Jimmy Fallon Hand Injury Puts Kibosh on Tonight Show Taping

You’ll probably hear some emergency-room jokes in the coming weeks on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, but a hand injury suffered by the NBC host this morning in New York City is currently no laughing matter.

A Peacock net rep confirmed to TVLine that the show’s June 26 taping has been cancelled — and a repeat scheduled in its place — due to the accident.

TMZ first reported the news of Fallon’s injury — noting that after an examination at an area hospital, “a specialist recommended he have surgery immediately.”

According to NBC, Fallon is expected to make a complete recovery.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Hope Fallon’s hand will recover when he gets back to work.

2. Hank says:

should have had Higgins host

3. Amanda says:

It wasn’t that long ago that he got a serious cut on one of his hands from a broken jar or something. Wonder what happened this time.

4. BG says:

Years ago on the Tonight show, I don’t believe there ever were repeats. If Carson couldn’t be there, they would have substitute hosts! Is Fallon so insecure he won’t allow substitute hosts?

• David4 says:

When is the last time anyone on late night talk shows have a sub host? I’m thinking when David Letterman needed to have massive heart surgery.

It’s just not done for whatever reason.

• Paul says:

Oh please. Insecurity is not the issue. Guest hosts dont come free. You have to pay them. Dave, Jay, Jimmy Kimmel all send their shows to rerun when they are on vaca, Johnnys way was 30 years ago. Don’t be so quick to reflect the negative

5. Jules says:

Seriously jimmy a minor hand “boo-boo” injury put you sideline….I guess not everyone can be Dave Grohl…
    Anyway, take care.

• Christie says:

I’m sorry…surgery is NOT a “minor hand boo-boo” ~ settle down!!

• Thomas Powell says:

Really, Jules–I think I just caught second hand dumb from reading your snark. Maybe someday, when you grow up to be an adult, you might just understand the ramifications of surgery (of any kind), and the effects the medications used can have on the body.

6. Jeri says:

Didn’t hear about, what happened?

7. Jules says:

Wow my sarcastic remark cause a little “verbal” riot…
    Oh well, I can take it , I’m adult who just recover from a bad spread of my achilles tendon and work throught it until I was unable to stand/walk on it….
    Take care everyone….

8. Marie1013 says:

Jimmy tweeted that he used his hand to catch himself from falling. He didn’t fall, but his wedding ring caught on something and damaged his finger.

9. Deb Sterling says:

I almost lost my right hand index finger in a car door accident a couple years ago. Mine was microscopically reattached and my nail grew back beautifully so Jimmy, I wish you great luck with yours.

10. Mar says:

The past week in the News has got to have him itching to get back to work. Donald Trump? Those jokes are writing themselves !