TVLine Items: Days' Ava Returns, Jeremy Sisto Gets Wicked and More

Tamara Braun Days of Our Lives

One of Salem’s most unpredictable residents is popping back in for a visit.

Tamara Braun, who portrayed Mafia princess Ava Vitali on Days of Our Lives in 2008, will return for the soap’s upcoming 50th anniversary.

According to TVInsider, Braun will make her entrance in the Dec. 9 episode.

The actress, who won a Daytime Emmy Award in 2009 for her portrayal of Ava, has also appeared on the series as Taylor Walker, estranged sister of Nicole Walker.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Suburgatory alum Jeremy Sisto has been cast as male lead Detective Jack Roth in Wicked City, ABC’s upcoming crime drama about a Los Angeles murder case. He replaces Ripper Street‘s Adam Rothenberg, who played Jack in the original pilot.

* Melissa Leo (Wayward Pines) will co-star in HBO’s All the Way — an adaptation of Robert Schenkkan’s Tony-winning play — as Claudia Alta Taylor “Lady Bird” Johnson, wife of President Lyndon B. Johnson (Bryan Cranston), Deadline reports.

1. Elle says:

the automatic playing video kinda sucks

• Tony Lang says:

two words that will change your life: Ad Block.

• Bryce says:

My favorite is that if I’m on my iPhone listening to music and open TV Line the music stops because of how many crap ads have been added. And no, TV Line, you do not need to use my location for anything. There’s a way to keep necessary ads simply and unobtrusive and TV Line has stopped caring. Michael, Matt, do YOU guys like being on your own site?

2. LADY_in_MD says:

I love Jeremy Sisto “I can’t find my cranberries cd”
    I miss suburgatory I think he will play this role well he was good on the original law and order before it went off air

3. Jennifer says:

I haven’t watched Days for years now but bringing back Ava is a surprise. I love Tamara though so good for her.

4. wrstlgirl says:

Oh god. Ava was terrible, ick.

5. alistaircrane says:

Ava is a pointless return. Days should be bringing back real vets like Jack, Carrie, Austin, and Billie.

6. Mr. Tran K says:

Wonder if DAYS is considering possible returns for guys like Austin Peck (best known as Brad Snyder from ATWT) and perhaps Peter Reckell for the upcoming 50th anniversary.

7. dj says:

Loved Suburgatory..hopefully, he’ll get more than one season out of this show.

8. Tom H says:

damn glad to have Tamara returning to DAYS!!!!!!!!! Her character of Ava had a lot of chemistry with then roboJohn!!

GLAD to have her back!!

9. Patrice Gomez says:

This is my comment and want this character ej to come back to days if our lives and be with abby . Because this power couple to be together , I like them together . Can you please do it . I am fan of this Soap Opera .

• Pam says:

OK once again, EJ is suppose to be dead!! Now since this is a soap opera, it could become a possible thing to happen. Not like it hasn’t happened before!

10. It’s about time!!!! We miss her SOOOOOO MUCH!!! Now I can start watching it again. I can’t wait!

11. TAMARA BRAUN ROCKS!!!!! I can’t wait to see her beautiful face again!!!!! It’s about time!!! YAY!