X-Files: Mulder & Scully Are on the Case in the Revival's Fleeting First Footage

A lie is most convincingly hidden between two truths, and new video of Mulder and Scully in action is most awesomely tacked on to the end of an X-Files re-watch promo.

On Tuesday, Fox released the video above to alert fans to “201 Days of The X-Files,” a social media-supported, episode-a-day viewing of the supernatural series. And after about 30 seconds of old clips, the network snuck in a first glimpse of the former (?) Feds in action.

RELATED Gillian Anderson Teases X-Files Revival: ‘It’s Strange to Be Back Here’

In the scant frames, Scully and Mulder are in their element: entering a dark room, flashlights and guns drawn, Scully looking slightly horrified by what she sees. It’s just like the old days!

The six-episode continuation premieres Sunday, Jan. 24.

Press PLAY on the video above to investigate (the FBI’s most unwanted show up at about the 32-second mark), then hit the comments with your speculation about where they are and what they’re doing.

1. Steven says:

I may or may not be screaming right now. Ok, I am.

• The Rookie says:

I was screaming too! My teen idol Dr. Dana Katherine Scully is baaack!!!!!

• dman6015 says:

Only super-nerds would know her middle name AND address her with her professional title. You could have stayed in the geek range if you had just said “Dana Scully…”.

• The Rookie says:

Thank you for the Super Nerd stuff. Don’t mind at all. Long live the X-Files and SSA – Dr. Dana Katherine Scully, MD

2. Lysh says:

Chills. I can’t wait!

3. “The truth is in there”, heh.

4. Gloria zimmerman says:

Been looking forward to this :)

5. GhostWolf says:

All I hope is that they do justice to the original show. Time to start up on re-watching the DVDs.

6. Drew says:

If this ends up sucking, I am going to be so pissed off at Chris Carter.

7. The Grinch says:

The wig looks good. Also, you should really watch Fight The Future. It’s pretty relevant to the mythology.

8. Sarah T says:

Very effective for a teaser trailer. CAN’T WAIT!!!

9. The X-files fandom is filled with nothing but creepy, lonely people. It’s only a TV show FFS…you act like your life depends on it…

• Drew says:

Sorry, is this a serious news website, with articles about terrorism, politics and Miley Cyrus? No. So, what did you expect to find here, if not people who care about discussing TV shows?

• The Rookie says:

Maybe you just need to watch Castle reruns and hope the blind item isn’t about your show.

• May I respectfully suggest Mr Smith that you not read the articles pertaining to TV shows if you feel this way about fandoms? Go find something else to grouch at….

• tyranthraxus says:

I find it interesting that after the most recent X Files movie, they appear to be both back with the FBI. I know in that movie Mulder was looking like he might go back to it… maybe (after the holiday to the Carrbean) but Scully seemed dead set against doing so (and was now a respected Surgeon at a Catholic Run Hospital)

I dont see.. .how they get back to the FBI from there…. UNLESS timewise it is situtated in the earlier seasons between or around other episodes.

• dman6015 says:

No, they’ve said it’s current day. I’m sure they’ll explain how they both came back to the FBI – assuming they actually do work for the FBI…

• Jess says:

Says the lonely creep who had to come to a TV gossip site and poke fun at X-Files fans to feel better about his day.

10. I think I’ll be fine as soon as I stop crying

11. kmw says:

I am cautiously optimistic but hopefully it will be good and make up for last two seasons and last movie

12. bbicecream says:

So excited about this, I’m not even embarassed.

• tyranthraxus says:

why would you be embarrassed? The X Files more or less MADE the FOX station/network what is is today, and became a cultural icon of the 90’s. Dont see what could be embarrassing about that.

It identified something in the market that few tv shows had ever really tapped before about a duo of people investigating the unexplainable/other from WITHIN the system. Generally in this genre you would get people fighting the system from outside or being pursued by the system. The X Files was a show about officialdom investigating the events.

13. OUTraged says:

but when??? I saw the video. And read about the 201 days of. Except it doesn’t say when FOX is doing it. I mean I guess it doesn’t matter since I got all of the seasons I can play them any time I want…..

• Lauren says:

starting today, with the release of the above video.

• dman6015 says:

Well, let’s see. A graphic in the video said 7/7/2015, which is the same day as the release of the clip, so I’m going with some time in September.

14. Nitemar says:

So many memories. Remember spending hours in X-Philes forums, specially Heaven’s. Nice reminiscing those days again. :)

15. Jennifer says:

So. Excited. It’s not listed on the Fox affiliate here … are the episodes going to be online?

16. Kat says:

Yeaaaaahhhhh on my birthday!! Happy Birthday, Future Self!

17. ron boisseau says:

Over the years I enjoyed many shows. The X-Files has to rank among the very best in writing, filming and music.
    It was full of drama and humor. It was must see TV. Can hardly wait until January. Go Mulder and Scully.

18. ShadowsGathered says:

I sense a new trend in television programming.