Exclusive

Wayward Pines Video: Catch Up on the First 5 Episodes in 5 Minutes

As promised, Fox’s Wayward Pines uncorked its big secrets in Episode 5 — but even if you’ve yet to tune in, it’s not too late to jump in with the eerie thriller.

For one, TVLine has shared above a five-minute recap of the first half of the 10-episode series, including the big bombshells about the titular town’s secrets. (We’ve also posted below our “Who’s Who?” slideshow about the major characters.)

What’s more, I can tell you that when the show returns a week from Thursday, on June 25 at 9/8c, that episode delivers — to hero Ethan Burke (played by Matt Dillon) was well as to viewers — an in-depth look “behind the curtain,” thus answering several lingering questions you may have.

As showrunner Chad Hodge told us, now that the secrets are out, from here on, “It’s, ‘Oh my God, this truth is so massive and so gargantuan. What do we do with this now?’ That becomes more interesting, I think, than the solving of the mystery.”

Want more scoop on Wayward Pines, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. eva says:

Ohhh… now I regret not having watched it from the beginning :p

2. Wordsmith says:

Whoa. I know they said the show was pretty mind-blowing, but that was a serious twist. I may have to start watching…

3. The Watcher says:

If the twist is truth… then how was the sheriff in the “Future” with Burke, then back in the Past with his Family, then back in the Future again?

It CAN”T just be cryosleep.

And really? Killing adults is the only way to protect the children? (Who already know the truth) Some adults are clued in, the Doctor, the Teacher… Why are they not losing their minds? Are they Robots?

Is Dead Sheriff coming back?

Not sure I really care enough to watch, but I’m slightly intrigued. My main issue with shows like this are they’re all about the “Setup” & “The Twist” Characters take a backseat to the plot, so once the “Revelation” occurs I lose interest.

Without good characters to follow, what’s the point?

So hopefully there’s more to this show than I’ve seen so far, and “The Twist” isn’t the end of it’s being interesting.

• hud says:

Go to io9.com read the column.

• KCC says:

It’s not a matter of anyone going back and forth in time. It’s when someone is awoken in the future that dictates how long they lived in Wayward Pines. So Sheriff Pope could have been the last person to be put in hibernation and also been one of the first to be revived. So he could have been there when the Burkes were abducted in 2014 and also in Wayward Pines when they arrived in 4028. Pope was revived in 4014 and the Burkes in 4028. You have to view everything happening in 2014 and before as being a flashback, not happening simultaneous with what’s happening in 4028. The question is, how everyone was selected and why the were revived when they were and not all at once.

4. Paul says:

I would have to agree with the Watcher. Something stills seems a miss. There must be more to the tale than just the abbeys and mankind’s apparent demise. If everyone is so far in the future, why kill off the very people you need to save the human race? More to come, I’m sure.