Teen Wolf Season 5 Premiere: Watch [Spoiler] Return in First 6 Minutes

Teen Wolf Season 5

Beacon Hills High School’s class of [whatever year it is on Teen Wolf] might be looking towards the future, but as you’ll see in the first six minutes of the Season 5 premiere, the incoming seniors haven’t forgotten about those they’ve left behind.

MTV decided to make this Monday a little less terrible by releasing an extended clip from the show’s June 29 return, which features a no-longer-surprise visit from — drumroll please — Max Carver! But why is Aiden really appearing to Lydia in a vision?

Teen Wolf Season 5At least we know one thing for sure: Season 5 is going to introduce a whole new Lydia to Teen Wolf fans. Not only does she prove she can take down the big boys in these first six minutes, but we also see she’s mastered her banshee cry. (Side note: Don’t be concerned if you’re confused by any of this. The premiere kicks off a little bit in the future.)

OK, enough talk. Hit PLAY on the preview video below, then drop a comment with your thoughts: How much do you love badass Lydia? And what else would you like to see in Season 5?

Get More:
MTV Shows

1. Alyse says:

It looks really good! I can’t wait for the premiere. But Aiden was the twin who died in the show, Ethan was the one that lived.

2. Sara says:

Aiden is dead so I know it must be a vision…
    Can’t wait.

3. nate says:

Squeeee! !!!!

4. Kate says:

This doesn’t ruin my theory, in fact it supports it. Lydia unknowingly likely pissed off someone up there in Eichen House last year (Vanek by stealing Deaton away) who happens to know Peter who knows that Lydia is the key to causing schisms in the Pack like he and Kate did last year by stranding her in Beacon Hills. So, I’m guessing during the investigation into the Slaugh, she gets sucked into Vanek’s little world but has some ability to control her environment but doesn’t realize it isn’t real. Aiden’s appearance would seem to support this given that he is, you know, dead. Its likely up to Lydia to figure this out and probably acknowledging he isn’t real is part of it. And then we go back to the beginning of the year and lead up to Lydia’s disappearance and they lose track of her and then we are caught up. And Lydia feels like she is missing much longer than she actually is and while when she returns she doesn’t have that much control yet, but its getting there.

5. Beth says:

Stopped watching this midway through season 2, what the hell happened? When did she learn how to fight and stuff?

• shutuprob says:

Lydia’s grown up quite a bit since mid-season 2 and even became the senior female lead when [SPOILER NON-ALERT] Allison died at the end of season 3 (Lydia also lost her then-boyfriend Aiden in pretty much the same battle). She hasn’t so much learned how to fight (as in formal training) as she’s stopped fighting her nature as a Banshee, which has also allowed her to embrace her not-so-inner geek. Her knowledge of chemistry has helped in a couple of situations and she’s no longer just willing to sit back and wait to be rescued. Also, with Malia being a physical fighter/brawler and Kira knowing swordplay and martial arts, she’s bound to pick up a little something here and there.

• shutuprob says:

Ooops! Hadn’t watched the sneak peak at the season premiere before i wrote that. Those martial arts skills are new, as is the telekinetic whammy she used. The whammy can be explained as simply her Banshee powers growing in strength, but the hand-to-hand combat skills are totally new. I would have to guess that several months have passed since the season 4 finale — and I would even hazard a guess that this prologue could be its own shorter time jump forward deeper into season 5’s main arc. More speculatively, I wonder if, perhaps, Lydia could be picking up skills and talents from ghosts she might encounter as part of any sort of a Bashee-power-boost. But, at this point, the smart money is that any combination of Malia, Kira, Josh and/or Derek might have been teaching her defense and then combat skills since the end of season 4.

6. Josh says:

Lydia got hotter!! Can’t wait for Season 5!!

7. LK says:

I lost interest when they killed Allison off.

8. Marquis says:

I’m done with this show. Neither Aiden or Ethan deserve the whole redemption plot the writers gave them. They never paid for what they did to Boyd and the fact that the pack acts like them murdering Boyd was nothing just pissed me off. I thought watching this might change my mind but nope. Enjoy the season other Teen Wolfers but I’m done.

9. 😂Yass😂 says:

I’m so ready for this season 😍😍😍

10. John036 says:

Two things I am ready for this season:
    1) Holland Roden getting the female lead billing
    2) BAMF Lydia Martin

11. Hanna says:

I CANT WATCH THE VIDEO!! IT SAYS UNAVAILABLE FROM YOUR LOCATION!!!! I REALLY NEED TO WATCH IT!!!!

12. shutuprob says:

Would love to see the vision of Dead Aiden foreshadow the return of a live Allison Argent.

13. Radha says:

I like Lydia’s powers growing but could care less about Aiden. I was never into the twins like everyone else was.

14. Ida says:

Ok I am so confused, Aiden died, Ethan is alive, but it looks like Aiden, I mean Max, not Charlie in the shot. What?! :O

15. Joan says:

I live in bloody Europe and I normally don’t mind but I REALLY want to see this episode in premiere but the MTV site directed to Europe doesn’t include it. :(

16. Nica says:

I would like to see more of the carver brothers or at least one of them, they make awesome were wolves!!