Fall TV Preview

Scream Queens: Charisma Carpenter to Play Mom to Ariana Grande

Charisma Carpenter Scream Queens

Buffy the Vampire Slayer‘s Charisma Carpenter is joining Ryan Murphy’s TV kingdom with a pivotal role in Scream Queens.

Carpenter will play the mother of Ariana Grande’s character in Fox’s forthcoming horror comedy, our sister site Deadline reports.

In addition to her Whedonverse cred, Carpenter’s previous TV credits include Sons of Anarchy, The Lying Game, Greek, Supernatural, Veronica Mars and the hosting of ID’s Surviving Evil.

The series — which also stars Jamie Lee Curtis, Lea Michele, Emma Roberts and Abigail Breslin and Keke Palmer — takes place on a college campus that is rocked by a series of brutal murders. It’s set to premiere Tuesday, Sept. 22 at 9/8c.

1. Amy J says:

The fact that a Sunnydale High student is now playing a college student’s mom suddenly makes me feel very, very old.

2. Makes sense, Charisma played a spoilt entitled b***h once, Ariana is one…

3. Ian says:

LOOOOVE Charisma, and while it’s definitely a spot-on casting, Ryan Murphy’s the Devil and I won’t watch his show’s for anything.

4. Lisa says:

I loveee charisma! I wish she were on tv more. Im assuming by this late casting addition she wont turn up until later in the season?

5. Mr. Tran K says:

Happy to see Charisma Carpenter back on prime time TV. She’ll always be Cordelia on both Buffy & Angel.

6. Tom says:

Thank you for mentioning Whedon.

7. O'yaya says:

This is such great new I always thought Charisma Carpenter(and Shannen Doherty) belonged in Murphy production, although I would have much preferred it to be in AHS this is good too, her comedic acting from Buffy and Angel belongs on Screen queens and what it’s presenting itself to be I hope he migrates over to AHS though….How awesome would she have been in coven.

8. Jared says:

I’ve always loved Charisma Carpenter on Buffy and The Lying Game. Excited to see her back on TV especially on Scream Queens.

9. Joey says:

Love Charisma! So excited by this news.

10. Robby says:

CC looks great still. And check out her twitter feed @AllCharisma, it’s pretty good.

Now on to the show. I hope CC’s character does away with Arianna’s character.

11. cuius says:

She’ll probably welcome a role where she keeps her clothes on for a change, given her recent films

12. Lizo says:

Well that’s a case of brilliant casting.

13. Toby says:

I’m going with Ariana dies in episode 2, and her mother comes in to spear head the investigation. Also assuming she’s a former sorority member with lots of dinero. Additional kill for the masked killer.