Doctor Who Sets September Return Date — Watch the Trailer Now!

“He’s the Doctor and he saves people!” And he’ll resume those duties on September 19.

BBC America on Thursday unveiled the Season 9 premiere date (and first trailer) for Doctor Who — and we’ve got your first look!

RELATED Doctor Who @ Comic-Con: Missy as ‘Frenemy,’ Maisie Williams as Guest Star and… a Woman in the Title Role?

There’s a hand coming forth from the ground, there’s Clara, there’s Missy (she lives!), and a super creepy beast absconding with a child. There’s also Game of Thrones‘ Maisie Williams — if you stick around ’til the very end.

Press PLAY above for the whole shebang, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Tony says:

Let the theories on who Maisie Williams is begin!!!!!

2. JenE says:

I know a lot of people do not like Clara but I do and I loved him swinging her around and hugging her! Now that is the Doctor. Had a hard time warming up to him last season since he was just so different that the rest but he has grown on me since the end of last season,

• tyranthraxus says:

I love this version of the Doctor. Yes he looks old, and honestly its a bit tiring people say they dont like him because he looks old..

Its just disappointing people are that shallow. They probably look at the 4th Doctor or 1st Doctor or 2nd Doctor and say the same thing.

As long as Dr Who can continue to tell a good story (and shake this Earth bound thing) it seems to have then we are in for a good future.

• A3rynSun76 says:

I’ve heard more complaints about him being cold than old. Although there is an obvious age gap between the last 3 (Eccleston, Tennant, Smith) and Capaldi I find that it took a long time to warm up to the 12th because he and the 11th differ so greatly and that even showed in his relationship with Clara.
        On a side note, Who is Who and I’m insanely excited for Sept 19th

• tyranthraxus says:

The Doctors SHOULD have Separate personalities. Whilst they are the same person, regeneration is not only a renewal of their bodies its a renewal of who they are as a emotional/ logical being. All the knowledge is still there, they just access it in different ways and their brain is wired differently every time.

For instance the 3rd and 4th Doctor both knew the same amount of information about a lot. The 3rd Doctor chose to follow an authoritarian agenda by siding with the law more often than not and the 4th Doctor chose to use his knowledge as he saw fit free of the confines of any authority. My Issue with Tennant and Smith was that their 10th and 11th Doctors were quite similar (or had similar stories) and the 12th Doctor actually represent a change on their core personality.

3. B says:

Love the trailer. Love the shot of the Doctor playing guitar (in shades!) and the idea that he knows Maisie Williams’ character well. I’m glad that he and Clara look to be on good terms. It seemed so up-and-down last season (and sometimes downright disrespectful on Clara’s part), but with the Christmas episode, I was hoping a more friendly connection would carry through.

I’m glad Missy is back — I think she’s lots of fun. Looks like some other interesting villains as well. Can’t say I’m glad to see the Dalek’s again, but I suppose we must. (Last season’s story with them was pretty interesting; hopefully they’ll have a new angle here too.) — So, now, just two months and 10 days to wait.

• tyranthraxus says:

I think we could easily go 2 seasons without seeing the Daleks again. I know I would like to. Same with the Cybermen.

4. dman6015 says:

I think the Maisie Williams character is…spoilers!

5. Shawny says:

This guy really went on a binge smoking and drinking while on hiatus. He looks like the walking dead. I miss David Tennant.

6. Shawny says: