TVLine Items: Once Revives Lancelot, Warriors Invade S.H.I.E.L.D. and More

Once Upon A Time Season 5

Someone better make room at the Round Table, because Lancelot is heading back to Once Upon a Time.

Per EW.com, Sinqua Walls is reprising his knightly role in the ABC drama’s upcoming fifth season, though it’s unclear whether he’ll appear in the present or merely in flashbacks. As you may recall, Cora allegedly killed Lancelot in order to assume his form back in Season 2.

Lancelot’s appearance actually makes quite a bit of sense, as the casting call for the character of Guinivere specifically references her crush on the knight.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* ABC on Friday announced that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s upcoming third season will incorporate characters inspired by Marvel’s Secret Warriors comic series. Additionally, S.H.I.E.L.D. “ambassadors” are heading to Comic-Con next month, where they’ll hand out Secret Warrior pins to select fans.

* TBS has ordered Funny or Die Presents: America’s Next Weatherman, premiering Aug. 8 at 11/10c. The winner of the hourlong comedy-reality series, also produced by Mark Burnett, will get $100,000 and will forecast the weather for CNN’s New Day.

* LeBron James will guest-star in Season 2 of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse, according to The Wrap. James currently serves as an executive producer.

1. theeinvisiblecircus says:

Reblogged this on Invisible Circus.

2. Wordsmith says:

The Secret Warriors news is hardly a shock, given that Skye, AKA Quake, was given command of a clandestine new group of super-powered operatives loosely affiliated with SHIELD. Other than Nick Fury not being in charge, it seems to match rather neatly to the established lore.

• Isobel says:

Agree Coulson mentioned caterpillars. It’ll probably have characters similar to slingshot and stonewall as well as Lincoln

3. BrightLight says:

Is CNN really that desperate for a weatherman?

4. I’m really looking forward to the Ouattake on Camelot. I’ve been sucha huge fan (non-shipper) for all but 4a. I loved Georgiana Haig but it was so pandering to “Frozen Fans.”

I love Gold, Regina, Snow and Charming, Whale, Leroy, Granny. I’m more of a cast s 1 /s2 gal. I even liked Neal & Jefferson, Anton, and August.
    I even like Robin and Hook.

I think they are all awesome in their own way and I love the stories they tell and the twists on my favorite tales.

• I usually don’t comment here due to the bullying of those not associated with the fandom.

Pls leave me alone, I would love a hook/swan/ neilfire(or whatever) HoodQueen all of it, any word smoosh ya’ll can come up with… just not digging Belle. Love Emile, hate the char&hookup.

5. Alex says:

In S2 of OUAT Cora said Lancelot is dead. But I think she was lying. He could be alive since we didn’t see his dead body. In ONCE its difficult to believe deaths unless we see the dead body.

6. GraceM says:

I’m hoping to see Lancelot in current time. Just because Cora said he was dead doesn’t mean he is. After all you couldn’t trust Cora’s word.
    I’ve been waiting for his return since season two and hope he makes it to Storybrooke.

7. Sylvia says:

I’d love to see Lancelot back. I wouldn’t worry too much about the fact that he is dead. Lately Once hasn’t been too consistent with their stories or what has previously happened, I mean if Zelena can miraculously become Marion even after Regina took out the pure heart, when she was frozen, and then Zelena becomes pregnant with Robin’s child, after she had to leave Storybrooke as dead Marion, because she was sick, even though Zelena is a powerful withh, and her sole purpose was to make Regina’s life hell, from New York City, then Lancelot or anyone can be alive and well and living in NeverNever land!