NeNe Leakes Parts Ways With Bravo's The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Saturday Night Live Hosts

The Real Housewives of Atlanta is going to be down one catfighter.

NeNe Leakes will not return for Season 8 of the Bravo reality series, People reports.

“This was definitely a hard decision for me,” Leakes tells the site. “Me and my husband [Gregg Leakes] have been going back and forth on it for weeks now. But my contract is up and I just think this is the right time. This is my opportunity to spread my wings and do different things.”

“I feel a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders,” continues the reality star, who has been part of the show since its premiere.

Leakes — who ventured into acting with roles on Glee and The New Normal — adds that she will still “probably pop up and play with those girls [on Atlanta] every now and then.”

Will you miss NeNe’s presence on Real Housewives of Atlanta? Sound off below!

1. mblack25 says:

Time for the queen to move on from them vultures! Nene will do just fine because she is a star! Love her forever!!!!!!

2. misseducatuon says:

Nope..Im sifk of her

3. misseducatuon says:

Nope..Im sick of her

4. Volsgal says:

Thank goodness!!! This is long overdue – the show will be worth watching again!!!! Please don’t let her come back for visits!!!

• thecookiegueen says:

Yeah,yeah she’s gone,!,, I’m glad that she is leaving finally that loud mouth woman always thought the louder she screams of better she was thank you now I can watch the show in peace yes

• misery chick says:

Yeah, I stopped watching in Season 3 ‘cuz Nene was unbearable to watch.

Last night I read Kim Fields (Tootie from ‘Facts Of Life’) is coming to Atlanta next season, soooooo with Nene out, Kim in, I’m gonna check it out!

5. Lizo says:

I’m glad she’s going to be exploring more acting roles. She’s got the talent for it, so being able to hone that will be good. I’m eager to see where she goes next.

6. Sarita Brooks says:

YES WE WILL MISS HER. THE SHOW PROBABLY WILL NOT LAST TOO MUCH LONGER! CHEMISTRY GONE.

7. RN81 says:

Forget it… No fun without her!

8. cornelius james says:

Transformed from reality started to Bride of Frankenstein. Sad ! She even went as low as possible when she threatened Dr.Gardere’s medical license. Even seem to be afraid of her own shadow! Good riddance,and don’t worry to close the door behind you,we Wil permanently close it on you,Miss I am Rich and soon to be poor. Sad !

9. charlotte. a.mcdaniel@gmail says:

I will not be watching the show…. Nene was the only reason I watched….good luck to her

10. craig says:

First Brandi gets fired, then NBC cuts ties with Trump, now Nene’s gone. I am so happy.

11. jennifer says:

Yea cause Basketball wifes MZ OR MIZZ JAKEE is going to catch up with you

12. Matty Si. says:

I’m not surprised at all by this. The past couple reunions she hasn’t wanted to have any part of any drama. And last season she was barely there. I think the next season will be the first season of any Housewives franchise that an original cast member isn’t a part of. OC has Vicky, BH has Kyle and Lisa, NYC has Ramona and LuAnn, I haven’t heard anything about Miami, and I’m sure Teresa will be back on NJ when she gets out of jail, that and Dina is back.

Nene is success outside of the Housewives. She doesn’t need the show anymore. Besides, she has that spin-off happening with Kim Zolciak soon.

13. Jerry says:

Nene was the only reason I watched. I won’t be watching anymore…

14. Donna says:

I will not watch the show since Nene has decided to leave, wish you well Nene Leakes.

15. Diana says:

Thank God. I couldn’t be happier .

16. K. Perry says:

I must say glad she is going. She is always the victim in her eyes. If your against her you’re the target. She never gets along with anyone. You see she has a problem with everyone even the doctor. I don’t understand why anyone could care to be around a person like her. And how anyone could have her on any show. She is truly a bully.

17. K. Perry says:

Also forgot to say in order to have a friend you need to be a friend. She wants puppets as friends not real people that challenge her. She could not get along with the original cast with Kim over a record. With candy because candy didn’t back down or any of the others. It’s about time some of them pulled out of her web and saw her for what she was and opened their mouths. I say bravo to bravo. Don’t dislike her just don’t think she’s a nice person. She’s an opportunistic and when she didn’t get on that song with Kim you knew it would be the devil to pay.

18. nicky says:

No!!!!!! I will not miss her. About time!!!!!!