Bitten Season 3 Picked Up at Syfy

Bitten Renewed Season 3

Syfy is taking another bite of Bitten.

The cabler has acquired the Canadian supernatural series’ third season, our sister site Variety reports.

RELATED Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

The Canadian broadcaster Space renewed the werewolf drama in March.

The 10-episode third season will air in the United States on Syfy in 2016.

1. Dean says:

Not surprised but stll nice to see the official okay.

2. Jen Gossel says:

that is way to long to wait and only 10 eps thats it why :(

3. Diz says:

I really enjoyed season 1 but I didn’t understand season 2 at all.

4. Anne says:

Scifi channel dropped a couple of good shows for this junk.

5. Winter says:

Yay! This show is terrible but I love it so much.

6. hud says:

L.V. should get out of this mess asap. Take her youth and good looks and put them to better use. Kaley Cuoco for example. moderate talent. The look is what sells it.

• Jimmy says:

Yeah, she seems stuck in genre television hell since taking on Kara Zor-El in Smallville.

• acurat says:

Laura Vandervoot is sort of stuck taking on action roles because of her lifelong training in karate. She is a second degree black belt I believe, and if you watch closely, many of the fights mirror her training. To a lesser degree she used it on Smallville as well. Actresses like her do get hired for their look, but they also get hired for their athleticism for these kind of roles (another actress who does this as well is Yvonne Stohovski on Chuck and 24, as well to a lesser degree Dexter).

7. antisocialbutterflie says:

I wonder what they are doing for the third season. If I recall correctly, the third Kelley Armstrong book was about Paige.

8. meatwad says:

glad to see it is being renewed. still have the second season on the dvr for summer viewing, guess it’s time to watch it

9. EJ386 says:

awesome news. Love this show, are there more people from the book universe coming to the show? I want to see Paige and Lucas and Jeremy and Jaimy.

10. Sunny says:

Hopefully they’ll get off the witch storyline and get back to the heart of the show–the werewolf pack. The whole witch storyline really made the show unwatchable to me.
    I loved the first season so much, but the a sophomore move that most supernatural shoemaker by adding another variety of supernatural to the show. Thinking that will add interest, it always feels force and takes away from the core story that drew you in for the first season.

• safistikaytdlayd says:

I totally agree Sunny!!! the saying is “if its not broke, don’t fix it”!! I loved season 1 but not a fan of season 2! I loved the way Elena and Clay’s (that man is gorgeous!!!) relationship grew and the explanation of the family bond the pack had created (Especially the last episode of season 1, talk about teamwork!!!). I hope they can focus more on the pack this season, but glad they renewed it!!

• antisocialbutterflie says:

This is where the book versus show debate comes into play. While not an exact match by any means, the first two seasons have kept all the basic plot elements of the first two Kelley Armstrong books. Elena and the pack get relegated to B- and C-plot characters, if they show up at all, from book 3 onward. If they stick with the books, the next season is almost entirely centered around Paige. If they don’t ditch the book plots, the TV-only viewers are going to be seriously peeved. Basically they are going to end up ostracizing half of their fan base either way. This season seems like a no-win situation.

• acurat says:

But they could skip to a later book where Elena becomes the narrator again. You are right, I noticed this as well. Season 3 is my guess to be its last unless the book readers give it a break and watch it when it most likely diverges from the books.

11. Sadie says:

Why only ten episodes??! Hope kelley Armstrong doesn’t let them deviate from the books too much, loving this show so far! On one hand it’s no comparison to the books on the other it’s done certain things that make it better than the books, like the whole mess with Malcolm lol So happy they “took care of him” in the show!!

12. william booth says:

why so long to get season 3 and only 10 episodes why this is a great show

13. Aaliyah Aalaam says:

I love this show, spent several hours getting caught up on episodes from season 1 & 2. I can’t wait. for next year’s season 3. This is one of my favorite shows, thank you for bringing it back.” So sorry, Logan died, hope to see his “baby son, be born. Rachel the baby’s mother.

14. isosim says:

If they can do a decent wrap up for the show in 10 episodes good. To drag it out would be a tragedy.

15. Mere says:

Thank the Lord!!!! Need to know what happens

16. Pat McManus says:

I cannot wait for this show to come back

17. joanne macri says:

i absolutely love bitten. I cant wait to see it again for 2016. I miss it as soon as it goes off.please never cancel it.

18. Kathy Busick says:

Why no season 4 everyone loves it My Life counts on Bitten I need a Season 4 PLEASE

19. Linda Liosis says:

I am getting so sick of u guys cancelling great series to put crap in its place. Really people!!!!!