Ratings: Hollywood Game Night Returns to Series High, Zoo Steady

Hollywood Game NIght Ratings

NBC’s Hollywood Game Night opened Season 3 on Tuesday with 5.4 million total viewers and a 1.5 rating, up 35 and 36 percent from its sophomore finale (which self-started an off-season Thursday), drawing its second-largest audience ever and matching a series high in the demo.

The episode also featured perhaps the worst “How Do You Doo?” singer in the show’s history. Sorry, civilian lady!

Opening the Peacock’s night (and surely goosing Game Night‘s haul), America’s Got Talent (10.4 mil/2.2) was down three tenths in the demo.

Elsewhere….

CBS | Zoo (7.7 mil/1.2, per finals) matched its premiere numbers while rudely and repeatedly teasing the mauling of that poor little boy :(

FOX | 5th Grader (2.5 mil/0.6) dipped a tenth.

ABC | Extreme Weight Loss (2 mil/0.6) shed 16 percent and a tenth.

1. Gerald says:

I watched HGN and do enjoy it, but seriously, how can they claim the are doubling the chances to win the $25K. They only double the celebrities giving the clues which if nothing else hurts the persons chances because it gets so confusing.
    Zoo is getting more interesting. I’ll keep watching.

• Emma says:

Ya, I didn’t think having 2 celebrities giving the clues was beneficial at all. I think it works much better with just one, and they can always pass if they get stuck, it’s not like they need to ask a friend.

• Ron says:

I also enjoy HGN for what it is, but I couldn’t agree more about “doubling” the chances to win. As you said, it seems like it actually hurts the person’s chance to win. And truth be told, I think the producers know that it isn’t helpful at all. But it really is not difficult to win the $25K as many (read: almost all) past contestants have done so. Maybe I’m just cynical (I am), but I think the producers wanted to make it more difficult for people to win the “grand prize” so did this, but tried to sell it under the guise of actually being helpful.

2. AngelWasHere says:

Aw no Zoo recap? I was dying to ask how Jackson got a call from Abraham when Abe had passed out and was up in a tree. Did the lions somehow learn how to use smart phones? I couldn’t help, but laugh at that part. I’m sticking with it for now, but it was a lot of laughable moments in last night ep that I couldn’t ignore.

3. gcw07 says:

I was really disappointed they didn’t kill that little kid on Zoo. They kept teasing it and we got nothing. Instead we got the dad getting killed because the little dog was unhappy with being told to leave the lobby.

• AngelWasHere says:

Yeah I kept rooting for the kid to get killed too. I feel bad for saying that, but I wanted to see the tigers get out and cause havoc. I hope they mix it up more with the exotic animals.