Exclusive

Graceland Season 3 Sneak Peek: Is Paige's Guilt About to Kill Her?

When USA Network’s Graceland opens Season 3 next Thursday, June 25, at 10/9c, Paige Arkin (played by Serinda Swan) has much soul-searching to do, as seen in this exclusive sneak peek.

The root of the DEA agent’s internal conflict, of course, is the fact that it was she who directed Sid Markham to Mike Warren’s hospital bedside in the Season 2 finale. Livid about her colleague’s cover-up of Lena’s death, Paige nudged the dirty cop to “finish” what he had started during the Solano compound massacre.

But as Paige reflects on that fateful convo with Sid — who proceeded to pay Mike a visit and crush his respirator tubes until he flatlined — she realizes she has other, more pressing matters at hand!

1. JoeTV says:

Never have I seen a character go so downhill in one season before. Paige was amazing in the first season so hopefully they can do some redeeming this year!

• Kate says:

I think she still has some fall left to hit the rock bottom. Especially if we just don’t hear anything about Mike for awhile (mind you, I think we hear the clear answer before the end of the season finale) and the guilt she has to deal with then. Then, if he pops up and, well, like Paul barely learns any lessons, he starts to try and protect her again (there is a scene in the trailer where she is yelling at someone to stop trying to protect her, my mind kind of went immediately to Mike).

2. SPAMMER says:

SPAM DELETED #TVLineCares

3. Joey Padron says:

good clip. can’t wait to watch season premiere next week. happy the show is back!

4. Kate says:

She can’t really think that Sid and his associates would just let her as a loose end go, plus all the other angle of the human trafficking ring, but almost regardless of what happened to Mike, they all know she is a fed of some sort and her cover as a corrupt one is still probably good but she’s a fed no one will care about.

5. wrstlgirl says:

It’s going to take a lot for me to like this character again. There’s no way back from what she did IMO. No lame attempt from the writers to try and make me feel bad for her will work. Nope, Nada, Never.

• Eliza says:

Agree 1000%

• m3rcnate says:

Amen. You hit the nail on the head. How will they try to make her get redemption and get fans back on her side? Oh not by actually redeeming her or having her get punished by the law (in reality what she did [assassinate a federal agent] is punishable by lethal injection) but they are going to have her have all these bad things happen to her, and have her feel super guilty, and us as viewers are supposed to feel so bad for her that we forget what she did and just want the other characters to help her.
      Well i call BS, i hope thats Mike on that bike trying to kill her. She is scum of the earth, worse than any criminal they have ever had on the show. She would be HATED by the team in the house for being a rat, for murdering Mike, for betraying them all.
      They ruined her character so fast it was mind boggling. Such a shame cause i really enjoy Serinda Swan as an actress and think she is cool, but now i look at her and i want her character to get choked to death by Mike like Tyrion did to Shae in GOT.

• ty says:

I hate that she did what she did but we can’t say she doesn’t deserve a second chance after all briggs doff almost have Mike killed

• m3rcnate says:

Ummm no. Briggs held a gun up thinking about pulling the trigger and he didnt. Paige gave a dirty cop who wanted Mike dead Mike’s name (aka location) fully aware he was going to go and kill Mike. He then went to the hospital, and killed Mike (even if he is resuscitated, he technically died). In the real world Paige would get lethal injection and be a shame and disgust to all law enforcement officers in the U.S. The only reason they will keep her around and try to redeem her is because they need the character on the show and dont want to get rid of the character/actress. If the show stuck to some sense of reality there is no way in hell the other agents wouldn’t report her, arrest her and be disgusted by her.
          When you think of the WORST thing someone in Law Enforcement can do to another Officer/Agent, what Paige did is it. She was not only a rat, but a betrayer of the highest magnitude and put out an assassination on not only her co-worker who is a Federal Agent, but a former lover.
          (And for what? Because he lied and said the girl who she barely knew was alive? Because he burned her already dead body? She died btw because he went in there and tried to save her because of Paige’s guilt trip she laid on Mike.)

6. Bwhit says:

I hate the direction they took Paige last year. Season 1 she was the moral compass in the house along with Charlie. I think, like someone else said, that its Sid’s crew going after her and Mike and Paul are the ones to save her ( I don’t believe Mike is dead). I saw a preview where she’s yelling at someone for saving her which I think is Mike.

• wrstlgirl says:

I don’t think he’s dead either, at least I really hope not, but TPTB have really gone out of their way to make us think he is. The actor hasn’t done any of the press, etc. for the show and stuff like that. I have to give them props for being able to keep whether he is or not a secret. That can’t be easy in these times of social media :-)

• Kate says:

IKR? The best off camera evidence to me is that I haven’t seen Aaron Tveit in anything or hear he is off doing Broadway or anything.

• ninergrl6 says:

He left the London production of Assassins early so he could film something for Graceland. How involved that is, we’ll have to wait & see next week. I believe Aaron did participate in some up fronts interviews last month along side Daniel Sunjata, and they’re both going to be on Today next Thurs, so he *is* doing press for the show.

• ??? says:

Do you wanna know? Someone on the crew spilled to me a long time ago.

• Dean says:

Yeah for an alleged dead guy the tptb are not making an effort to keep his survival a secret. With the numerous deaths on other shows at least they were more tightlipped about who took the dirtnap.

• Bwhit says:

My whole thing is, why would you kill Mike off? The whole premise was based off of him and Briggs, without one of them I think the storytelling goes down big time. Plus this whole experience would change his character In a big way which could be super interesting to watch.

• Kate says:

That was me. I’m actually planning on marathoning last season again just to see if I can understand what made Paige do exactly what she did. I mean, I got and understood what Mike was doing but he did mess up a lot during the whole thing, but like there was a whole introduction of Mike’s actual supervisor character, it would seem the more useful way to deal with him would be just to have given her a call, report him, and he’d definitely be pulled, probably investigated for some stuff, and she’d never have to see him again.

I had thought Charlie was the one to be let in on the secret, but it sort of looks like Jakes is, which, if you think about it, makes sense.

• wild_child says:

Paige was never the moral compass of the show. Johnny is.

• Bwhit says:

I disagree, love Johnny but sleeping with the daughter of a drug cartel kingpin you are trying to take down and constantly putting ops in jepordy is not the moral compass.

7. Mike says:

of course you don’t make it avialale to canada

8. Erin B says:

I can’t remember. Did Paige think Mike killed Lena or just that he covered it up? Neither is a good excuse for what she did, but I’m curious. I’m not sure how they’ll keep Paige on the show with what she did. I don’t know how they could redeem her.

• Dean says:

Mike was shot in the season finale and due to his delirious mind set from blood loss he spilled that Lena was dead, the warehouse scene with Paige. Mike was so desperate to bust the Solanos as well as Sid and his crew, they were on the Solanos payroll, that he wanted to keep te human trafficking going as a means to bust them, that got snagged when Lena was killed and if it got out that an innocent girl was killed because of a choice he refused to make how would that look for his operation? So he burned Lena’s body and refused to say anything about it he didn’t care for the innocent girls because all he wanted the glory of arresting Sid and the Solanos. At least that’s how I see it.

• Shaun says:

Mike was still undercover and since it was already done he didn’t want it destroying Paige since she was so invested.

• Dean says:

You see it your way I see it mine. Mike said he ‘felt like a rockstar’when he took down Jangles in season 1 and after transferring to DC he became more or less a desk jockey. He wanted to reclaim his street cred and figured that arresting the bad guys of season 2 was the way to go. Yes Paige did a horrible thing by serving him up to Sid, but don’t think for a second Mike had clean hands in all of this he did cover up an innocent girls death flambe her body may I add because he didn’t act sooner and if he did say ‘Oh I got a trafficking victim killed because I wanted to see this op play out longer cuz it would lead me to the Cartel and crooked cops I wanted to bring down’ how would the higher up agents look at him?

• Bwhit says:

In the beginning it was about what you described. Yes he should have told someone but if he would have shut down the warehouse another one would have popped up in its place. He did care about what happened and by the end I don’t think he would have cared about the glory. No matter what mistakes he made, Mike in no way deserved Paige serving him up
        like that in my opinion. He did care about Lena, that scene when she was burning proved that in my eyes.

• wild_child says:

to actually answer the question you asked, Paige never thought Mike killed Lena. Her suspicions were always that he covered it up which makes her actions more baffling. Yes, what he did was pretty crummy but he didn’t actually kill the girl

9. Lauren says:

BEYOND excited for this show to come back.

10. wild_child says:

Paige is irredeemable. There is nothing the writers can do that can make her someone I can like or root for ever again. Why they took Paige down this path is beyond me.

11. Liam says:

4 words. Paige deserves to die.

12. Lori says:

Is Paige’s guilt about to kill her? We can only hope.