without an entertainment background. I enjoyed this show for a long time, but with every choice they make, it is harder and harder to do that.

• Sharon says:

It may be a election year coming up, but not everyone watching is in the US. I don’t mind some political talk but I sure hope that isn’t the only topic of conversation.

17. Abe Froman says:

I just have one question… who is Michelle Collins?

18. Teraz niestety nie mogę tego zrobić, bo typowa cena telefonu z najwyższej półki to niemal 3000 zł, ponad dwa razy więcej niż
    za wspomnianego Nexusa.

19. Randella Bruin says:

Please don’t bring back Shari.We don’t want 2 Ravens. Put in someone who go at Whoopie

20. Melinda Duggan says:

I love Whoopi, when she’s absent for some reason I usually turn the channel. I really like Nicolle Wallace even though I’m a staunch Democrate because she’s not biased just toward the Republicans. I also like Raven with her expressive hair styles and colors. Nevertheless, I think the View needs to retire quietly & gracefully. P.S. I loved the View when Joy Behar was on she was so funny.

21. helen bailey says:

GET RID OF RAVEN AS SHE DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING,AN BRING BACK SHERRI SHEPARD,I CAN,T BELIEVE YOU HIRED RAVEN AFTER WATCHING HER INTER ACT

22. Rita Miller says:

Sooo sorry to hear that Nicole Wallace is leaving,other than Whoopi,i enjoyed they are the ONLY!!! reason I watch the View, I REALLY enjoy when Mario Cantone is on he is hysterical !! need to see Mario much more often or becoming a regular on the View, would definitely !!! boost ratings .( food for thought ) Simone does NOTHING for the View .

23. talman welle says:

I think Michelle Collins is AWESOME!! Witty, smart, quickest on tv, and damn good, SHE is going to have her own show some day in the future! A WINNER!

24. Pat says:

Have not watched the show in years. It is a mess and has no reason to be on the air!

25. Beverly Wright says:

Nicolle needs to stay full time host. Woopie is the glue, Ravon excellent, Michelle funny , Rosie, glad she’s gone

26. Cassie says:

So I basically had to Google this co-host to find out who she was… I guess ABC didn’t have enough people who can recite what the Kardashians had for breakfast… so they had to hire some wierd VH1 commentator.

27. Linda Marcoux says:

I would have liked someone else
    Don’t care for her too much. The View has gone through alot changes & I don’t care for the format of the show anymore.

28. Pat says:

Love Whoopi Nicole Michelle and Raven-Simone I watch or tape everyday. So much better than the talk

29. P Friedman says:

Have watched Michelle Collins on The View, and really really do not like her. She has nothing
    to contribute to the show. Big mistake. I do not find her funny, she is boring and never adds anything interesting to the conversation. What in the world did you see in this women.

30. joanne says:

I am not happy with Michelle Collins…she acts so insecure and talks too fast, always looking to the rest of the ladies for approval. Her comments are more like stand up than relaxed normal speech patterns to give her views!!! Hire another intellect like Nicolle, not so many “stars”!!!!!

31. skrogers255 says:

Sophisication, class, and intelligence will be leaving when Nicole leaves.

Should never have hired Michelle, still don’t know what she brings to the table.
    She talks over others repeatedly.

32. May Lavinia says:

Trans gender woman? Yes?

33. Dot Ashley says:

I will miss Nicholle and I am not a Republican. I enjoy her freshness and knowledge.

34. Dot Ashley says:

Never heard of her – what is her experience

35. Barb says:

The View is the worst show on TV! It was bad enough and then you bring Joy back. . .she is the most hateful person. I will not watch it anymore. I have always loved Whoopie, but The View has ruined her, too opinionated, too political and too unkempt looking. The show in Chicago that follows is awful too, both are so racial, it just angers me and it should most people! Get over it, the gov has us right where they want us. . .we are all the same, don’t let these people set us up! Dump the View!

36. bobcobb says:

Get rid of Whoopi. She still backs Cosby, the rapist.