Ratings: Celeb Family Feud Delivers Best Summer Debut Since Dome

Celebrity Family Feud Ratings

Survey says: ABC’s Celebrity Family Feud revival is a hit, drawing 8.5 million total viewers and a 2.4 demo rating with its Sunday night premiere.

As such, it easily led the sparse broadcast offerings in both measures and stands as TV’s top-rated summer debut in two years (since CBS’ Under Da Dome).

Among unscripted summer launches, it’s the best since The Voice circa June 2011.

Leading out of the Feud, ABC’s BattleBots reboot did 5.4 mil and a 1.9, dominating its time slot. (Because someone will ask: Castle‘s wedding rerun did 2.8 mil/0.6, besting an original American Odyssey.)

Over on NBC, the A.D. finale (3.5 mil/0.7) slipped 12 percent in audience while steady in the demo. The penultimate American Odyssey (2.2 mil/0.4) dipped a tenth in the demo.

Fox’s U.S.Open golf coverage averaged 7.6 mil and a 1.7.

As always and forever, cable ratings (e.g. True Detective, The Last Ship) come in much, much later and as merited are reported under separate cover.

1. Wtactualf says:

WTH was wrong with Tamar Braxton? I can’t believe they won, Toni had the dumbest answers!

2. Gerald says:

I can’t believe that is where the ended A.D. I was not counting on a 2nd season, but they really didn’t give much of a satisfactory finale. One more episode and it would have been a complete miniseries.
    Family Feud. I enjoyed it, but Steve Harvey has to stop with his indignation of some people’s answers. After all it is HIS producers that come up with all these questions that are just begging for sex related answers.

• Jane L. says:

Why should he stop? Don’t you think HIS producers want him to go off on people’s answers? His reactions to those answers are what makes him an entertaining host.

3. wrstlgirl says:

I can’t believe I even watched A.D. What a complete waste of time.

4. Terry says:

Judging by the T-shirts the Potter family was wearing, I’m guessing the episode was filmed before the NBA final. Sorry ladies.

5. antisocialbutterflie says:

“it’s the best since The Voice circa June 1011″

I’m surprised that the premiere didn’t get preempted by news reports of the Vikings invading Canterbury Abbey.

*Not a grammar nazi; I just can’t resist the lame history joke.

6. AngelWasHere says:

Meh I watched celeb Family Fued and can do without it. It’s not much different from the regular one really.