Big Brother 17 Cast Includes Former WWE Wrestler, Pro Poker Player

The cast for CBS’ Big Brother 17 includes a grappler, a pro poker player and dealer, the requisite personal trainer and no one older than the ripe age of 33.

The summertime staple returns with a two-night premiere — airing Wednesday, June 24 at 8/7c, then Thursday, June 25 at 8. Its Sunday broadcasts debut June 28 at 8 pm, and the first live eviction is scheduled for Thursday, July 2 at 9 pm.

As previously reported, the live feed this year will be available via the CBS All Access service (as part of the $5.99/month subscription fee).

Details surrounding this summer’s exciting new twist (perhaps relating to the fact that only 14 versus 16 names are listed below?) “will be announced soon,” CBS says.

1. Sean says:

Umm three things….

1. VERY glad that you just showed the house guests in a list rather than in a silly slideshow.

2. The cast is too young.

3. Only two minorities. Sad, but not surprising.

• You know…I was thinking the same thing about the sad lack of minorities. However, as much as I love this show, the people are generally unlikable a-holes. The lack of diversity might be a good thing for the unrepresented minorities in the end.

• Shazay says:

How strange they have a cap on the age limit for BB now. I’ll take my BB business elsewhere and enjoy BBUK this summer instead. So much more fun, although there is only one “old” person left in the house.

• Martoukian says:

This didn’t say they capped the age of houseguests–just that there aren’t any older than 33 this season. There’s usually only one or two older ones anyway, and they have little chance of winning.

2. B says:

Gosh, I hope this means we get some old houseguests. The last couple seasons have been great with only new faces, but old faces add a special dynamic to the cast chemistry.

• wrstlgirl says:

Noooooo, I’m sick of them bringing back old house guests (see comment below). I guess it wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t the same ones all the time. I’d like at least one season without Rachel BS.

• Kate says:

I think they did like the two HOH’s and BOB last year, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they have two old houseguests from, sigh, last year be the first dual HOHs both because they understand it (that seemed to be an issue at times last year) and it might actually prevent the bigger dynamics from last year because, well, like even Derrick and Cody have said if they’d had a little more time at the beginning, the whole Devin thing wouldn’t have happened and they might have been able to work with Brittany more.

3. B says:

Also am I the only one who sees the last name Honeycutt and automatically go into to Queet as Folk-mode and hope he’s “the gay one”?

4. wrstlgirl says:

**wonders how CBS is planning to work Frankie Grande into the season** cuz you know some way some how they will.

• Curly Girly says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• wrstlgirl says:

I have all of my fingers and toes crossed it DOESN’T happen. And as much as I loved Zach I’m sorry I ever followed him on Twitter. He became almost if not more arrogant than Frankie. Didn’t think that was even possible, LOL!!

5. Allen says:

Calling it first: Da’Vonne or James will go first. Not because they are a minority, no, but because they have an abrasive personality, or they are simply boring, or you know, they don’t conform somehow and therefore will be the first one or two to go.

• Amanda says:

Da’Vonne is from Inglewood, CA….she will be voted out before she even makes it into the house! lol James, might have some staying power though….but if that Meg is only 25, than I must be 102! lol

• SuperChic says:

And this is what always pisses me off. Why do the people of color always go first? While I am sure she will, it saddens me that people are so afraid of a bit of color.

6. Will says:

Dang…hella’ white cast.

7. Erika says:

I guess more women will be eliminated first like last season and another winner will be a man!!
    And a lack of diversity?!
    How sad…

8. Matt says:

Last season was real good curious as to new BB house

9. BrightLight says:

Wow, I am now officially old. For the first time ever, I am older than EVERYONE in the house. Maybe one of the two missing people will be older than me. I didn’t even watch last season because I had no access to CBS, but now that I do, I’m on the fence about watching this season as none of the people listed holds any appeal to me.

10. Tim says:

Ugliest cast ever!

11. TJ says:

Da’Vonne is d’oomed. First to go no doubt. Audrey and Shellie will be besties. Georgia girls stick together.

12. Dude says:

Which girl is going to glob on to Clay and not do anything for the season? My money is on Liz or Shelli.

13. SuperChic says:

Can’t believe I wait all year for this bunch of players? Why do they do this to me every season??
    I am so tired of this “formula” BB and other game shows have of having only 2 person of color. I highly doubt there will be any showmances this season based on this cast.

I think if they can get along (hell, they may already know each other) Vanessa Rousso and De’Vonne Rogers they may have a chance of making it far.

14. AKA says:

Boo. No cute girls again this year!

15. kimudelf says:

I heard that Audrey is a transgender woman, so that should be interesting to watch. I hope people will be kind and open-minded.

16. Adam says:

Why is the dirty, hairy hippie the shirtless one?

17. Martoukian says:

I presume the arms up mean these are selfies?

18. Brian says:

Audrey is transgender!! Very cool, that’s a first for big brother US !

19. joeyv says:

Vanessa Russo will be the first to go. Can’t stand her and neither will you. #wasteofspace #cantplaypoker #tippinginstacityinchina

20. Wow! Am really excited about the transgender! Do the other guest k ow up front? Im getting all goose bumpy already!!!!