Degrassi's Original Cast Reunites for Farewell Special — See the Photos

Degrassi Reunion

This is one high school reunion to which we’d definitely R.S.V.P.

Degrassi: The Next Generation‘s past and present is colliding this week as TeenNick films It Goes There: Degrassi‘s Most Talked-About Moments, a retrospective special airing July 31 (8/7c) in conjunction with the long-running drama’s series finale. (The follow-up series, Degrassi: Next Class, hits Netflix in 2016.)

Among the stars in attendance: Stacey Farber (Ellie), Lauren Collins (Paige), Shane Kippel (Spinner), Jake Epstein (Craig), Charlotte Arnold (Holly J.), Miriam McDonald (Emma), Ana Golja (Zoe), Annie Clark (Fiona), Aislinn Paul (Clare), Jordan Todosey (Adam), Luke Bilyk (Drew) Paula Brancati (Jane) and Raymond Ablack (Sav). Naturally, Adamo Ruggiero (Marco) served as host.

Photos are still trickling in — we’ll be updating our gallery as more are tweeted, Instagram’d, etc. — but from what we’ve seen so far, this special is going to be epic.

Browse photos of the cast reuniting below, then drop a comment: Which talked-about moments are you hoping to see highlighted in the TeenNick special?

1. Spignejr says:

Noticeably absent: Shenae Grimes (Darcy), Nina Dobrev (Mia), and Aubrey “Drake” Graham (Wheelchair Jimmy) who all got their starts on Degrassi but stopped giving a sh!t because they gained more fame than anyone else post Degrassi.

2. kate says:

Where’s Drake/Aubrey?

3. nickspace says:

Surprised Cassie Steele (Manny) was not in attendance, considering she and Miriam were on the show longer than any of these other cast members and she had (if I’m remembering correctly) the first abortion storyline of The Next Generation era. Either way, looking forward to watching this!

4. J says:

Drake or it didn’t happen.

• "A" Has Returned says:

Wow, after Drake becomes huge people begin to pretend he was the center of the show. Well guess what? He wasn’t. And still isn’t. He was apart of a large ensemble.

5. John says:

There are so many missing faces. Hopefully they will pop up in some way shape or form. I would love to hear from (using character names) Terri! Sean! Ashley! Toby! JT!!!! Jimmy (yes.) Darcy! Mia! Rick! Etc.

6. "A" Has Returned says:

“Series finale”. As Stephen and co. said, its not a “series finale” just because its ending on Teen Nick/MTV Canada. D:NC is season 15 (same show, different subtitle like seasons 10-14, and different networks). -_-

7. Mollytanner says:

Liberty?

8. alistaircrane says:

Laaaaame. I don’t want to see the cast chatting, I want to see them in character again. Also, please reunite Joey Jeremiah and Caitlin!!!!

9. Joey Padron says:

happy most of cast have reunited for special! can’t wait to see it at end of July!

10. Dude says:

No Drake though…or Nina Dobrev or Shenae Grimes or, you know, anyone that experienced moderate success in the USA.

11. Dude says:

Why does Miriam McDonald look like Rachel Dolezal?

12. Allison says:

I am clearly old as I thought they meant the original original cast, from like 25 years ago when I used to watch Degrassi Junior High. Ha!

• Jeannie says:

I had the same thought! I was looking for Snake and Wheels and Joey! I don’t even know who these people are! (So yes, we are old!)

• Bizzle says:

Awwwe! Had such a crush on Snake. Thought he was going to be on but, no. 😢

• Jellymoff says:

He’s still on the show. He’s the principal I think.

• Tiffany says:

He’s still on the show he’s the principal. Plus the odegrassI the next generation all the main teens from degrass Jr high are still in it they are they adults in the show spike and snake are married and spikes daughter Emma is a main character

13. Lynne says:

I really hope we get more of the original cast soon. I watched this from the beginning *and just bought the dvd releases of season 1-6* and it would be awesome to see everyone back together again after all these years. Obviously Aubrey *oops I mean Drake* isnt going to show up but if we could get Melissa, Daniel, Jake, Sarah, Christina, Ryan and Cassie, it would be beyond amazing!!

14. Sheila says:

What constitutes “original cast”? Marco & Ellie weren’t around when the series started.

• Lynne says:

I’ve thought about that. Personally for me, the original cast is the first two seasons, so that would include Ellie, Marco and Craig. Others may say the original cast is only those that were in the first season, which is technically true. But because Ellie and the guys were integrated so quickly into the cast when they started and they were there for so long, its hard for me to think of the originals without including them.

• Ally Oop says:

I think of the originals as anyone who was in the junior high age episodes when they were in Grades 7 and 8 in the first 26 episodes. So yes, I consider Marco and Ellie originals.

• Moi says:

Exactly! When I read “original cast”, I was expecting Manny, Liberty, JT, Toby, Sean, Ashley, and Terri (no Jimmy, obviously) and got way too excited. All of these articles are way too misleading.

15. Ash says:

But but where are J.T and Liberty??

• Moi says:

IKR? I have this horrible feeling that the special is going to gloss over their tragic relationship and focus on Cam and Maya, who knew each other for about five minutes. They really should have been invited, seeing as how they were one of the show’s most popular couples and the most tragic one.

16. Mick says:

No Andrea Lewis either, I guess after the comments she made about the racism on set I wouldn’t come back either.

17. How does Jordan show up when her character is dead??

18. Moi says:

LOL at everybody wanting Mia to appear. She was a pretty unpopular character.

19. Adrienne says:

If they don’t discuss Dylan and Marco’s first kiss I think I might just cry. That was my favorite scene from all 14 seasons!

20. Dangg of all the people not on this list I would love it if Mike Lobel was on it. Jay Hogart… He is awesome.

21. Emma&Sean4Ever says: