Rosie Perez Leaving The View

Rosie Perez The View

The Hunger Games — sorry, The View — is officially losing another tribute — sorry, co-host. (Oh, who are we kidding? It’s all the same at this point.)

Thursday, Aug. 6 will mark Rosie Perez‘s final day as a part of the ABC daytime talk show, our sister site Deadline reports.

If you’re getting a feeling of déjà vu, it’s because this is the second time word of Perez’s departure has hit the web. The actress had taken the month of January off to rehearse for Larry David’s Broadway play Fish in the Dark, and it was believed she would not be returning to the show.

In fact, the show’s entire line-up has been a bit of a revolving door ever since The View‘s Sept. 2014 reboot. Rosie O’Donnell, who returned after a tumultuous departure in 2007, lasted only a few months before announcing her second exit in Feb. 2015. After a series of temporary replacements, Raven-Symoné was eventually named a permanent co-host in June.

Now, let’s talk replacements: Who should be brought in to fill Perez’s seat? Drop a comment with your recommendation(s) below.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

My money’s on Molly Sims to become the new co-host of The View. She hasn’t been hosting during the heydays of MTV’s House of Style.

• Poster4392 says:

She’s been guest hosting a lot, hasn’t she. It would seem that they’re priming Collins for a spot, but I’d like to see someone who isn’t an actress (like Whoopi or Raven). Barbara brought a sort of credibility to the show, so maybe a journalist. Maybe Maria Menounos, or someone that has experience at talk shows……I know Ricki Lake is an actress, but her, or Carnie Wilson (I was convinced Michelle was Carnie for like two weeks straight anyway). I think Connie Chung is the best person for the job, or Ann Curry. We need an asian.

• Rory says:

Oh!!!…So we need an Asian?….of course, diversity means this: LESS WHITE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!….Goto Hell you racist bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sally McLinn says:

Rosie’s contract was only for a year anyway, so I’m sure she felt it was a temporary stay.

• Kris says:

They should just cancel the show & get it done with already!

• Mr. Tran K says:

I know. The execs at ABC Daytime still don’t have the guts to do so and don’t have the brains whether they make the decisions right or wrong.

2. LT says:

Can we PLEASE get Meghan McCain now????

• Paul says:

I’ve been saying this for years!

• Billy says:

Meghan won’t do it as long as Nicole Wallace is on the show because she hates Nicole because she threw her dad under the bus after the 2008 election. So if Meghan is on expect Nicole to be gone soon after.

• she would be good…..or just cancel the whole show

• Drew says:

Meghan McCain is a poser who pretends to be Republican so that she can make money off of her father’s name, but wouldn’t know a Republican point of view if it bit her on the over filtered selfie.
      They should get a legit conservative who can hold her own against the mostly liberal panel.

• Rory says:

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!….Someone that Speaks with what REAL AMERICANS want to Hear!!!

3. DavidSask says:

A Shocker says no one!!!

• Eric says:

Like be that you have Tabatha and Timmy as your profile pic!!!!

• BG says:

I got very tired of Whoopie! I discovered The Price Is Right is on the other channel. Have rediscovered game shows. Haven’t seen The View is several months.

• Belinda Chinea says:

I hear you about Whoopi. She has totally been diminished, due to her inadequate ‘furnishings’ (the non-thinking, place-setting fill ins)maybe? Whatever the reason,
        Whoopi is off her game of late and
        I think it will take someone other
        than Bill Wolfe to re-energize and
        restore our Whoopi and The View.

4. Paul says:

She needed to go, she didn’t make any meaningful contribution. Bring back Joy Behar

5. Can we get Ally Wentworth please

• Mark says:

Last night she stated that the Talk was better. Clearly she’s holding a grudge. She won’t be going on the View any time soon.

6. Guy says:

What is going on over there!? LOL

7. brandy says:

Best news about this show in a long time. I could not stand listening to her. PLEASE make Michelle Collins full time! Joy would be great to have back as well, or some sort of more dignified news anchor to bring the balance.

8. Tammy says:

Ali Wentworth please!

9. lala says:

Oh Thank God! That AWFUL voice/fake accent thing. Horrific!

10. scarlet says:

The view is awful! The talk is so
    much better. Whoopi should switch to the talk & it would b perfect!

11. Kate says:

Stacy London!!!

12. I haven’t watched that train wreck in years. Maybe ABC should cancel the whole show.

• iHeart says:

yeah they’ve been going through co-hosts like the X Factor US went through judges, it’s time for it to end

13. Bobbi says:

Meryl Streep….she’d keepit civil, real and there woud be crying. Seriously?

14. N says:

Ali Wentworth

15. Danielle says:

The ever funny country star Terri Clark !

16. Joe Jiggetts says:

August 6th will be my last day watching the View. Rosie is so informed and fair in her comments. I never watched the View until she came on. I’ve enjoyed this period. Thank you.

• Ronnie says:

I started watching the show again for Rosie Perez, and you can tell she and Nicole have forged a really good friendship

17. Matty says:

Connie Chung! please let them get Connie Chung!

• big cheddar says:

That would be amazing.

I’m really hoping they keep Nicole Wallace. I really like her! And I love the fact that she doesn’t know a ton of entertainment stuff. Btw – did anyone see Monday’s show? The crack she made about Raven was hilarious, although im assuming some of it was playong intp the

• big cheddar says:

(whoops, accidentally hit the post button!)…ahem, played into the fact that she doesn’t know a lot of entertainment/pop culture stuff. And Whoopi kept calling her “Wonky”, which is one of her other criticisms. Anyway, yahoo tv has a clip of it
        Its pretty funny.

18. Glen says:

Margaret Cho

19. David says:

Megan McCain, Alli Wentworth, and Joy Behar.

20. NEK38583 says:

My vote would be Joy Behar, I am her number one fan. On another note however, I would not mind seeing Candace Cameron come on as a full time host. I know she is busy with the Full House reboot, but she does care to disagree, and speak her mind. That is what is missing from the Show. I hope it is either Joy or Candace

21. kitty hoarder says:

Kathy Ireland

22. sonic16q says:

Can the replacement please be Naya Rivera. I thought she did amazing the few times she has been on it.

23. NotAnselAdams says:

It’s really time to end this show.
    I’ve never had any hate towards it … in fact I’ve watched and enjoyed it from time to time …

But really, it’s time to end it.

No replacement. Let the cast dwindle until they all leave.

24. paco says:

Betty White is currently available…

25. Barbara says:

Cancel this stupid show already!

26. Viv says:

I don’t even watch the show and it feels like she just got there! Lol!

27. dman6015 says:

Just put the show out of its misery and save us all the grief.

28. Thomas hunter says:

I think the announcement that Nicole will be leaving will be made soon. When she was on Morning Joe this week, she didn’t really wish to discuss that show at all. She is far, far too intelligent to be stuck on the mess that The View has become

29. Sally McLinn says:

The show can’t keep rotating hosts like this. They need to find some stability, and I’m sure this is driving poor Whoopi to WHHOOOP! I know it’s confusing to me as heck to watch one week and see one set of hosts and then the next week a different set. They need to go on hiatus, retool and then reboot.

30. Drew says:

The show should have ended long ago. As long as it is hanging around though… I don’t know… Kennedy? (As in the old mtv personality, not a politician)

31. Erin B says:

I would like to see Mario Cantone back, but I do agree they need someone who gives an opposing viewpoint from time to time. It isn’t as interesting if they all agree all the time.

32. :-) says:

Christella Alonzo and a journalist. I liked Deborah Roberts. They need someone to give the facts before everyone jumps in with their view. Someone that is there to give a full picture

33. Bernice Caldwell says:

I would love to see Christela she has been so wounlderfull on the show for her generation and others

34. Belinda Chinea says:

At this point..who cares who will ‘fit’ in Perez’s ‘seat’?
    The show has skid so far off the track I fear not even Oprah
    sitting in on the sad panel can
    resusitate the life back into that Dead Zone. Whoopi withstanding.

35. Kate says:

Hasn’t been a REAL conservative co-host since E Hassebeck turned soft. Everything liberal is now celebrated by every co-host. The show was great back in the day when two perspectives were discussed. Now it’s just one more force feeding of political correctness and anything goes. The only person who no longer has a right to espouse their view (on tv, FBk, or in this country) is a REAL conservative. Ok, so The View insists on looking like the UN. Then hire a REAL MINORITY – hire a Christian Conservative.

36. Louise Roettger says:

Oh l feel so sad that Rosie is leaving. I really did enjoy getting to know her as a person. I loved her heart and honesty. Nicole, Whoopi and Rosie were magic.. If Nicole or Whoopi leave. I am DONE!!!

37. jjdevil29@msn.com says:

Ali Wentworth, she’s sooo funny, they snubbed her the first time around when she should of been picked…

38. Bill W says:

Barbara Walters

39. PJ says:

Connie Chung would be a great moderator. I liked Cristella Alonzo when she guest hosted, she has that spontaneous humor The View needs. Ali Wentworth (should have been hired a long time ago), Sunny Hostin (isn’t she an attorney?) from CNN, and Meghan McCain was good when she guest hosted a while back.

40. Alice Lopez says:

I think that a Latina needs to be on that panel. Cristela would be awesome.

41. Librarygirl says:

Please not Michele Collins!!!! Read online that TPTB wanted more conflict over Hot Topics. Candace Cameron Bure sure provided that. Molly Sims would be good or Ali Wentworth. Maybe to bring a different “point of View” add a man to the mix.

42. jazzyt2u says:

Per Variety Michelle Collins has been added to the show. Not much of a fan. She says a lot of dumb stuff to be controversial I think. Makes her look sad.

43. Jay says:

I love Rosie Perez, but knew that she would not last long since I didn’t think she made a good co-host on the show. She couldn’t really hold her own nor lead on the show. She had way too many “umm” and “you know” every time she speaks. Other than that I think she’s a great actress. Wish her the best!

44. betsy says:

I do not like Raven for this gig at all. She is WAY too opinionated and HER’S is the only opinion that seems to matter to her

45. Mary Mazza says:

Bring back Joy..They need the age differential that was original to the show That also adds credibility. Truthfully, the show has deteriorated since Barbara & Bill Geddes left.

46. ABC says:

Love your Hunger Games. So true! They need to hire back a conservative to give those Lefist butches some balance and stir the pot. This Lesbo lovefest isn’t the least bit engaging.

47. Roxanne says:

Molly Sims would be an awful choice because she does not have the gravitas to replace someone like Rosie Perez. In fact, now that Nicole Wallace is also leaving, that View table could be floating in air with only Whoopi anchoring it. The show needs at least one additional member with serious knowledge of political and international social issues but preferably two.
    The new hosts need to be journalists or activist celebrities like Rosie Perez. The departure of Rosie Perez and Nicole Wallace are BIG blows to the credence of this show. It could easily devolve into a silly gossip show where the idea of discussing “hot topics” would be meaningless.

48. Mary massiello says:

Don’t care for this line up. Whoopsie needs more help.. Pls do me one favor get rid of raven Simone. Who is she? She needs to catch up on the news,, why was Michele Wallace fired? She had more intelligence than the others,, this show with the line up left is not going to make it!!! I am not watching anymore. Loved the old show!! God lucjk on your new picks.