The Bachelorette Recap: Cry, Cry, Baby

Is the current season of The Bachelorette sponsored by Kleenex? If not, it absolutely should be — especially after Monday’s episode.

The two-hour installment, which began with a tense conversation between Shawn and Kaitlyn, went on to become a full-blown cryfest — and not just on Kaitlyn’s part. A handful of suitors also shed quite a few tears, particularly two men who were unceremoniously eliminated in the middle of their dates.

Of course, most of the episode was dedicated to Shawn’s continued jealousy over the other contestants and their connection to Kaitlyn. That resulted in not one, not two, but three heart-to-hearts between Shawn and his potential wife, in which Kaitlyn attempted to calm Shawn’s anxieties (while also reminding him that dating multiple guys is exactly what The Bachelorette is supposed to do.)

Click through our gallery below — or click here for direct access — to see the highlights from Monday’s dramatic episode, then hit the comments and tell us: Which suitor is currently your favorite?

1. DR says:

Can whiny/needy Shawn please just leave already? I can’t take much more of his “not sure I can do this” comments anymore! Also, can we just have her eliminate Ben H and make him the new Bachelor?!? He is just so adorable and good for him for calling Kaitlyn out!

• Timmah says:

I can’t believe Shawn is still there. I thought being whiny and desperate is supposed to make you less attractive, not more. Maybe Shawn is disproving that theory?

2. Elsa says:

Your photo-recap is so much fun, thank you!!

I am still rooting for Shawn. And Ben Z. for next Bachelor (I want Ben H. for myself)!!

• Nick Is Vile says:

I enjoyed the recap too, although I will defend Kaitlyn’s driving. They drive on the opposite side of the road in Ireland than North America. Many US / Canadian drivers find the hardest part isn’t driving on the left, but steering from the right. Your instinct is to put yourself on the left side of your lane, which means you may spend your first day or two constantly drifting off the road to the left.

3. Marci says:

Wow she let a great man go Ben Z he was the one! What a mistake! Hope he’s the next Bachelor would love to see that!

4. Nick Is Vile says:

Ben H.,Ben Z. or Jared for next Bachelor. PLEASE, NO more Nick.

5. Tennisnsun says:

Best to pay attentiion to what Kaitlyn does rather than what she says because she changes her mind every other minute. If she truly didn’t want to hurt Shawn anymore she should have sent him home. With Nick and Shawn being one of the chosen few it’s only a matter of time before Nick proudly spills the beans to Shawn about his hookup with Kaitlyn. More tears!

6. BPark07 says:

I’m pretty positive the final two are Nick and Shawn…i’m just wondering if she’ll keep Jared or Ben H for the overnights

7. wrstlgirl says:

Hahahaha, these comments are funny. I’ve read the spoilers and having done so the outcome of this season is so obvious. It’s like there are only two guys that even matter, the rest are just background noise. Don’t cry Chris, you dodged a huge bullet. He’s the only one who has Kaitlyn figured out. I only wish he said it to her and not the camera.

8. Ginger Snap says:

Don’t usually watch these shows. Caught this episode when Hulu pulled it up on Auto play. Are any of these people for real?
    Don’t know why Shawn is so “in love” with Kaitlyn. She is a mess. Sleeps with Nick, then frets that he’s gonna tell. Meanwhile, the whole thing was filmed for TV.
    What a nitwit.

9. Gerri says:

PLEASE DON”T MAKE SHAWN THE NEXT BACHELOR!!! You can clearly see he is too needy, and I wish the producers would give him less screentime. I didn’t think JJ was the best suitor by far, but his exit interview was on the nose saying Kaitlin doesn’t know what she wants and is not ready for a real relationship. If some predictions are right she won’t choose anyone in the end. I liked Tanner too, but he knew he wan’t the one, he was more of a mediator. Funny how he didn’t even get an exit interview that aired. I wanted to hear his thoughts when he left.

10. Amy J says:

That photo-recap was -hilarious-. Keep up the sass. Though I did feel sorry for Cupcake Chris – he really is the whole package and called it on Kaitlyn. She’s a sweet girl, but still caught up in thinking that love and romance is synonymous with drama and angst.

11. Ceecee says:

I think Shawn is a stalker, insecure, and Kaitlyn may need protection from him in the end. He seems very needy and demands attention. I also can’t believe she let Ben Z go. I would think her next possible choice should be Ben H but I’m sure that won’t happen. I don’t trust Jared I think he’s acting and going through the motions. I’m not going to get started on Nick…waste of time.