The Bachelorette Recap: Let's Talk About Sex, Baby

The Bachelorette

Monday’s installment of The Bachelorette was perhaps the weirdest yet.

The episode, which began with Ian Thomson leaving the competition on his own terms, also included a faux-funeral for Kaitlyn in Ireland, a surprise performance from The Cranberries and a dramatic cliffhanger conversation between Kaitlyn and Shawn.

And yet, none of those moments were quite as strange, shocking and watercooler-worthy as Kaitlyn’s pre-fantasy-suite sex with Nick, which took place at the end of a one-on-one date in Dublin that featured make-out sesh after make-out sesh.

Kaitlyn has yet to break the news to her other contestants that she and Nick slept together, but even without that information, the remaining suitors — particularly Shawn, who’s getting more territorial by the minute — spent most of these two hours seething with jealousy. (And we’re not sure we can blame them.)

As always, we’ve compiled the highlights from this week’s Bachelorette installment, so view the gallery below — or click here for direct access — to revisit the wildest, wackiest moments from Week 6.

1. m3rcnate says:

Gross

2. HappyDaisy says:

Ugh… I just don’t care for her! Done with this season…

3. Dude says:

It’s the reaction of women to things like this that prove that men aren’t the only ones that have a lot to learn when it comes to feminism. Nothing wrong with Kaitlyn sleeping around. It’s nothing every Bachelor ever hasn’t done.

• HappyDaisy says:

I don’t care who or how many she sleeps with… I just don’t care for her. I wasn’t a fan of Chris Soules either. I think I’m just over the whole Bachelor/Bachelorette series as a whole.

• m3rcnate says:

People can have morals and be disappointed by other peoples lack of them for both sexes. I say gross but i say gross whether its a man or a woman that did it.
      And “sleep around” is fine when no one gets hurt, but she is dating other men who as proven by the “this season on the bachelorette” tease feel betrayed by her doing that.

• Timmah says:

Yep. When a girl does it she’s a slut, when a guy does it he’s a playah.

4. Michelle says:

I don’t care whether you’re a woman or a man, having sex with someone when you’re still dating eight other people is not ok in my book. I wouldn’t be ok with a Bachelor doing it either.

• Timmah says:

Well, I’ve never dated eight people at once, but I’m pretty sure if I were I’d be having sex with at least one of them.

• Judy says:

Well, she did say on camera this was a very, very important part of a relationship and this was ‘for the rest of her life’ we’re talking about. I guess that means she’s going to give them all a try and see which one comes out best for her. The casket theme last night was in terrible taste; this whole season has been one big disappointing exhibition of one kind or another. They need to step it up and clean it up to keep their viewers.

• Michelle says:

I guess Kaitlyn’s more normal than I am then, lol.

5. Jason says:

In the immortal words from Pitch Perfect, “(cough)…SLUT!”

6. Gerri says:

I did hold Bachelorettes to higher standards, because I thought they were more likely to have success with this type of dating, but I do feel she should have stopped herself for respect for the process and the other men.
    But can I just say how hilarious Ian was in his delusional idea that he would make a great Bachelor. Maybe he was right in recognizing that Kaitlin was not right for him, but he totally was mean to her. The producers would NEVER in a MILLION YEARS have him be the Bachelor.
    Wait this is the Bachelor producers…. never say never.
    Joe or JJ on the two on one???? Can’t understand why Joe is still around.
    Tanner can’t understand why he is still around. Probably because he is so cute and level headed. As is Ben H.
    Ben Z and Shawn seem to be fan favorites for the next Bachelor, but both seem too emotional to handle all the responsibility.
    Chris “Cupcake” I could see the producers using him and trying to spin the Dentist theme on the next Bachelor.
    Can’t stop watching this train wreck.

7. I don’t care how many people she’s sleeping with, but a fake funeral? How low do you have to hit for that to seem like a good idea?

8. Xocio says:

She is a Heaux, no two ways about it, there is a HUGE difference between a lady and this girl

9. V. Thompson says:

Worst season ever. Kaitlyn needs to remember she still has a lot of Bachelors to go before sinking her hooks into NICK. She needs to have her sexual fantasy with Nick, or maybe she already has, and get her head back in the game. I feel like I’m watching a kissing game. Terrible show, may not continue to watch EVER…………..

10. Leosrme says:

Quite honestly, this girl doesn’t seem to have any control over herself at all and seems very immature. I really don’t like her. There is talk on other websites that she actually slept with another one of the guys before Slimy Nick. I am betting on Jared or Shawn. She was in her hotel room on the bed with Jared, that’s for sure. Really, would you want to contemplate someone as your future wife who had slept around on a TV programme? Don’t think so. Ian who just left was quite a piece of work and really thought he was something he wasn’t; in fact I found him quite hilarious in his assumptions about himself. However he was right in my opinion when he told her he thought she was shallow and there to make out on TV. I think he hit the nail on the head. Every episode has been peppered with “drama” and her being upset etc. I am getting really bored with it now. I am considering not watching any longer.

11. Leosrme says:

Oh and the casket thing? That was dreadful and in very bad taste. Oh, and the gross public display of affection in the pub? Really nasty. Snogging and having a meal in a cathedral? What on earth…….

12. Deb says:

I think the entire season has been a study in bad taste. She made the pacifist sumo wrestle. She made them flame each other at a comedy show. She let Nick hone in after she made connections with the men already there and then she makes some if the men uncomfortable by laying in a casket. The whole show revolves around satisfying her perverse sense of humor and then she sleeps with one of them early and will weep her way through the next episode. Kaitlin doesn’t have the emotional maturity to be the Bachelorette Britt would have been a kindler gentler better choice. But it’s a train wreck and everybody loves them including myself.