Fall TV: Reign vs. Undateable vs. Race, and Friday's Other DVR Dilemmas

TV Calendar Fall 2015

The Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and with it comes exciting — sometimes excruciating — viewing choices. And the time to get dwelling on those DVR dilemmas is now.

RELATED Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 90+ Premiere Dates

All this week, TVLine is presenting you with the grids for each night’s fall line-up, including Big 5 fare and the likely cable competition. (Click for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday polls.) You then vote for what you plan to watch “live” during each time slot.

(If you are forever hung up on my use of the word “live,” I invite/implore you to instead vote for your “Top Priority” in each time slot. Semantics solved!)
TV Calendar Fall 2015NOTES ABOUT THE FRIDAY GRID: Details on new shows (listed in RED) can be found at these links: Dr. Ken, People Are Talking.

RELATED Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What’s on When, Versus What

Want scoop on fall shows? Email insideline@tvline.com!

1. Undateable and I might give Dr. Ken a shot…

2. webly3 says:

I might watch The Amazing Race or Masterchef Junior, but that’s it for Friday.

3. thisismenow says:

Dr. Ken, Grimm and Dateline are the only Friday shows so far. I hope Haven is tossed on Fridays.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

Hawaii Five-0. Really hope they get rid of Chin Ho’s “evil” brother since that season ending cliffhanger. On the other hand, People Are Talking and Dr. Ken are going to flop big time.

5. brandydanforth81 says:

Reign,Top Model for me with dvr catchup before

6. JC1 says:

Hawaii Five-0 is my only Friday show, and I’m so happy it was renewed. I hope Catherine sticks around.
    I used to love Grimm, but unless they somehow manage to fix/erase what happened in the last few episodes of last season, I’m out for good. :(

7. Missy Kelly says:

it’s catch up night for me – don’t watch any of these shows – only Hawaii 5-0

8. Jennifer says:

Last Man Standing, toss up between Dr. Ken & People are Talking – both seemed ok, so I’ll give them a chance (Still miss The Neighbors). But 9 & 10 are H50 and Blue Bloods. Love Love Love.

9. zac says:

Really enjoyed Undateable’s live episode/ Might check Dr. ken

10. Dude says:

Reign. That’s it.

11. Mary says:

Hmm. Looks like 5 nights of nothing to watch at 9 (ct) adds up to nothing at all on Friday evenings.

12. N says:

Shark tank

13. DJ Doena says:

Nothing. I watch everything illegally over the internet and then buy the DVDs if I enjoy the show.

14. Mel Tremaine says:

REIGN. …always & dvr it for later viewing for friends

15. Bill says:

Same Fridays I’ve had for awhile now- H50, Blue Bloods, Grimm and Last Man Standing…. all on DVR

16. Belle says:

Ugh, why did they move “Reign” to Friday where shows go to die?!!??!!! Not happy about that schedule change at all! I wish they’d put an end to ANTM already, this show got old 5 years ago.
    DVR to watch later, eh only Undateable…I will checkout Dr. Ken and People are Talking for a few episodes. The whole fall lineup is questionable, TPTB are shooting themselves in the foot – I mean what are they thinking????

• brandydanforth81 says:

First Top Models still on because it does well in syndication,online viewing,internationally & is cheap.Thers still people like me that still like it too,
      Second,Fri better for Reign than getting cancelled or moving to midseason/summer so Reign got the best/luckiest option there.Fri has lower ratings expectations so that might actually help Reign survive.It was moved to Fri to get away from Scandal,because Reigns older skewing & Fri is for older skewing shows and cause its ratings are too low to justify any other night for it. Plus,itll await shirt syndication there like Nikita/HoD of 70ish episodes.Instead if composing about it moving to Fri,be thankful it was renewed cause ratings wise it was very lucky to be.

• Ben says:

If Friday is where shows go to die, why have so many of these shows survived on Fridays for years?

• ninergrl6 says:

Reign doesn’t have an obvious companion show, and CW only has 10 hours of primetime programming a week, so there weren’t a whole lot of options. Personally I would’ve preferred it on Mondays (or Sundays if CW started airing original programming then), but I hope Friday won’t be the kiss of death for Reign. I love it SO MUCH.

17. Ram510 says:

Last Man Standing vs. Undateable is tough for me. Prolly will watch ABC comedies first. I don’t know what I’ll watch first out of Top Model and Grimm, both are shows I don’t care that much about.

18. GeoDiva says:

Wow… Friday really sucks!

19. meatwad says:

i’ll watch/dvr the four sitcoms

20. ninergrl6 says:

Reign has always been a must-watch-live show for me, but now that it’s on Fridays that will be nearly impossible because I have work conflicts most Friday nights. It’s still my #1 priority though…for as long as it lasts — anyone know if it got a full season order? All of a sudden Friday is my most filled tv night! (In order of importance: Reign, Grimm, TAR, Blue Bloods)

• Isobel says:

I think it got 22 episodes, CW will want to try and syndicate it

• brandydanforth81 says:

Reign episode order is unknown/unclear:CW didn’t confirm it,the Candain production company said in Feb it got a full season but recent production dates-June 30-Dec 2-indicate it got less than a full season.

21. chuckiechk says:

Reign, Five-0, and Z Nation!

22. Imzadi says:

I love both Grimm and Hawaii Five-0; however, H5-0 is a bright show–lots of sunshine and much more suitable for watching at night alone than Grimm (husband doesn’t watch either one). I watch Grimm in broad daylight. I would watch Last Man Standing if I liked the show after it; so I will watch Reign. Blue Bloods–no contest at all.

However, these are all moot if there’s a Nats game. . .

23. Sheldon W. says:

Out of the entire Big Four Friday schedule, the only thing I’ll be watching is Grimm.

24. kay says:

I’m glad I finally have something to watch @ 8pm (Reign) though I don’t know that it’s a good thing for the show’s future.
    Hawaii Five-O and Blue Bloods have always been what I watch on Fridays.

25. Ally Oop says:

I’m definitely gonna watch Reign but other than that, only Masterchef Junior will be watched on Fridays.

26. ninergrl6 says:

One thing working in Reign’s favor is that it’s the only drama (and semi-scifi) show in its time slot. Maybe getting it away from the Thursday drama juggernaut will be beneficial. *fingers and toes crossed*

27. delfiteblu says:

My main problem is with honesty. I always WATCH Dateline and DVR Blue Bloods because I love Blue Bloods and like to have it to watch after the news. Wish they’d put either Dateline or Grimm back as the early show because there really ISN’T a network show I want to watch during the first timeslot. Much better when Dateline is early Either way I’ll be watching them both.

28. TGIF says:

Reign, Grimm, ZNation

29. Jake says:

Grimm, then BBs, DVR 5-0 for the wife.

30. Marilyn says:

I love Undateables, the funniest show on TV! What a great cast!

31. Ann hrit says:

Love amazing race! Never miss it!

32. ONLY REIGN for my Friday nights. DVR the other stuff!