Exclusive

Home Free Video: Big Twist in Fox's Home-Reno Series Revealed

To put a little twist on the immortal words of Oprah Winfrey: You get a home! And you get a home! And you get a home!”

Fox’s upcoming competition series Home Free (premiering July 22 at 9/8c) isn’t just about seeing which couple can construct the best house for a deserving family.

As you can see in TVLine’s exclusive sneak peek, each feel-good episode builds up to a huge surprise in which the eliminated pair discovers they’re still winners — of a brand new abode!

Press PLAY above to check out the twisty reveal, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Gilded Lady says:

Yeah, I kinda guessed that the first time I saw the ad for it. Still nice of them to do though :)

2. Wordsmith says:

I’m assuming that all of the homes being renovated are located in the same general vicinity, and all of the contestants are local to the area. Otherwise, it seems like they’d be forcing people to move to new towns at random without telling them about it.

• CK says:

I’d assume that they can sell the house or take some cash payout. These home improvement shows never really go into the fact that they have to relocate, their property taxes rise significantly, or the family lacks the funds to maintain said new home.

3. Wordsmith says:

Also, if you’re a glass-half-empty sort of person, you can look at the show this way: the couple that does the shoddiest work that week is the one forced to live in the house that they messed up. :)

4. Dude says:

I’ll watch this for Mike Holmes. Gotta support the Canadians.

5. Trish Perry says:

I love the feel-good twist to the show! Great, generous idea. I don’t watch much reality TV, but I may watch just to see the joy in the “losers'” eyes each week.

6. On this show everyone comes out a winner. As well as the neighborhoods where these houses are located.

7. We live in an older house it was built in 1964 things are falling apart. We need a remodel badly . If you can help we love it watch your show all the time!

8. Renew Green says:

This show is awesome…….brought me to tears wish someone would come here and help us flood victims….my house is full of mold but a I know God gonna take care of it …..God bless you all angels of mercy AMEN!!!!!!

9. loveangel says:

Awww how awesome is that!! I really wish there was something like this in the Milwaukee, WI area. I know someone who was left a house from their mother who passed away about 3yrs ago & the house is in need of some repairs and upgrades. From electricity to plumbing, chimney, drywall to floors, porches to garage & driveway. This person is having difficulties getting home improvement loans because of credit problems. They don’t want to sell the house because it is a reminder of their mother.

10. speshulk1967 says:

I love the twist. I love Mike Holmes. I LOVE IT!!!! Makes me cry because everybody deserves their own home. A safe comfortable place to be proud of and have that cozy factor. Can’t wait to watch!!!

11. Susan Polson says:

Whaf happens to season two, we know already fhat you get a house.

12. Saw stsss says:

Great concept but
    How will these families ever pay the taxes, insurance and utilities on these homes. Do the couples have jobs, family and support groups int the cities where the houses are?
    Are these families really being helped?