Ratings: Whispers Slips to Season Lows

Whispers Ratings

ABC’s The Whispers — which finally tacked on a revealing scene that actually had been in the series’ original pilot — drew 3.4 million total viewers and a 0.8 rating this Monday, down 13 percent and two tenths to season lows.

Opening ABC’s night, The Bachelorette (6.6 mil/1.9) dipped a tenth.

Over on NBC, American Ninja Warrior (6.7 mil/1.9) and The Island (3.4 mil/1.1) each added a few eyeballs plus a tenth in the demo.

Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance (3.3 mil/0.9) was steady week-to-week, but versus last year’s callbacks episode was down 25 and 36 percent.

1. Kate says:

Whispers is on my DVR, Teen Wolf owns my Mondays at ten and I have a whole set up that I haven’t fully worked out where I can ff through most commercials. The Whispers will likely help me do that on Tuesdays now.

2. Gerald says:

Sorry The Whispers you got put on the DVR so I could watch Teen Wolf live.

3. EJ says:

I gave up on The Whispers after two episodes. It just wasn’t drawing me in as much as I liked the basic premise. Milo Ventimiglia just doesn’t do it for me as a seris lead, either.

4. thisismenow says:

Lily Rabe needs to sprint back to AHS now.

5. wrstlgirl says:

The Whispers is an okay show but not great. I love Milo Ventimiglia and Barry Sloane so that makes it worth watching IMO.

6. Boiler says:

I watched CBS reruns. The taste of the viewing public never ceases to amaze me, in a bad way. Whispers drops while other junk went up??

• hud says:

Boller, the majority of the shows reviewed on this site would lead me to believe the only taste some viewers have is in their mouth. Look at me I can sing, dance, live off the land, etc. The word quality seldom figures in.

7. Ken says:

What was the tacked on scene that was originally in the pilot?

• Chris says:

I think it was the final scene of last night’s episode where Wes dug up the big blue glowing rock (which could be Drill) in the African dessert. Am I right, Matt?

8. Pat says:

I am really enjoying the Whispers. It is a good summer show for me, along with Major Crimes and Murder in the First, which ends up on my DVR.

9. Valerie T says:

Whispers has been such a disappointment. I’m still watching, but only because those kids are all so darn cute.

10. James says:

Not enough sympathetic characters to gain much vicarious enjoyment from the show, a stronger atmosphere of conspiracy like X Files would have helped as well.