Melrose Place 'Unauthorized' Tell-All Movie in the Works at Lifetime

Melrose Place Lifetime Movie

As if it wasn’t bad enough that Melrose Place has been dropped from Netflix (as of July 1), the iconic Fox drama is about to be dragged through the mud by Lifetime.

The network — already responsible for spinning the “unauthorized” tales of Full House and Saved by the Bell — is preparing to give viewers a behind-the-scenes look at the Darren Star-created series, which ran for 226 episodes from 1992 to 1999. (That’s where the saga ended, by the way. Despite what you’ve heard, there was never a short-lived reboot on The CW starring Katie Cassidy.)

Although The Unauthorized Melrose Place Story has yet to receive a premiere date, its announcement arrives on the heels of Lifetime tackling Beverly Hills, 90210, of which Melrose was a spinoff.

But as long as this is unavoidable, let’s talk casting: Which actors and actresses should step into the legendary roles of Heather Locklear, Marcia Cross and Grant Show, among others? Drop a comment with your every thought, no matter how crazy, below. (Don’t forget, this is Melrose Place we’re talking about here.)

1. A says:

waiting for unauthorized Glee story

2. Will says:

C’mon Unauthorized The OC movie!!

3. Steven says:

YES! Really excited for this one. I’m sure Ausiello is too as I remember he liked Melrose. Hopefully they continue the Spelling streak with Charmed.

4. steven says:

Enough of these unauthorized stories already!

5. Win says:

I’m not even going to try to fantasy cast this, because Lifetime has a penchant for going for some of the most random individuals in looks and acting prowess (when it comes to likeness and/or selling the character).

• Jeri says:

I agree with you about the casting choices, however, out of boredom I watched one horrible casting choice movie and although there was no resemblance in looks, the story really had the “feel & heart” of the original actor down. Now I give the shows a shot just in case They’re sure putting them out like they’re factory made. This is a mixed endorsement for sure, just wanted to mention my reaction.

6. scott21 says:

I want unauthorized Charmed!!!! Please :)

7. BrightLight says:

*patiently waits for The Unauthorized The Facts of Life Story”

8. Winter says:

LIfetime please I’m begging you just stop.

9. Enough of this unauthorized crap, Lifetime!!!! Go back to teen girl got problems/runaways/murders movies!!!! Hell, do another miniseries that was done recently like The Red Door!!!!!

10. Phil says:

I think I am the only one in the world who enjoyed the new Melrose Place on CW! Katie Cassidy rocked as Elle!

11. Carol says:

I think Courtney Thorne-Smith should play Courtney Thorne-Smith because the woman does not age.

12. matty says:

HMMM this could be very good or very bad…

13. matty says:

Emily Van Camp for Allison Parker/Courtney Thorne Smith please!

I hope they get some of the original cast to make cameos, as doubtful as that is…

I really want to know who they get to play Aaron Spelling.

Also, cast members from the original 90210 appeared in the Melrose pilot, hopefully Lifetime realizes this and uses the same actors from their 90210 movie in the melrose movie in this capacity.

14. Fernanda says:

in this unauthorized movie everyone loved Heather because thanks to her the show survived for more years.. maybe the real drama was the struggles between Darren Starr and Aaron Spelling for the tone of the show and not only the adult version of 90210 as the first season.

The known gossips for the show:
    – The Hunter Tylo lawsuit to Aaron Spelling
    – Laura Leighton and Grant Show romance and later Doug Savant get the girl
    – Both Lisa Rinna and Heather Locklear got pregnant on season 6 changing the schedules of the show
    – The real life romance between Andrew Shue and Courtney Thorne Smith (they denied it)
    – Where is Rhonda and Sandy?
    – Josie Bissett working with her husband twice, at the beginning and the end of the show (her former husband Rob Estes played two characters: Sam and Kyle)

my guilty pleasure is now another unauthorized Lifetime movie

15. Im lepsza współpraca między tymi działami, tym lepiej i dla agencji reklamowej, i dla korzystających z
    jej usług klientów.

16. DaneTheGr8 says:

Oh please Lifetime, do an “Unauthroized Charmed Story” too please!

17. Nayshimi says:

Whats next 90210 or that is already in the works?

18. Vonda George says:

I love Melrose,,, love,, loved,,,!!!!!!!! I wish was still on TV,,,, Definitely do. A movie would be good with original cast,!!!!! Please put back on TV,,,,, the reruns ,,,!!!!!!!