UnREAL Renewed for Season 2

UnReal Renewed Season 2

Everlasting will need to find some more bachelors and bachelorettes.

Lifetime has renewed its original drama UnREAL for Season 2, the network announced on Monday.

“We couldn’t be more proud to bring back UnReal,” Liz Gateley, Executive Vice President and Head of Programming for Lifetime, said in a statement. “With authentically flawed characters, sharp storytelling and impeccable performances, this show is propelling our brand in a truly exciting direction – an unexpected and bolder Lifetime.  We are thrilled to continue our work with [executive producers] Marti [Noxon] and Sarah [Gertrude Shapiro] and the incredible A+E Studios team, as we together bring a new generation of viewers to Lifetime.”

The 10-episode second season will debut in 2016.

1. George says:

Actually, I wonder if doing a “bachelorette” type show (w/male contestants) might do better ratings-wise considering Lifetime’ female demographic.

2. Why they announced this one and not Devious Maids too? ><

3. sabrina says:

I’m so glad we’ll be getting another season of this show. I’m really enjoying it and look forward to a new episode each week.

4. co2bl says:

This is great news! I’m really addicted to this show.

5. Lisa says:

Awesome – I’m loving season 1 so far!

6. Now i think devious maids is the new witches of east end this year :s

• That’s not possible. Devious Maids is a way higher than UnREAL for the ratings. WoEE was not higher than Devious Maids.

• brandydanforth81 says:

It’s not all about just ratings-cast salaries,critical acclaim ,stipudio owenership,inretnstional sales,onlune viewing,dvr numvers,if a shows favired by the neteork ir not ect can factor into renewal/cancel descions-If DM is more expensive or Dosent have the acclaim UnReal does it’s possible it gets cancelled especially with ratings falling in s2&s3.Lokk at CWs BatB as an example-in s2,it was the lowest rated show on Czw & the lowest rated show reneaed on CW.So why did it get renewed?Good digital presence ,strong international sakes,cheap to produce,halfway to syndication & a pet project of CW head Mark Pedowitz.

• brandydanforth81 says:

I’m worried too,I hope not

7. Rebecca says:

I’m so excited! I wasn’t sure how it was doing. I’m hooked on this show. So much better than I was expecting!

8. JRS831 says:

Excited to see the show’s renewal. If you aren’t already watching it – don’t let the “dating show premise” throw you off track. “UnReal” is a smart, well-written show and definitely worth your time to watch. Thanks Lifetime!

9. Rachel says:

Super news!

10. ninergrl6 says:

Yes! Love this show for the summer!

11. Katy says:

I’m so glad that they were smart enough to realize that this one is a keeper. The best show they’ve ever had and could have hoped for. Critical acclaim for a Lifetime show? Lol a year ago people would be laughing at this notion, but not with UnReal in their realm.

12. Byron says:

This show is brilliant; intense storylines and fantastic performances. Having worked in the industry, I can also say it is quite realistic – sometimes sensationalistic, over-the-top and crazy ‘no, that wouldn’t happen’ also, but realistic in many aspects. So glad to hear that it will return. Do we know if they knew before filming the end of this season?

13. Nicole says:

So the contestants are different? While the main part of the reason i like the show is the behind-the-scene characters, i also like the Adam/Rachel dynamic. i feel like if she has that w each bachelor then it will feel cheesy…

• Chris says:

I don’t think that Adam (Freddie Stroma) will be back for season two of “UnREAL” since he’ll choose the one lucky female contestant to be his bride at the end of the first season, and he won’t end up with Rachel!

14. CoolCoolCool says:

Awesome news. Really well deserved.

15. Joey Padron says:

Good news! Season 1 been good so far!

16. ChrisGa says:

Surprisingly sharp and well-written show with some award-caliber work from Shiri Appleby and Constance Zimmer(who has some of the best dialogue on television this side of Taraji P. on Empire).

17. KB says:

So glad, I don’t like to watch the real bachelor/bachelorette shows but I really like this show. The cast is awesome.

18. Sarah_ says:

Yay!! I love this show :)

19. giana says:

Really hope they include some lead characters of color for season 2.

20. Tracy says:

I’m so happy to hear unreal will be back for season 2. Haven’t seen such backstabbing and manipulation in a very long time. Yahooooo

21. Holly S.Martin says:

Love Unreal.,so,glad,it was renewed!