Ratings: Hannibal, Rookie, Beast Steady on Soft Holiday Eve; Dome Drops

Hannibal Cancelled Ratings

NBC’s Hannibal this week drew 1.3 million total viewers and a 0.4 rating, dipping to a new audience low yet one of only three Thursday programs to not drop in the demo on the pre-holiday evening.

Leading out of the Food Fighters season opener (3.2 mil/0.7), the already renewed Aquarius (2.4 mil/0.4) slipped 25 and 33 percent to new season lows.

Elsewhere….

ABC | Astronaut Wives (4.1 mil/0.7) and Mistresses (3.1 mil/0.6) each shed a few eyeballs plus a tenth in the demo, while Rookie Blue (3.7 mil/0.6) held steady.

CBS | Big Brother (5.8 mil/1.8) slipped 9 and 14 percent week-to-week, while Under the Dome (5.2 mil/1.0) dropped 18 and 23 percent from its season opener, to new series lows. At 8 pm, a Big Bang rerun (6.9 mil/1.3) drew the night’s largest audience.

FOX | Boom! (2 mil/0.7) was down 20 percent and two tenths from its debut; Wayward Pines (3.3 mil/1.0) slipped two tenths in the demo, tying its season low.

THE CW | Beauty and the Beast (930K/0.2) added some viewers while flat in the demo.

1. Erika says:

LOL all ratings are down.What’s going on?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Holiday weekend travel and what not. (TV usage was down 8 percent.)

• Erika says:

Well,Im not surprised that this year somehow Americans are watching more on the internet,like streaming(a la Netflix,Hulu,Amazon ect;)and piracy than watching TV these days.Sound like end of an era for TV high ratings.(Now a record low for TV ratings).

2. Dean says:

Has anyone else notice that every CBS tv show Marg Helgenberger has joined post CSI has gotten poor ratings.

3. Melora says:

Under the Dome has gotten so ridiculous now that its embarrassing.

4. Diane says:

I know at least 4 people who took off UTD off their DVDs, after last week’s episode.

5. sherry says:

I only saw bits and pieces of last night’s show, because I did not have to work Friday. It seems to me they are going to be going between realty and alternative realty. Who cares! It is getting stupid. The rest of the season I will just do recaps.

6. bigdede says:

Audrey on big brother said she is bringing in the ratings. I guess not

7. Boiler says:

I had 2 shows hoped to see this summer, Perception and Motive. I am guessing TNT and ABC may wish they had been smart enough to keep them around.

8. Alyssa says:

Under The Dome ratings aren’t surprising. I don’t find myself wanting more I can tell I wont reguarly watch this season. But Wayward Pines has been excellent, I find myself wanting more everytime it goes off.