Fall TV: Good Wife vs. Don Johnson, and Sunday's Other DVR Dilemmas

TV Calendar Fall 2015

The Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and with it comes exciting — sometimes excruciating — viewing choices. And the time to get dwelling on those DVR dilemmas is now.

RELATED Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 90+ Premiere Dates

For the past week, TVLine has presented you with the grids for each night’s fall line-up, including Big 5 fare and the likely cable competition. (Click for the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday polls.) You then vote for what you plan to watch “live” during each time slot.

(If you are forever hung up on my use of the word “live,” I invite/implore you to instead vote for your “Top Priority” in each time slot. Semantics solved!)
WTWsunday2015NOTES ABOUT THE SUNDAY GRID: Details on new shows (listed in RED) can be found at these links: Blood & Oil, Quantico.

RELATED Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What’s on When, Versus What

Want scoop on fall shows? Email insideline@tvline.com!

1. Alisha says:

Im wary about Quantico but I Love Priyanka Chopra so will watch it.. Hopefully it surprises me..

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I really, really enjoyed it, currently No. 1 on my Drama Pilot Rankings list. I know some site out there dubbed it “Grey’s Academy,” but to be even more accurate, it’s “How to Get Away With Treason.”

2. NP says:

I picked CBS shows but of course we won’t actually be watching them at the times listed because CBS hasn’t quite figured out what a schedule is

• dman6015 says:

Football is unpredictable, so you’ll have to live with modified start times throughout the Fall.

3. brandydanforth81 says:

Once Upon a Time

4. My says:

Does anyone with a DVD watch anything live anymore. I almost never do. For me, the questions should be which will I watch first, same day, or a later date. Does anyone at TV Line watch live, with commercials?

5. spindae2 says:

Once angain I’m ABC Sunday all night long + The Affair.

6. Once Upon a Time, The Good Wife, The Walking Dead…. Maybe will give Quantico a chance – it seems very interesting, but it should have been mid-season post-Scandal show – sundays at 10 on ABC, after a fairy-tale drama and a soap drama Dallas-style doesn’t quite match for a show that is basically early-Grey’s Anatomy (but with FBI agents) meets FlashForward – It just sounds ABC, it looks ABC, I hope it is good and if it is, it should succeed….

7. Bryce says:

All ABC for me on Sunday’s. Once Upon A Time, Blood and Oil, and Quantico. I’ll dvr Homeland and Last Man on Earth to watch later.

8. LK says:

9:00 is a real tough one.. walking dead, homeland, good wife and i have some interest in that blood & oil show… nee an extra dvr

9. Mr. Tran K says:

Still hooked on Homeland and I can’t wait for the new season. I’ll give Quantico a try even though it’s one of the best new dramas of the season and I think Blood & Oil is going to flop because it’s like a carbon copy of Dallas.

• Mr. Tran K says:

BTW, can someone give me facts about Priyanka Chopra?

• Sierra says:

She won Miss India in the 2000’s and then joined Bollywood to pursue acting, where she grew up the ranks to be a A list actress. She’s won a lot of awards and some of her movies are really good like Barfi (plays an autistic girl)or Mary Kom (plays a female boxer) etc. She’s a good dancer too, Youtube her songs.
        A recent movie of hers released, called Dil Dhadakne Do (Let the Heart Beat), which is a modern Indian family drama with Anil Kapoor in it too.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Thanks for the info Sierra. In my opinion, Priyanka Chopra is going to be one of the breakout stars of the Fall TV season.

10. Shaun says:

With Revenge done 10pm is a dead zone

11. ninergrl6 says:

Until the winter/spring shows start, OUAT is the only show I watch on Sundays (besides select football games, which don’t pose prime time conflicts for those of us on the west coast).

12. Hasan says:

Definitely I would like to try Quantico.

13. Kelly Deeny says:

For the first time in years, I won’t have anything to watch after OUAT. I’ll actually get to go to bed early. ;-)

14. abz says:

No matter what, The Good Wife is always the number one priority show for me every Sunday. I will stick with that amazing show till the end which I really hope isn’t near. Also, OUAT, The Walking Dead, and Homeland. Although I’m not too familiar with Arthurian mythology so I’m not sure how much I’ll be into this first half season of OUAT.

• dman6015 says:

Sorry, but ‘Once…’ is terrible. Fantasy-land crap of the first order. Probably watched by the same women who enjoyed ’50 Shades of Grey’.

• abz says:

Once is far from a perfect quality show, but I still find it entertaining at times and fun to watch and I like the characters/actors and some of the stories. And it’s watched by both women and men. No one is forcing you to watch it.

15. Lysh says:

I gif Once, so after that show I’m pretty much dedicated to the Internet for the rest of the night. But I might check out Quantico.

16. Steven says:

The Good Wife is still the show I most look forward to. DVRing Blood & Oil. I need a new guilty pleasure show.

17. Molly says:

What night did Bob’s Burgers move to?

18. N says:

Quantico…….I miss Revenge!

19. Missy Kelly says:

ABC (The All Bubble Company) has another line up of soap operas. Love Don Johnson, saw a trailer for the show yesterday and realized it was another soap. Yeah for CSI Cyber! Glad it’s coming back. OUAT, Good Wife, Cyber. Stopped watching that silly Tea Leoni saves the world after 3 episodes.

20. french5851 says:

no revenge… *sniffle*

21. JC1 says:

Well, I would have said OUAT. But since I’ve managed to muster up no interest at all on catching up on season 4B…..well. :(
    I might try out Quantico though. Maybe. Or I might just use Sunday to catch up on my DVR backlog.

22. Kris says:

Ouat, Blood and Oil, and Quantico will be what I watch!

23. Ginger Snap says:

The only thing I watch live is Sunday night football.

Everything else waits until some other day during the week.

I catch OUAT Monday morning.

24. Rehber Hayek says:

M gonna watch Quantico. Priyanka looks hot.

25. Joey Padron says:

The Simpsons, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Walking Dead, and Talking Dead live on Sundays. DVR Last Man on Earth and CSI:Cyber.

26. Bartimeus says:

Wow Sundays can be a catch up day for me. Aside from Quantico all of the shows that I either already like or intend to sample are things to save for a later time especially Blood and Oil, assuming that it survives after the pilot pretty sure will just marathon it here and there. And I’m seasons behind on OUAT and Good Wife. If cable is pretty dry on Sundays this fall as well it’ll probably just be a day for other things and like I said, catching up on other shows. Not a bad thing at all but it’s weird having so little must see TV on Sundays.

27. Fan of both says:

No question here – The Walking Dead and The Talking Dead for as long as they are both on TV.

28. therealmollyg says:

No doubts here: Simpsons+Brooklyn99+TWD!!!

29. Charlie says:

well i’m watching from the uk so nothing live, but the abc schedule looks pretty strong to me so its my top choice. closely followed by brooklyn nine nine and last man on earth!!

30. Margo says:

A HUGE Bollywood actress leading a major US network TV show, so stoked! Can’t wait for Quantico :)

31. ChicagoDan says:

Based on this, looks like SNF is going to get cancelled! :)

32. ajdito says:

Sunday at 9 is Homeland, no doubt.

33. I heart Zombies says:

8:00 I’ll be rewatching last week’s Walking Dead, 9:00 I’ll watch the new one, 10:00 will be Talking Dead.

Sunday is Zombie day!

34. Ally Oop says:

Sunday has the two new shows I’m most excited for: Blood & Oil + Quantico. I really like watching Bollywood movies on Netflix and I’ve seen plenty of Priyanka Chopra’s work and she’s great. I really like the trailers for both these series and hope that people tune in.

35. Khan says:

Sunday 10pm its definitely Quantico.

36. Annabelle says:

Some of these shows should move to Saturday prime time as there is never anything good on TV on Saturdays.

37. shar says:

I can’t wait to see Don Johnson on TV again. Looks like the show will be pretty good.