Fatal Attraction Event Series: 20 Actors Who'd Bring the Heat (and the Crazy) to Fox's Thriller Remake

We’re not sure if an innocent bunny will meet a wet, hot, unfortunate fate during Fox’s event-series remake of the 1987 big-screen thriller Fatal Attraction, but this much is certain: Whoever takes on the roles originated by Glenn Close and Michael Douglas will need to exhibit intense sexual chemistry — and an undercurrent of unhinged volatility.

Theres’s plenty of time for the network to fill the roles — news of the adaptation, written and executive-produced by Mad Men‘s Maria and Andre Jacquemetton — only broke on Wednesday. But our brains are already swimming with potential leads for the project.

Could a Good Wife grad fill Close’s woman-scorned boots? What about a Southland star to take on Douglas’ suburban dad? We’ve cooked up a list of 10 ladies and 10 guys who’ve got the potential to make Fatal Attraction unmissable.

Click through the gallery below to see our picks — or click here for direct access — then hit the comments with your own suggestions!

1. Mr. Tran K says:

In my opinion, Nina Dobrev would be great to take over the Glenn Close role and she would not be ignored.

2. Dude says:

I feel like this needs to be actors in their 40s to work. They should be looking at movie actors who haven’t been getting great work lately. Eva Mendes could work.

3. liv says:

Chris Meloni and Gillian Anderson…

• Kvivik says:

I agree with Chris Meloni…but my female lead would be Archie Panjabi. There were several women in the list that I could see playing batsh*t crazy.

4. Old school says:

Ryan Phillipe and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

5. Fabian says:

I would love to see SMG. She can play crazy so well as evidenced by Cruel Intentions and Ringer.

6. jasie says:

Interesting list. I could see Josh Holloway and would love to see Jessalyn Gilsig in a role like this. She played crazy obsessed in Nip/tuck as Gina and this would take it to the extreme.

7. Ashbash says:

Anna Camp and Patrick Dempsey or Hayden Pantierre and Geoff Stultz

8. Jooshua says:

Christopher Meloni and Natalie Zea! Please let that casting happen. If not, I think Patrick Dempsey and Sarah Michelle Gellar sounds like it could be fun!

9. fatalsin says:

He isnt on here but JR Bourne! I dont know about the woman role… someone who can do crazy really well tho..

10. Kate says:

I wonder what was the criteria for choosing those names? To answer you question – none of them. I honestly think Gillian Anderson would be a great choice. Her and Mads Mikkelsen. I would def watch that!

11. Martin says:

Anna Camp would be good…but I think, and maybe too young, Jessica Lowndes would be great for the part. She can play crazy soooo well…evidenced by 90210 & the recent A Deadly Adoption

12. Mille says:

Archie Panjabi as Glenn Close, Patrick Dempsey as the man and Sarah Michelle Gellar as the wife… YESSS would watch all day every day.

13. Oscar says:

Sarah Michelle Gellar would do a stupendous job. As for the male role…maybe Josh Holloway?

14. Emily says:

I’ve been dreaming of Michael Vartan coming back to my TV since Alias went off the air years ago! I’d watch him in anything!

15. EJ says:

God, I hate these frigging galleries.

16. lrdslvrhnd says:

Geoff Stults was my first thought, I’m glad to see him on your list.

I don’t know why you wasted a spot on Patrick Dempsey; if he wanted to continue acting, he wouldn’t have left Grey’s.

When I saw Sarah Michelle Geller, I said “Yesssss.” Her and Stults would get me to watch this.

17. matty says:

Equally important is who would play the wife role originated by Anne Archer. Fatal Attraction is at its best a movie with three leads. Especially in the climactic final moments.

18. Josephine says:

Oh hell yeah Chris Meloni!! Omg! Perfection! And I would love either Anna Camp or Eva Mendes in the Glenn Close role. (not people, NOT Mariska Hargitay)

• Josephine says:

*no people, NOT Mariska Hargitay – sorry for the typo! And I also believe that the two chosen ones should have chemistry and that is not learned, you have it or you don’t….so for heaven’s sake please screentest the pair – because they can individually sizzle but fall flat together. Chris Meloni is my pick and based on that I think either Eva Mendes or Archie Panjabi would be hot with him. Anna Camp I love too – but she’d be too young for Chris – although that could work to in a sense because obsessives can be any age.

19. Meghan says:

Absolutely yes to Chris Meloni! He could bring the heat and the intensity to this role! Would love to see him back on TV!

20. niloofar says:

Chris Meloni would be perfect.

21. AnnieM says:

Chris Meloni & Marcia Cross. Not sure who I’d cast in the Anne Archer role.

22. Jen says:

Anna Camp and Josh Holloway. Anna was great in True Blood. And Josh Holloway, well, he’s Josh Holloway…

23. Nick says:

I would recommend Sarah Michelle Gellar and Chris Meloni, people below are commenting Anna Camp, but she’s not that type of actress to replace Glenn Close, Sarah is. Plus we already saw Sarah as cruel b*tch in Cruel Intentions, so roles like Alex Forrest is her type of roles. Sarah obv